• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

S8uScTk.jpg

ABOUT THIS GAME

• Star Wars Battlefront marks the first game in a 10 year deal between Lucasfilm and Electronic Arts to produce AAA games set in the Star Wars universe. This first title is a reboot of a series of multiplayer shooter games that were inspired by the Battlefield series to recreate famous battles from the Star Wars films in an online environment. The series saw two main installments in 2004 & 2005, as well as two handheld spinoffs, that went on to have strong sales and develop a following of dedicated fans over the years. Over the last decade, a third installment was teased and cancelled on three occasions, but now the series has finally returned with the original creators of the Battlefield series at the helm combined with the marketing power of Electronic Arts, a new generation of consoles, and a rejuvenated Star Wars brand backed by Disney.

DEVELOPER: DICE
PUBLISHER: Electronic Arts
PLATFORMS: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC (Origin)

LINKS

COMPANION APP
  • The Battlefront Companion app provides on-the-go stat tracking, player customization, and a mobile card game called Base Command where players can earn bonus credits for use in the main game.
  • Android | iOS | Browser
GAF PS4 COMMUNITY
  • Name = BattlefrontGAF
  • Search User = SG-17

tfGlUk9.jpg

SEASON PASS
  • The Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass contains access to four paid DLC packs each containing 4 maps, a variety of star cards and weapons, a new game mode, and two new heroes. The pass retails for $50 while each individual DLC pack retails for $15.

PAID DLC PACKS
  • Outer Rim: Out now. A close quarters focused pack set in the halls of Jabba's Palace and refineries of Sullust. In this pack you'll fight with or against Nien Nunb and Greedo while attempting to extract valuables in the new Extraction game mode. Outer Rim is limited to 16 players and only features small modes.
  • Bespin: June 2016: A large mode (40 players) focused pack set in the Cloud City of Bespin. You'll fight alongside Lando and Dengar while avoiding being trampled by AT-ATs.
  • Death Star: Fall 2016. Not much is known about this pack yet, only that it will take place on the Death Star and will feature two more heroes.
  • Secret Pack: Early 2017. Nothing is known about this pack's theme at all. The timing however lends one to think it may be Rogue One themed.

FREE DLC
  • Battle of Jakku: Out now. In this free map pack you fight in the debris strewn fields of Jakku in large and small modes during the battle that set the stage for the opening sequence of Episode VII.
  • Raider Camp: Out now. This map is a Survival mode map converted to the small multiplayer modes.
  • Twilight on Hoth: Out now. This map is set on a glacier on the ice planet Hoth during, you guessed it, twilight. This map is for large modes as well as Drop Zone.
  • Survivors of Endor: Out now. This map is set in the burning forest of Endor after the shield installation is destroyed. This map is for large modes.
  • Other: Free weapons, star cards, and customization are also coming. The first three, the DLT-19X sniper rifle, the DL-18 blaster pistol, the Berserker trait card, and a Weequay Rebel skin are already available. A Bacta Bomb healing grenade card and an Ion Distruptor weapon card are coming soon.

HUTT CONTRACTS
  • Hutt Contracts are new ways to unlock weapons and equipment in Star Wars Battlefront. You pay with in-game credits to unlock a contract which then you must complete objectives in a match to gain access to the weapon or star card. This system is both for paid and free content. As of posting there are three free weapons and star cards that can be earned through Hutt Contracts in addition to the weapons and star cards included in the Outer Rim DLC.

Lulu23

Hooefully they don't wait with the patch until after U4 releases.
I wanted to play Outer Rim a bit more before Bespin hits but don't want to endure all the current issues.

Heads up guys, the Battlefront Community is going to be opening a ladder for the PS4 version of the game on May 1st.

A ladder is different than a tournament in that clans/teams can challenge other teams of their own volition, schedule the matches whenever they want, decide which maps and game mode(s) are played, and under what rules or provisions. Winning nets you points, losing or forfeiting loses you points.

Tubie

OT1 Midi-chlorian count:

YdPlU6t.png

Ozorov is basically kid Anakin in EP 1.

Can't believe I actually posted as much as I did in that OT.

As far as Battlefront, I've just been waiting till they fix all the bugs to play again, I just stopped playing at level 53 weeks ago.

Ozorov is basically kid Anakin in EP 1.

Can't believe I actually posted as much as I did in that OT.

As far as Battlefront, I've just been waiting till they fix all the bugs to play again, I just stopped playing at level 53 weeks ago.

I've read a couple of times before that people stopped playing because of the bugs, but what bugs prevent you guys from playing?
Yes, there are a lot of small bugs, but none of them make the game unplayable imo.

5taquitos

I've read a couple of times before that people stopped playing because of the bugs, but what bugs prevent you guys from playing?
Yes, there are a lot of small bugs, but none of them make the game unplayable imo.

I get mad every time I see my completed contracts and the 0 credit bug after every match. It doesn't affect the gameplay at all, but it just makes me shake my head.

Edit: And the Outer Rim playlist sapped my desire to play it at all, I hate slogging through HvV when I just want to play Extraction over and over again.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I get mad every time I see my completed contracts and the 0 credit bug after every match. It doesn't affect the gameplay at all, but it just makes me shake my head.

Edit: And the Outer Rim playlist sapped my desire to play it at all, I hate slogging through HvV when I just want to play Extraction over and over again.

Any word on them separating this mode from the Playlist? It clearly does not curb people from exiting and going back in to play again. So the 'split userbase' prevention fails.

Orcus

I still play, but the lack of good team balancing sometimes makes me not want to. It's also the cause of a lot of fully populated servers dying off, as it's the death spiral condition that most servers/games devolve into. I definitely play less because of it. Overall I agree that there aren't any game breaking bugs, just some slightly annoying ones.

Also, I've noticed that since they introduced the new large/small/bespin rotations it's harder to find populated servers for dedicated game types with some of the smaller modes and even turning point sometimes. I assume it's because people are playing those rotations more and not the dedicated game types as much. It's an odd decision as it's just another form of splitting your community.

Oh, this is nice! SG-17, I like what you've done with the place. Now where's the beer fridge? And Cheetos? And do you mind if I put my feet on the coffee table?

Post match screen shit is annoying, but somehow I don't notice it anymore. Agreed upon HvV. It seems like I always get put in a match of HvV on the same map every goddamn time I start a outer rim playlist.

I still play, but the lack of good team balancing sometimes makes me not want to. It's also the cause of a lot of fully populated servers dying off, as it's the death spiral condition that most servers/games devolve into. I definitely play less because of it. Overall I agree that there aren't any game breaking bugs, just some slightly annoying ones.

Also, I've noticed that since they introduced the new large/small/bespin rotations it's harder to find populated servers for dedicated game types with some of the smaller modes and even turning point sometimes. I assume it's because people are playing those rotations more and not the dedicated game types as much. It's an odd decision as it's just another form of splitting your community.

Yeah, they've made some questionable decisions with the whole playlist stuff, also with the base content.
Team balance issues are indeed annoying, but that has been the case from the get go.

The jumppack shield glitch and the team balancing issues has slowed down how much I play, but I haven't stopped.

Play Jabba's palace, you won't need your Jump pack there.
if only we could choose the map we want to play... :-(

So. Many. Bugs.

I'm loving this game still, can't stop playing Extraction, but ho boy. I can't believe the DLC has been out for a month now with NO fixes.

• 0 credit screen
  • 100% Hutt Contracts
  • Hutt contracts that stop increasing the counts
  • Hutt contracts that randomly finish before they should be done
  • "3 new items" notification
  • Broken diorama
  • Level 60 crashes

The DLC weapons seem underpowered compared to the vanilla weapons. Slight buffs to Dioxis grenades and the Relby would be welcomed.

But the biggest thing needed is an Extraction playlist. I don't even care if it's just the OR maps on rotation. I hate having to exit the playlist every time HvV pops up.

Xzan

OT1 Midi-chlorian count:

YdPlU6t.png

Woah... I didn't realise I'd posted that much. Normally I just lurk...

I'm struggling to find the time to play these days with Uni taking up so much spare time. It makes slogging through the Dioxis card upgrade a real chore.

I agree with everyone else about the DLC playlists. I really want to play Extraction but cbf jumping in and out and I've grown to hate HvV. I know they want to charge money for the maps but I miss the old days of quake engine games where you'd just join the server and download the map as needed (free mods back then, I know...)

Congrats OdysseusVA you are the last poster in OT1. I contacted a mod to close it so you losers would stop bumping it and confusing people.

Oynox

The biggest problem I have with this game is that the laser shots travel so slowly. I still do not understand why at all. It is ridiculous that you have aim roughly one centimetre in front of a running enemy to hit him at long distances. That is why I really do not understand how people use the T21B so much.

Just discovered the Relby rifle to be quite decent a medium to medium-close ranges. It sucks at long distances and has drawbacks in really close quarters, however chances are good if you see the enemy first.

The biggest problem I have with this game is that the laser shots travel so slowly. I still do not understand why at all. It is ridiculous that you have aim roughly one centimetre in front of a running enemy to hit him at long distances. That is why I really do not understand how people use the T21B so much.

Just discovered the Relby rifle to be quite decent a medium to medium-close ranges. It sucks at long distances and has drawbacks in really close quarters, however chances are good if you see the enemy first.
Well they aren't lasers, they are charged bolts of plasma. It's an energy based projectile system, which is why blasters have recoil too.

Top Bottom