• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| September 2017 | 25 Years of wearing a smile to work!

caliph95

From Spectacular Spider-Man

I love the idea of Deadpool spending his time doing Standup comedy

That Spiderman completely bombing

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh, RUMBLE's new run isn't going to have James Harren. He was 95% of the reason I liked that book so much...

I mean, yeah, David Rubin is really good but James Harren is godly.

Messi

Oh, RUMBLE's new run isn't going to have James Harren. He was 95% of the reason I liked that book so much...

I mean, yeah, David Rubin is really good but James Harren is godly.

John Acrudi said Harren wanted to leave. Not much he could do. Can't force him. He gave his blessing to go on and he left over a year ago.

FINALLY got the third JSA Omnibus.

Seriously, these are the most glorious omnibus spines ever.

2fuIMlq.jpg
That New 52 Supergirl fig

Ugh

I have loads of graphic novels but I’ve only just started getting library editions such as fear agent and I’m just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for large sets like these?

VanWinkle

I have loads of graphic novels but I’ve only just started getting library editions such as fear agent and I’m just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for large sets like these?

The Goon is great and is now completed in five library editions.

There's plenty of good DC Absolute Editions, but they're a lot more expensive in general than the Dark Horse LEs.

Ross61

Why the hell did no one mention the Milestone relaunch will be revealed at New York Comic Con?! And by Kirkman? Robert Kirkman?

Ross61

Dude!

One of the most anticipated events will be the relaunch of Milestone Media, the pioneering African-American–owned superhero comics publisher originally founded in the early 1990s by Denys Cowan, Michael Davis, Derek Dingle, and the late Dwayne McDuffie, which shut down operations in 1997. Lee says the line will be “unveiled” at NYCC this year as part of a panel that will include Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman. Kirkman is featuring Milestone’s pioneering line of minority superhero series—among them Static Shock, Icon, Hardware, and Blood Syndicate—in a segment of The Secret History of Comics, a documentary on comics history he has produced for AMC that will debut in November. The episode will be previewed during the panel. And look for appearances by Cowan, Reggie Hudlin, Kirkman, and Greg Pak.
Source

Also there will be more news on the Young Reader line as well. Wonder when we'll get more info on the Mature Readers line.

Does anyone know if DC are ever going to get off their arse and do any more of Snyder/Capullo's Batman in Absolute format? I want to collect it but then I remembered that I feel that Zero Year, at least, deserves an Absolute release...

Read the first issue of Tokyo Ghost and not feeling it at all. The dialogue just feels weird. Maybe I should just stop trying with Remender.

Yeah, it's like his other book - Low -...I could sort of get that its "quality" and people would like it etc but something about it just did not grab me. For Tokyo Ghost I thought "Oh, the concept sounds cool!" but read an issue or two and never found myself itching for the next one.

Seven to Eternity sounds interesting...

i never learn

Aizo

Banned
Read the first issue of Tokyo Ghost and not feeling it at all. The dialogue just feels weird. Maybe I should just stop trying with Remender.
Thank you.
Finally.
I think that's his worst book by far. The beautiful art blinds many from the bad writing. To be fair, the next couple issues are different. Not to say they're better.

Messi

Thank you.
Finally.
I think that's his worst book by far. The beautiful art blinds many from the bad writing. To be fair, the next couple issues are different. Not to say they're better.

I did like the insights that it gave me about Japanese culture and practices. Also very pretty.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

The first two issues didn't do much for me either but it picks up after that. Though it did feel like there was an entire arc missing between the two arcs.

I'm not the biggest of Remember fans either. He's often overly preachy and lacking in subtlety. He also tends to run the same theme's into the ground over and over again. We get it Rick. Mommy and daddy didn't hug you enough as a child. Also not a fan of how his series just seem to change in tone on dime.

Messi

I loved how the tone of Deadly Class changed the second the trip to Vegas started. I would likely have dropped it if that didn't happen.

Bestsellers:
1. Batman #31
2. Batman: The Red Death #1
3. Critical Role #1: Vox Machina Origins
4. Injustice 2 #24
5. Star Wars Annual #3
6. Nightwing #29
7. Invincible #140
8. Superman #31
9. The Wild Storm #7
10. Justice League #29

Does anyone have a release date for Green Arrow Deluxe (Rebirth)? Had mine pre-ordered on Amazon but now they're all "We need a little more time..." and on the product page it says its no longer available : /

So for JLA,
it looks like Lobo may be leaving the team soon. I do hope we get either Supergirl or Midnighter to replace him. I like the way Orlando writes those characters.

Also they made it to Ray, and Aut us clearly the bad guy.

So what happened to Preon? Is she dead?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Red Death was so cool. I love than when he runs, instead of lighting it's red and black bats that fly off of him.

Messi

Does anyone have a release date for Green Arrow Deluxe (Rebirth)? Had mine pre-ordered on Amazon but now they're all "We need a little more time..." and on the product page it says its no longer available : /

It was cancelled and now the book is going monthly. Same happened to Aquaman. Amazon UK is just really shit at removing cancelled books.

The first two issues didn't do much for me either but it picks up after that. Though it did feel like there was an entire arc missing between the two arcs.

I'm not the biggest of Remember fans either. He's often overly preachy and lacking in subtlety. He also tends to run the same theme's into the ground over and over again. We get it Rick. Mommy and daddy didn't hug you enough as a child. Also not a fan of how his series just seem to change in tone on dime.

Yeah, I think it boils down to that for me. The books have an interesting pitch and there is clearly a lot of effort put into the world building but the way it is told seems a bit heavy handed/try hard. The same thing with the repeating themes. Fear Agent was interesting and fun. Then I tried Low, Black Science and now Tokyo Ghost. At least I could make it through the first volumes of Low and Black Science.

I wonder how these would colour any re-read of Fear Agent for me.

Also picked up Batman v3 from the library.

mreddie

Can not believe how improved Venom is post WHATSTHEJABRONISNAME to Eddie.

Costa gets the Eddie-Symbiote bond.

Avengers seems like a good post Empire issue only they don't address anything from Empire but Falcon giving the lead to Jane (LOL) and Spidey post Industries.

Top Bottom