• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
If you pick FANG at the character select screen it actually just plays onolaugh.gif, but no one has ever done it.

Edzi

As much as I dislike the design, he sounds interesting to play. I'll have to give him a chance, so thankfully the alt costumes are decent.

Poor Alex,

giphy.gif

Spman2099

As much as I dislike the design, he sounds interesting to play. I'll have to give him a chance, so thankfully the alt costumes are decent.

You are a canuck aren't you, Edzi? Because I am pretty sure it is mandatory that all Canadians at least have a pocket Abigail...

MrCarter

BriskSpecificBrownbear.gif

This guy literally breaks the ground when he punches you down.

MellowRemarkableBarebirdbat.gif

The Steam coming out of his ears during V-trig is a nice little touch.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Also side note, I think I'm starting to respect Karin's play even less than Mika and Laura. She seriously has like no weaknesses, gets to hit confirm into big damage, builds meter quickly, great spacing, throw game, and corner pressure, and has a 3-frame normal for solid defense and breaks up your pressure if your not super tight with meaty and setups. How the fook has she basically stayed the same since S1 and characters like Chun, Nash, and Ryu have gotten major changes trying to balance them out. Like who is looking at Karin's kit and going "hmmm...yeah yeah, she's good"???!!

Ridiculous!

Also, please give Ken a 3-frame normal that isn't a special. I think with that one change, he could compete with top tier so much better, along with St. HK 12 frames instead of the awful slow 14. Seeing Tokido check dashes with jabs and his st.mk was so beautiful, but I'm not confident enough to play with the glass cannon himself. Please Cap, give us Ken players a 3-framer, that's it!

Overall, great Evo. I think this is one of the best ever, and certainly SFV's best tournament. It really shows if you get passed the derp of the 50/50, there is an incredible mind-game to be found here. I think defense still needs a buff, but SFV will be considered a classic in the end, as long as they keep improving.

Ken's jab is extremely easy to confirm into combo/CA, so would it be fair to make it 3 frames? His c.lk also combos into super though that takes a lot more skill to confirm.

Maybe c.lp could be 3 frames? Ken's standing jab seems pretty good because on block it can be followed up with a throw or a frametrap b.mp (though that's hard to confirm off of) and on hit you can do a ton of damage and corner carry.

I don't know, I'm not smart enough at SF to do this balance work. What move are you envisioning as 3f and what would the repercussions be for his existing combos? If they took away the ability to link jab and target combo, I'd be finished. Back to bronze league in a day.

Edzi

Also side note, I think I'm starting to respect Karin's play even less than Mika and Laura. She seriously has like no weaknesses, gets to hit confirm into big damage, builds meter quickly, great spacing, throw game, and corner pressure, and has a 3-frame normal for solid defense and breaks up your pressure if your not super tight with meaty and setups. How the fook has she basically stayed the same since S1 and characters like Chun, Nash, and Ryu have gotten major changes trying to balance them out. Like who is looking at Karin's kit and going "hmmm...yeah yeah, she's good"???!!

Ridiculous!

Karin is fine, especially compared to the actual bullshit characters in the game.

Ken's jab is extremely easy to confirm into combo/CA, so would it be fair to make it 3 frames? His c.lk also combos into super though that takes a lot more skill to confirm.

Maybe c.lp could be 3 frames? Ken's standing jab seems pretty good because on block it can be followed up with a throw or a frametrap b.mp (though that's hard to confirm off of) and on hit you can do a ton of damage and corner carry.

I don't know, I'm not smart enough at SF to do this balance work. What move are you envisioning as 3f and what would the repercussions be for his existing combos? If they took away the ability to link jab and target combo, I'd be finished. Back to bronze league in a day.

I get the feeling Omni just wants Ken to be dumb
(er?)

LakeEarth

I'm starting to warm up to Abigail. I still think he's too big, like the giants from Tatsunoko vs Capcom big, but I like the little details I'm noticing about him.

Village

If cody fighting dudes who look like that, no wonder he's as strong as he is

Growing up in capcom's detroit is a legit training regiment, its almost if not just as bad as growing up in stillwater

Top Bottom