• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toukiden: The Age of Demons |OT| "very f*ckable." -@tecmokoeieurope

wilflare

They're bath boosts. So you have to manage to luck out and meet them in the bath while having the appropriate relationship level to obtain their boost.

Tatara can give you Armory or the weapon equivalent(Man at Arms I think?) which boosts the rate your armor or weapons "level up".

Shusui has Appraisal.

Shikimi gives Greed.

Yamato increases the chances of obtianing Mitama.

The 6 combat NPCs each give a bonus that affects their weapon type.

I forget Kikka and Yu's abilities =/

hmm. is there a list/site that has all this abilities listed?
there should be a selection in the menu that allows us to know what's active too!

damn. I thought talking to Yamato before every battle would give me that Mitama bonus... lol that's why I kept doing it (and kept getting Mitamas)... only to release it's all a big lie. lol

But I talk to everyone every time I go back to the Town/HQ... not sure if that affects anything

Seil

hmm. is there a list/site that has all this abilities listed?
there should be a selection in the menu that allows us to know what's active too!

damn. I thought talking to Yamato before every battle would give me that Mitama bonus... lol that's why I kept doing it (and kept getting Mitamas)... only to release it's all a big lie. lol

But I talk to everyone every time I go back to the Town/HQ... not sure if that affects anything

You can see what's active, though ._. these are standard ability boosts, so they're in your ability list highlighted blue like any other bath/offering box boost.

These simply replace the boosts you normally get from the bath so long as you have high enough relationship with the person you encounter. Not sure if there's a comprehensive guide on available boosts, though. Translated, anyway.

Also talking to everyone before going on a mission will help you increase your bond with them. Shusui and Yamato practically require that you do this or encounter them in the bath to actually get them maxed.(I finally maxed Yamato earlier so all are maxed now, woo!)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Yeah it's unique I believe. Looks pretty cool, seems impossible to get the Rosaries from Abyssal Fiend though... no luck yet haha. And he takes ages to take down as well.

I'm probably gonna call it a night Scher, thanks for your help earlier though!

Ha, that timing :p no worries, they were 2 pretty long fights.

I got a rosary drop almost every time I killed him. The hardest part for my heaven set was the golden skulls. I figured the rosaries was one if his common drops.

Shengar

It's not. I've killed him 5 times and not had any. Got heaps of Golden Skulls from Cerberus.

Strange, just fought him for the first time and I got rosary. Maybe we should hunt Abyssal Fiend tomorrow, as I'm looking forward to create Heaven set as well.
By the way, is Golden Skulls an ingridient for heaven helmet? Out of the set, only the helmet that dissapeared in my list.

ramyeon

Strange, just fought him for the first time and I got rosary. Maybe we should hunt Abyssal Fiend tomorrow, as I'm looking forward to create Heaven set as well.
By the way, is Golden Skulls an ingridient for heaven helmet? Out of the set, only the helmet that dissapeared in my list.
It's that desire sensor, I swear.

It's Edax all over again.

Ogawa-san

If you're going for Heaven's set upgrade (Deity), you might want to save yourself the trouble. Compared to the second best craftable set (not an upgrade):
5gw1eP3.jpg
KlyY0Do.jpg
It's not fully fortified yet but after 5 it only gains one defense per level.

ramyeon

If you're going for Heaven's set upgrade (Deity), you might want to save yourself the trouble. Compared to the second best craftable set (not an upgrade):

I'm making all the sets and I like the way it looks though.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Is this made from ch10 stuff?

Ogawa-san

Today I learned the hard way that, in that solo mission against a Bloodhunter AND a Skyshredder, if you take more than 10min to kill the first the second will come out anyway.

3 missions to go, all solo. Maxing out bows and ignoring other weapons bit me squarely in the ass. Had to make elemental gauntlets to get the mission done.
I just got one of these http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0079V29EI/?tag=neogaf0e-20 and playing this game feels so much better now.
Hah, I got this one last week because my hands were hurting so bad. Should get here soon, hopefully before MHFU.

Shengar

Man, this is so depressing :(
In my country, it's sold like a hot cake and sometimes it hard to come by on renowned seller.
I fear that when Omega Force made Toukiden 2, they wouldn't bring it here D:

Not surprising since all the Vita owners I know didn't even know this game existed.

Then it's up to you to preach the word!

krossj

Reached Phase 9 earlier. Abyssal Fiend has some array of moves at his disposal.

When does Amaranthine King become available? Think I will play up to that point then drop it. I've enjoyed it but it is starting become a bit bland for me. A lot of the battles feel very similar even when the bosses are mixed.

Scher

Reached Phase 9 earlier. Abyssal Fiend has some array of moves at his disposal.

When does Amaranthine King become available? Think I will play up to that point then drop it. I've enjoyed it but it is starting become a bit bland for me. A lot of the battles feel very similar even when the bosses are mixed.

Amaranthine King should be towards the end of phase 10

swnny

Wohoo, got my pre-ordered copy today. ^^ Imported my demo save (10 hours from it alone?!) and I'm ready to sink lots of time this weekend. Question is, should I play the single player story or try to catch up with you guys on the online quests? I mean, how far in the game are most of you?

Wohoo, got my pre-ordered copy today. ^^ Imported my demo save (10 hours from it alone?!) and I'm ready to sink lots of time this weekend. Question is, should I play the single player story or try to catch up with you guys on the online quests? I mean, how far in the game are most of you?

I'm on phase 6 and it's hard for me to progress since most people are well past it and the online userbase is tiny. Only like 5-10 servers up max any time I check. I wish ToukidenGAF was even half as big as MH3UGAF :(

Seil

You're going to want to get at least somewhere decent in the story due to quests to expand inventory and the like. The final materials chest quest doesn't appear until you reach the final story mode chapter. I'm starting to close in on my 500 limit and just need this damned Flameice dragon to drop for max -.-

I'm only in Phase 7 MP but a number of people here appear to be in 8-9+

Edit: Oh, also there are some valuable features like Mitama levels and the Forge that will require you beat Chapter 5 in story mode, too. I don't think MP phases unlock those either(someone who's focused more on MP than story mode could clarify though)

I'm on phase 6 and it's hard for me to progress since most people are well past it and the online userbase is tiny. Only like 5-10 servers up max any time I check. I wish ToukidenGAF was even half as big as MH3UGAF :(

I've just been rushing through the phases right now primarily through Single Player mode to catch up, myself x.x Just doing enough missions to unlock each phase(until now where I'm stuck repeating this one mission trying to max my storage lol).

krossj

Amaranthine King should be towards the end of phase 10

Thank you

I would recommend doing the first couple of chapters in the single player before venturing online. Will give you a good approach to some of the bosses. But you can go online anytime you feel like it, always lobbies with people in the first couple of phases.

Shengar

If you want to focus on MP, then go for it, though SP can net you some interesting item.

Yeah ToukidenGaf feels so limited. Only handful of poster that usually post here :(

wilflare

Man, this is so depressing :(
In my country, it's sold like a hot cake and sometimes it hard to come by on renowned seller.
I fear that when Omega Force made Toukiden 2, they wouldn't bring it here D:

Then it's up to you to preach the word!

sorry guys :( did not mean to bring down the mood here :/

but yea my EU Vita friends on twitter did not hear of this game T_T it's sad

Don't be sad, get glad :D I'm trying to finish off ch4 in mp, but am close to beating 5 or 6 in sp. I haven't the time I wish to have for this game, and I also thought I was just getting left in the dust. Hell I rarely play with anyone here cause sometimes I can only do like 2-3 missions at a time, and it seems it would be too inconvenient for people. I rarely do pubs, either, for when I want to play I want in NOW, and I know the ai won't scree me over. Though, they have been acting reaaaal dumb the last few hunts...

But I wanted to make this totally separate. I'm creating a room now, I am halfway through phase 4. Will keep it open for a bit before I start doing missions the ai way.

Room name : Gaf
Pw: pinto

Scher

But I wanted to make this totally separate. I'm creating a room now, I am halfway through phase 4. Will keep it open for a bit before I start doing missions the ai way.

Room name : Gaf
Pw: pinto

I'm quite ahead of that, myself (phase 9), but if you'd like someone just to help you progress a little faster, I can come join you for a couple of missions. I can't stick around for too long, though, because I've got some other stuff I'm trying to do.

I'm quite ahead of that, myself (phase 9), but if you'd like someone just to help you progress a little faster, I can come join you for a couple of missions. I can't stick around for too long, though, because I've got some other stuff I'm trying to do.
Yea I wouldn't mind at all. Are you Jabberwok? If yes, rad, if not, starting a mission here in a sec

Scher

I wish it was more apparent when there are hidden enemies. I didn't even notice the umbrapod, and I could still use an item from it.

Edit: Alright, I think that's enough for me, now. I stuck around a little longer than I had intended to. Got some reading to get back to.

Wow. I just barely got that Pursuit out on that Umbrapod at the end lmao.

Edit: Character name Sera btw.
I wish it was more apparent when there are hidden enemies. I didn't even notice the umbrapod, and I could still use an item from it.

Edit: Alright, I think that's enough for me, now. I stuck around a little longer than I had intended to. Got some reading to get back to.
I...I didn't even know one was there :O

Ggs though, that will really help me out. I can clear the other missions solobot style to get that phat loot. Thanks all!

Mugaaz

My brother and I just picked this up due to favorable comments. Install, but neither of can join any lobbies, always get error has occurred. WTF? He is in ND, I'm in CO. Don't understand.

wilflare

I have no luck with Edax Hornbits either
but hey at least I got a Shadow Soul

but I got a Green Eye from it

but it's only worth 20

-.-

ramyeon

I have no luck with Edax Hornbits either
but hey at least I got a Shadow Soul

but I got a Green Eye from it

but it's only worth 20

-.-
If you're looking for Golden Skulls you should just be farming Cerberus instead. He gives heaps of them as well as other stuff that you can sell for tonnes of Haku. So much easier than hoping for Shadow Souls to spawn.

wilflare

If you're looking for Golden Skulls you should just be farming Cerberus instead. He gives heaps of them as well as other stuff that you can sell for tonnes of Haku. So much easier than hoping for Shadow Souls to spawn.

hehe I was hoping to Shadow Soul to appear to clear that quest from Shikimi and hopefully pick up some good loot lol

I got a Golden Skull... but it was during Yamato's Training so... lol

Abylim

hehe I was hoping to Shadow Soul to appear to clear that quest from Shikimi and hopefully pick up some good loot lol

I got a Golden Skull... but it was during Yamato's Training so... lol

Killing the shadow souls in the training mission counts toward the quest, iirc.

wilflare

is there such a thing as a shadow Drumble? I saw one in the other dimension but did not manage to kill it ><

hope it isn't rare or something

EDIT: damn it's the Umbrapod T_T was running low on energyu

swnny

You're going to want to get at least somewhere decent in the story due to quests to expand inventory and the like. The final materials chest quest doesn't appear until you reach the final story mode chapter. I'm starting to close in on my 500 limit and just need this damned Flameice dragon to drop for max -.-

I'm only in Phase 7 MP but a number of people here appear to be in 8-9+

Edit: Oh, also there are some valuable features like Mitama levels and the Forge that will require you beat Chapter 5 in story mode, too. I don't think MP phases unlock those either(someone who's focused more on MP than story mode could clarify though)

I've just been rushing through the phases right now primarily through Single Player mode to catch up, myself x.x Just doing enough missions to unlock each phase(until now where I'm stuck repeating this one mission trying to max my storage lol).

I would recommend doing the first couple of chapters in the single player before venturing online. Will give you a good approach to some of the bosses. But you can go online anytime you feel like it, always lobbies with people in the first couple of phases.

Alrighty, so I'll go with some single player phases/chapters before jumping into the online mode. I wasn't aware that there are specific quests for unlocking stuff live inventory spaces and mitamas.

Also, another question - are there any trophies I've missed when I imported my demo saves? And if so - how to obtain them?

Scher

Alrighty, so I'll go with some single player phases/chapters before jumping into the online mode. I wasn't aware that there are specific quests for unlocking stuff live inventory spaces and mitamas.

Also, another question - are there any trophies I've missed when I imported my demo saves? And if so - how to obtain them?

The only trophy you've possibly missed is the trophy for clearing chapter 1. That trophy can be unlocked by simply redoing the last mission of chapter 1.

El_Pistolerio

Neo Member
So I know numbing breastplate comes from an astrapryex or whatever according to the item search, but is it only obtainable in Ch6+ missions?

Top Bottom