• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

Shaneus

Also, under "The Road Ahead" some mention should be made of the DC mobile app. Not sure what else could be mentioned, but I know that does crop up from time to time.

Makikou

I bought this game earlier last year on a deal and shlved it for awhile in anticipation of grabbing a wheel and pedals set. Got the wheel and pedals a little lver a month ago and have been loving the game since. I work a ton so i dont get to practice as much as I like and its also been an adjustment playing racing games with a wheel instead of a controller. If anyone wants to add for some races sometime, Im Greenymac and will be keeping my eyes on the thread and trying to get into races with people here more even though at this point I wont be much competition. me and my buddy have been having tons of fun doing 10 minute time trials in private lobbies. Feels like Q3 of F1 qualifying.

Love to hear that i am not the only one who loves time trial :)

Now I know 3D might be a thing of the past, but do yo guys think Driveclub could get a 3D mode in the future? It already has functioning VR developed, so wouldn't 3D be pretty straight forward to implement?

I personally would love to have more 3D games on the PS4.

farmerboy

1:40.094....

But seriously, fk that car.

....and MP races really need a "fastest lap" at the end with the results.

Great time.

Also, it'd be awesome to have some sort of splash screen showing the winning car, fastest lap, top speed. Just something to have a chat about in between races. To add to the banter.

nib95

Banned
Thanks for everyone who contributed towards making this thread, and a big thanks to Auctopus for the OP.

Expect some more details this week about the next game update.

YES!

Got my new car this week, and now it's new DC news/goodies as well. Good start to the new year!

benzy

Thanks for everyone who contributed towards making this thread, and a big thanks to Auctopus for the OP.

Expect some more details this week about the next game update.

tumblr_m21196Zxf21r13ktbo1_500.gif

Now I know 3D might be a thing of the past, but do yo guys think Driveclub could get a 3D mode in the future? It already has functioning VR developed, so wouldn't 3D be pretty straight forward to implement?

I personally would love to have more 3D games on the PS4.

Same here, although yeah I think it's probably unlikely, will be interesting to see if Gran Turismo brings 3D again like it did with 5/6

Ainsz

My guessing is the new tracks will be fictional places based on real life cities. A city track for each country would be wicked. Im pretty sure the city you can see from Sinclair Pass and Maplewood are the same. My money is on a city track there!

Has there been any word on patching in wheel compatibility? It makes me sad that a horrid budget title like WRC 5 supports PS3 wheels and this can't. Especially since they never corrected the misinformation going around pre-release that the game WOULD support PS3 wheels. Seriously, why is it so hard for companies to contact websites or reply on PS Blog posts to correct misinformation?

My guessing is the new tracks will be fictional places based on real life cities. A city track for each country would be wicked. Im pretty sure the city you can see from Sinclair Pass and Maplewood are the same. My money is on a city track there!
I think they could go for real locations.

Some of the original road circuits are real places with some tweaks and differences to make them decent tracks, Oliver's Landing for example... https://goo.gl/maps/hVW4EpjX6Xv

nib95

Banned
Do tell...

Don't be such a tease......what car?

Black cab, so that we can drive round the city in true city style.

But no, I think nib just meant they got a new car and we're getting DC news soon.

Not they got a new car and it is in DC :p

Yes of course. I just curious to know which car they bought. :)

Lol. Black cab could be pretty cool tbh. But yea, the car isn't in the game, I doubt it ever will be lol.

BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo M Sport

Whatever city streets they choose, I hope at night time there really are reflections and lights galore!

You should have gone with the datto! I had an '05 35th Anniversary 350z for 8 years which was great fun to drive - would have loved to get behind the wheel of a 240z.

Great pickup though!

Ainsz

I think they could go for real locations.

Some of the original road circuits are real places with some tweaks and differences to make them decent tracks, Oliver's Landing for example... https://goo.gl/maps/hVW4EpjX6Xv

Maybe, but the original tracks are fictional in themselves, just taking elements from real world. Figured the City tracks would follow suit. Wanted new tracks for ages, can't wait to see what they've come up with.

Makikou

Lol. Black cab could be pretty cool tbh. But yea, the car isn't in the game, I doubt it ever will be lol.

BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo M Sport

Whatever city streets they choose, I hope at night time there really are reflections and lights galore!

I think i need to balance this out by showing my mighty steed:

Nice beemer, one of the few that i actually like looking at Nibs. The steering is on the wrong side though, dunno whats up with that ;)

Makikou

Not bad. Pretty decent rims too. I remember driving one of these back in the day. Was a beauty it was.

Still looks great IMHO. The 206 is my first car and it's got about 155000 kilometers on it right now. Had to replace the clutch pressure bearing so i just replaced the whole clutch and then the usual supporting arms and track rod end ball joints on the front.

Sure aint cheap to hold a car but i love driving it too so.. worth it.

Sorry for OT :D

DirtyLarry

Finally picked up the Bikes expansion last night. Was a painful reminder of how damn mediocre I am at this game overall. Still enjoyed it though, but after that first initial batch of introduction events, shit got real super quick.

xrnzaaas

Finally picked up the Bikes expansion last night. Was a painful reminder of how damn mediocre I am at this game overall. Still enjoyed it though, but after that first initial batch of introduction events, shit got real super quick.

Which camera are you using? The helmet cam is really cool and immersive but it's much easier to post good results using one of the cameras positioned behind the bike (especially in bad weather).

DirtyLarry

Which camera are you using? The helmet cam is really cool and immersive but it's much easier to post good results using one of the cameras positioned behind the bike (especially in bad weather).
I am now using the behind the bike cam, the first one which is a little closer. I checked out the Helmet Cam for a few events and while amazing visually, just no way I could be effective using it.

I was doing decent, just not doing very good. Primarily with the timed lap events. I just cannot get that 3rd star (fastest time), as it pretty much means driving flawless. In fact the one event I ultimately stopped on it was not only getting a really fast time but doing a perfectly clean lap. I was able to do one or the other, just not both. Haha That is when I called it a night so I could keep some sanity before heading off to bed. Just going to take some practice with it. It is a much different experience overall.

It really is interesting how much the camera comes into play with this game especially. At least for myself. I almost always stick to either hood or cockpit view for driving games, and that is what I was using with the base game of DC. I eventually hit a wall where I could not crack the harder challenges. I stopped playing for months.
I then rented Need for Speed, obviously night and day as far as the driving experience each game offers, but in it I broke my tradition of using hood cam and stuck to behind the car as especially in NFS it is so much easier to drift.

So over this past weekend I fired up DriveClub for the first time in months and right away changed the camera to behind the car. All of a sudden the events I was having trouble with I was now able to at least compete. My tradition of sticking to one camera was holding me back, at least with DriveClub. Hard to break a habit after doing it for so many years, but it has paid off immensely.

The above is almost the primary reason I went to behind the bike in Bikes pretty damn quick. Love the Helmet Cam visually and sonically though, the experience is amazing to say the least.

xrnzaaas

Yep, I've started both DriveClub and DriveClub bikes with the cockpit/helmet cameras, but eventually had to switch to an external view for the purpose of collecting gold stars. It's just so much easier especially if you're driving in heavy rain or snow. Also drifting with the outside camera allows you to see so much more what's happening with the car. I still use the cockpit cams, but only when driving for my own pleasure.

As for the clean lap requirements in DC Bikes, yep, you have to pretty much learn the track and the limits of your bike by repeating the event at least several times. Most of them aren't very hard so you don't have to push too much and risk getting your wheels outside the track.

nib95

Banned
I feel like everyone in here bought the bikes DLC but me. Never really been that in to my bikes, and get the feeling that if I do try them I'll no longer have the proper feel for racing the cars as they'll feel so different once going back to them. Definitely interested to try it though. Maybe when it goes on a deal.

I feel like everyone in here bought the bikes DLC but me. Never really been that in to my bikes, and get the feeling that if I do try them I'll no longer have the proper feel for racing the cars as they'll feel so different once going back to them. Definitely interested to try it though. Maybe when it goes on a deal.

It's on sale right now for £7.99, unless you meant for even less.

nib95

Banned
It's on sale right now for £7.99, unless you meant for even less.

Tbh, £7.99 is cheap enough, but my backlog is absolutely epic right now so I might as well wait. Granted if Driveclub Season Pass 2 drops, I'm buying it straight away, simply because I'd rather play that over finishing Witcher 3 or MGSV, or playing any other game in my backlog lol.

Tbh, £7.99 is cheap enough, but my backlog is absolutely epic right now so I might as well wait. Granted if Driveclub Season Pass 2 drops, I'm buying it straight away, simply because I'd rather play that over finishing Witcher 3 or MGSV, or playing any other game in my backlog lol.

Good luck, i've been finishing TW3 since last summer, and still got a bit to go. :D

Syntsui

If I buy the PS+ Edition on account X (I would sign for 1 month, just to buy it). Will I be able to play it on account Y (Which is the main one, where I will always subscribe). I don't know how this edition works tbh, I hope it's no PS+ bond.

Makikou

If I buy the PS+ Edition on account X (I would sign for 1 month, just to buy it). Will I be able to play it on account Y (Which is the main one, where I will always subscribe). I don't know how this edition works tbh, I hope it's no PS+ bond.

Works like any other game you buy from PSN.

Are you talking about downloading the free version, because then it won't. If it's the paid version upgrade, then it will.

Shaneus

As long as Evo studios keep the game updated with new things , this shouldn't be a problem.
About the only thing I could ever see pull people away from DC is when the next GT eventually comes out. Even then, I'm sure there'll still be a dedicated base playing it (myself included).

krioto

About the only thing I could ever see pull people away from DC is when the next GT eventually comes out. Even then, I'm sure there'll still be a dedicated base playing it (myself included).

Yes, the new GT will need to be really good to pull my time away as well, but I can always see myself playing DC until the end. I'm now working on maxing all the accolades - going to take a bit I think

Yeah I think GT will be the toughest competition that DC will face, and a lot of us will drift away for a while at least - so far DC has always pulled me back after a big game release.

I had a bit of a run in online with a Russian guy last night and received these messages after...

Screenshot_2016_01_14_07_11_31.png

Ooooo scary :)

farmerboy

Lol^ - maybe he's tried that shit challenge with a shit car you sent out.....

DC is probably the game I'll play all generation. Provided we get some updates here and there. It's just the perfect game you can enjoy in little bites in between stuff. Or full on binges when need be.

Shaneus mentioned GT. I gave pCARS a crack. Even bought a wheel. Exhilirating when it all clicked, but menus and setups are tiresome. DC was still more "fun". Two different games sure, but I know which game I'm still playing.

Top Bottom