• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starhawk Leaked Screenshots [Grainy Video]

Jtrizzy

[Nintex] said:
The game looks ok but the video is ridiculous are they making videogames or lifestyle commercials.
Yeah I'm not a huge fan of the overly dramatic sony dev diaries with no game footage. Naughty Dog does these too.

genjiZERO said:
I've not been following this very closely, but yet more bald space marines? Ugh. Completely lost interest. I was hoping it was going to be a HD Star Fox knock off.

You cannot be serious.

TheJollyCorner said:
sniping effectively in Warhawk was pretty damn challenging, regardless.

I'm hoping it's set-up the same was as Warhawk. "Find the damn weapons on the map yourself, biatch!"

Goggle Camping!!! :(

Lol, I loved the goggle campers who wouldn't even move from the spawn spot. Easy kills they were.

Grayman

Switching between mech and plane will change a lot of dynamics, maybe it will replace hovermode though.
Arnie said:
So I think it's pretty much nailed on that the mech will turn into a plane (just look at the wings) but the most important question we should be asking ourselves is, what sound will it make when it does?
chunkt chunkt FWOOsZOOOOOM!

Afrikan

remember people, it is all about gameplay and controls....even if it looks alittle different, I think it will still play similar.

imo, Graphics look great....and they'll probably look amazing when we see it in motion later tonight. It looks like it is using Killzone 3 tech.

The only thing I'm worried about now, based off the screens, is that the soundtrack might be different now...compared to the lovely Warhawk music. We'll have to see.

one thing about Warhawk was, it was very clean and the sound was amazing...from gun shots, to explosions, to hearing the Dropship fly over you..and you run for cover. So I expect this to sound even more amazing.

DR3AM said:
i was expecting warhawk in space not halo, ut3, red faction,

Maybe wait until they show the gameplay. There's nothing in these shots that wasn't in Warhawk, and there's surely a lot more to come that we haven't seen, give that we've seen practically nothing.

jayb

DR3AM said:
i was expecting warhawk in space not halo, ut3, red faction,

How exactly were you expecting this? No way that they would remove ground combat from a Warhawk sequel. So were you expecting that all the maps would be in space, with space stations to land on to fight on foot/tank/jeep etc.? It might be fun for one map, but would get boring if all maps were like this.

.GqueB.

Banned
TheJollyCorner said:
what tells you that you won't still get Warhawk in space?

Posts like these are fucking ridiculous.
Initial screen shots are always a good indication of what the full game will be like so I wish people would stop pretending otherwise. Doesnt really make much sense to me.

According to these shots, the vehicles will only have two wheels and Im afraid that this is something that I can never get behind.

spats said:
transformers_penis.gif

I cant stop laughing...

Afrikan

I feel bad for Dylan Jobe...these past couple of years he and his team have been able to keep the game hidden...and that is what he wanted, he wanted to show it when it was ready....I'm sure he wanted to show video first.....and everything was going to according to plan...

but of course, ONCE again the gaming media (Gamespot in this case) was unprofessional, and let an "accidental" leak happen. Its also a coincidence that this happens around the time their new website layout goes into effect.

iceatcs

[Nintex] said:
The game looks ok but the video is ridiculous are they making videogames or lifestyle commercials.
I think it is best thing I have seen. I love Sony made "behind the scene" videos, to show how the way of developers' life. These are very rare this gen.

I always thought many treated developers like the slaves.

Grayman

jayb said:
I'm sure there will be at least a few starhawk-only dogfight maps, just like warhawk had.
Dogfight mode will almost certainly come back but seeing only planet based maps does slightly dash hopes of space combat.

Afrikan said:
I feel bad for Dylan Jobe...these past couple of years he and his team have been able to keep the game hidden...and that is what he wanted, he wanted to show it when it was ready....I'm sure he wanted to show video first.....and everything was going to according to plan...

but of course, ONCE again the gaming media (Gamespot in this case) was unprofessional, and let an "accidental" leak happen. Its also a coincidence that this happens around the time their new website layout goes into affect.

fortunately it happened just hours before the actual reveal, opposed to a few weeks before an E3 reveal.

Hopefully the reveal will curb all of these crazy ass knee-jerk reactions.

I still remember the first Killzone 2 screenshot leak just before its reveal. That was goddamn hilarious- and the melodramatic panic mode from some posters was legendary (and quickly silenced once the full reveal came).

@TheJollyCorner Oh hey you have my Steam avatar :) Props

Anyway Warhawk's "art style" was just as boring but it was still a fun game so I'll hold judgement.

Afrikan

Remember the Dropship also would transform when you would go into hover mode.....so its not like they are just now adding transformation......apparently this is just the next phase, and I am very much ready. :)

Enron

Banned
Afrikan said:
Remember the Dropship also would transform when you would go into hover mode.....so its not like they are just now adding transformation......apparently this is just the next phase, and I am very much ready. :)

OH SHIT WHAT IF THE DROPSHIP TRANSFORMS INTO A GIANT FUCKING ROBOT!

ROBOTS

woolley

I really do think these screens are just from the single player and not from multiplayer.

In this screenshot you can see what seems like 4 npc's just standing around the mech.
islP5.jpg

And the third one looks like more like a scripted event then something from actual gameplay.

Afrikan

Enron said:
OH SHIT WHAT IF THE DROPSHIP TRANSFORMS INTO A GIANT FUCKING ROBOT!

ROBOTS

Then all those War of the Monsters fans can finally get some kind of fix.

I doubt it, but it would be crazy if there are different types of Vehicles per team, and when they choose to get close to each other, and TRANSFORM TO A SUPER MECH!!!11!!1! :O

jayb

careksims said:
Grr I want my epic space battles :( or air battles. The one I played at E3 2006 with big air carriers!

wow, I didn't know they were playable at one point. were they part of the SP that was canned?

rdrr gnr

Not the strongest art style (at least from the screens) but ultimately I'm concerned with how the game plays. I trust w/e fears people have will be put to rest once the actual footage leaks.

Top Bottom