• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Flash S4 |OT| Think Fast

Sephzilla

I'm actually re-watching season 2 with my girlfriend currently and yeah, everything about the first half of the season is great. Zoom is one of the most terrifying looking supervillains

tumblr_inline_o6ii6gwYjp1tr0bml_500.gif

Johndoey

Banned
Ah finally the grand return of my favorite television dumbass Barry Allen. How long until he destroys the timeline, episode 3 or 4?

Keym

I'm actually re-watching season 2 with my girlfriend currently and yeah, everything about the first half of the season is great. Zoom is one of the most terrifying looking supervillains

Speedsters shouldn't... talk... like... the slowest... men.... or... women... alive.

That speech pattern killed it for me.

caliph95

I wish the reveal was that he was just some monster

He was way better as monster zoom than Jay-z

Sephzilla

I wish the reveal was that he was just some monster

He was way better as monster zoom than Jay-z

Yeah, agreed. They try to take off Zoom's mask only to realize that's actually his face or something nuts like that.

Speedsters shouldn't... talk... like... the slowest... men.... or... women... alive.

That speech pattern killed it for me.

HEADCANON TIME

Zoom spends so much of his time moving at super speed that he even started talking at super speed, so when he goes back to normal speed he has to consciously remember to talk slower so normal humans can understand him. Thus why his speech pattern is so weird.

caliph95

Yeah, agreed. They try to take off Zoom's mask only to realize that's actually his face or something nuts like that.

HEADCANON TIME

Zoom spends so much of his time moving at super speed that he even started talking at super speed, so when he goes back to normal speed he has to consciously remember to talk slower so normal humans can understand him. Thus why his speech pattern is so weird.
Does remind me of the explanation for why Quicksilver is an asshole

vmWQ7O0.jpg

HEADCANON TIME

Isn't that sort of the reason for his speech patterns in the comics?
I don't read much DC stuff, but I'm sure one of the speedster villains spoke in a similar fashion.

Acidote

I have abandoned it after last season. I'll ask you guys halfway through season 4 if things have improved or not.

LionPride

Banned
Fuck that musical episode

Creating manufactured drama for Supergirl and Flash only to have that shit solved in one episode was garbo

I liked it at first but when I thought about it in the grand scheme of things...nothing happened

Sephzilla

If Arrow can rebound from the two shitty seasons it had then I think Flash can as well. Arrows lows were still lower than Flash's

LionPride

Banned
Flash's last season was substantially worse than season 3 and 4 of Arrow

I missed a month of Flash and literally nothing happened

At all

At least with Arrow it was interesting in season 3 and 4 is actually decent

Flash was just boring as fuck

Sephzilla

I dunno, I don't think anything will match the lowpoint of Felicity standing up out of a wheelchair and walking out of the room

caliph95

Flash's last season was substantially worse than season 3 and 4 of Arrow

I missed a month of Flash and literally nothing happened

At all

At least with Arrow it was interesting in season 3 and 4 is actually decent

Flash was just boring as fuck
Honestly Flash was spinning it wheels for most of the season and the crossovers didn't help

AOS for example for better or worse at least feels like the plot is always moving forward

There's whole lot of nothing but wasting time even if you include the procedural asoects

Rvaan

Banned
Honestly Flash was spinning it wheels for most of the season and the crossovers didn't help

AOS for example for better or worse at least feels like the plot is always moving forward

There's whole lot of nothing but wasting time even if you include the procedural asoects

The shift to the sub seasons/ mini-arcs really helped AOS. Never felt like anything as being wasted. Flash on the other hand felt like each week there was at least two scenes that wasted my time.

LionPride

Banned
I dunno, I don't think anything will match the lowpoint of Felicity standing up out of a wheelchair and walking out of the room
I was pretty annoyed with how the reveal of Savitar was extended throughout the ENTIRE season

Got me more heated than any Olicity drama.

I think the reaction of petulant man children pissed me off more than anything in regards to Arrow

Forward

They've said otherwise but I think we'll still a villain speedster this season.

Speed Chess vs The Thinker.

Barry creates so many alternate timelines correcting bad moves, that he ameliorates them all back into one. This lasts until Season 6 Episode 1.

GulAtiCa

I do feel like both Arrow and Flash could benefit from shortening their seasons a little

I'd much rather not.. Flash last season didn't have all of it's issues due to it's length. And at it's full length Arrow stayed awesome, with only a few small dips, throughout last year. Length isn't the problem.

Sephzilla

I'm in the minority seemingly but I've always thought Agents of Shield was pretty trash aside from the Ghost Rider stuff

Sephzilla

My god I'm having a relapse of how stupid that Arrow shit was

SHE GETS UP AND LEAVES BECAUSE SOMEONE ELSE, WHO TOLD HER TO NOT EVEN BE MAD AT OLIVER, TOLD OLIVER NOT TO TELL FELICITY AND THAT PERSON EVEN TOLD FELICITY IT WASN'T OLIVERS FAULT.

"OLIVER I'M GONNA DRAMATICALLY WALK OUT BECAUSE I'M NOT CENTRAL TO THE PLOT AND THAT UPSETS ME"

caliph95

I'd much rather not.. Flash last season didn't have all of it's issues due to it's length. And at it's full length Arrow stayed awesome, with only a few small dips, throughout last year. Length isn't the problem.
Agree

Person of interest is one of the best sci fi show and it does fine with it's length

Even on cw Jane the virgin does fine

Flash could have more plots to use by revealing Savitar early and using the cult more, just didn't know how to use it's length

LotusHD

Banned
Agree

Person of interest is one of the best sci fi show and it does fine with it's length

Even on cw Jane the virgin does fine

Flash could have more plots to use by revealing Savitar early and using the cult more, just didn't know how to use it's length

Meh

Forward

I wanted to forget...

Felicity has literally been the worst part of Arrow since some point in the middle of Season 1. Yes, worse than Laurel. At least Laurel has a 50:50 mixup of being rational. And she isn't a computer genius. Felicity does so much profoundly dumb shit, it defies probability. Her chemical imbalance is plot device deus ex machina.

20+ episode seasons are fine, you just have to budget the time effectively. If you wanna do a singular season long plot, you're gonna have to come up with a doozy to fill the space. Else, you need either baddies of the week or sub-arcs. I prefer the latter; Gotham in particular does very well by dealing mostly with 3-5 episode arcs rather than season-long ones.

20+ episode seasons are fine, you just have to budget the time effectively. If you wanna do a singular season long plot, you're gonna have to come up with a doozy to fill the space. Else, you need either baddies of the week or sub-arcs. I prefer the latter; Gotham in particular does very well by dealing mostly with 3-5 episode arcs rather than season-long ones.

AoS and Gotham (to an extent) got it best. Break it up through 3 major arcs. Enough spacing to fill the season and focused enough to still deliver surprises.

ZeroX03

Banned
Maybe this season the gang will remember their dear old friend, Pied Piper.

No idea why they don't use Pied Piper more. Andy Mientus doesn't seem to have a busy TV schedule, I guess he's either doing the stage or they just forget to use him. This show doesn't do a great job at building a staple of recurring characters, they either drop them or the actor moves on (Gypsy soon to be Taken).

It'll be weird when they do the 100th episode next season and they flash back to all of Team Flash's beloved friends and allies and it's still just Ronnie and Eddie. And a couple of Tom Cavanaghs.

MartyStu

AoS and Gotham (to an extent) got it best. Break it up through 3 major arcs. Enough spacing to fill the season and focused enough to still deliver surprises.

We do not need to pull from other shows and networks to figure out how to do it right.

LoT S2, Flash S1, Arrow S1,2,5 are all good.

The writing being shitty has nothing to do with the episode order or the structure for the season.

JSevere

glad the show is almost back, Flash has been a big part of how I wind down on Tuesday nights for the past three years. hope the writing is better this time around though, last season got pretty ridiculous

caliph95

glad the show is almost back, Flash has been a big part of how I wind down on Tuesday nights for the past three years. hope the writing is better this time around though, last season got pretty ridiculous
Don't know why you would think that

6brhzvs10azy.jpg

There was a new interview that went up, they were saying that him being in the speedforce will be like a reset on the character and they will try to make him comic book accurate. Idk a lot of thebstuff from the interviews seems like they really are trying to improve for this season.

Top Bottom