• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 on Xbox One X Features Impressive Leap over PS4Pro

https://youtu.be/OXJwdlSwPsE

"Xbox One X is the best place to play this game, as far as console goes."

"Xbox One X 2160p with better image quality and graphic parameters"

"PS4 Pro 1440p"

Is this true? Even though Sony PlayStation has paid marketing rights for Star Wars Battlefront 2 , Xbox One X gets the better version?

Segaswirl

It's true, X version contains 2.25x the pixels I believe.

It's pretty much how I expect it's going to be for Sony marketed 3rd party games for the rest of the generation. I'm particularly looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2.

Blood Borne

"PS4 Pro 1440p"

Is this true? Even though Sony PlayStation has paid marketing rights for Star Wars Battlefront 2 , Xbox One X gets the better version?
marketing rights (eww, hate the name and practice) doesn't mean better version.

Even when MS had it with CoD, PS4 still had the better version

"PS4 Pro 1440p"

Of course, EA won't just make one version worse than it could be because of marketing deals.

Fact is the X is more powerful than the Pro so why wouldn't it be better? EA DICE/Critereon aren't going to want to look like incompetent developers.

Blood Borne

It's true, X version contains 2.25x the pixels I believe.

It's pretty much how I expect it's going to be for Sony marketed 3rd party games for the rest of the generation. I'm particularly looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2.

RDR2 willprobably be no different from the current games.

amdb00mer

I gotta say it does look and run fantastic on the X. However, it has about a 4 to 5-hour campaign and with the MP progression system being unbalanced and a grind fest to boot, just not sure it's worth buying. I think I will wait and see what it goes for on Black Friday. If I can get it for $30 I might pick it up, otherwise, it will be a rental for me.

phil_t98

#SonyToo

so because they paid to market the game that means they should have the better version? in that case don't compare the pro to the pc either then

"PS4 Pro 1440p"

Why shouldn't the X have the better version?

amdb00mer

"PS4 Pro 1440p"

All the marketing rights do for them is gives them advertising rights and some exclusive DLC. If they were to start trying to force parity on graphics Xbox owners would have a fit. A lot of people tried to say this was done at the beginning of the is gen with some multiplats, but that was not true. For games like Destiny 1 and Diablo 3, MS sent engineers to Bungie and Blizzard to get those games running at 1080p. Even with that, the PS4 version of those games did still have some subtle differences/advantages.

"PS4 Pro 1440p"

It's an objectively more powerful console. Why wouldn't it?

This game looks great and runs even better.

I have a mid range i7 cpu and a 1070ti graphics card, a couple nights ago my roommate and I compared the X and PC versions on my monitor and it was very impressive how sharp it looked

At 1440p with everything maxed out on PC, the X provides competitive image quality. I haven’t tried it on Pro as PS4 doesn’t have EA Access and I’m not buying the game

If you only care about single player I would rent it. Campaign is short and dull (well, mostly” but does have some “hell yes Star Wars!” moments

Wow the newer console that costs more money is better. This will be the norm until PS5 launches.

But what if Nextbox launches at the same time???

WrKPhfd.gif

solis74

"PS4 Pro 1440p"

yes it is.

Not so impressive on the performance front though :)

There was already a thread on this btw.

You can taste the massive salt, it's incredible.

We go entire gens where games sometimes don't even run a stable 30fps and more often then not never hit 60fps; where the most graphically intensive games drop frames and every DF video shows this (I'm speaking about consoles obviously); where even all those big name Sony exclusives drop frames and its rare to see a stable fps unless locked at 30 and not too amszing graphically (Destiny), but having 2.5times the graphical prowess/pixel count than PS4Pro is "not so impressive" because sometimes the frame rate drops 1FPS from 60>59?

Gonna be a long, hard 3 years for certain people, that's for sure.

Unknown?

We go entire gens where games sometimes don't even run a stable 30fps and more often then not never hit 60fps; where the most graphically intensive games drop frames and every DF video shows this (I'm speaking about consoles obviously); where even all those big name Sony exclusives drop frames and its rare to see a stable fps unless locked at 30 and not too amszing graphically (Destiny), but having 2.5times the graphical prowess/pixel count than PS4Pro is "not so impressive" because sometimes the frame rate drops 1FPS from 60>59?

You must have missed the Pro launch when people were shitting on it when it dropped a couple frames compared to the standard. This is not new. People are simply critical of the most powerful systems.

Alx

Then X owners will feel cheated. Premium console that is as expensive as the next version only good for two years? Unless Sony waits so MS can’t get the upper hand again.

There's no reason to feel cheated as long as they keep the compatibility. Just like people who bought the original Xbox One in 2013 don't feel cheated because of the X release, since games are still releasing for both. That's the whole point of the "no generation" system, each console can last longer than the duration of an iteration.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
You must have missed the Pro launch when people were shitting on it when it dropped a couple frames compared to the standard. This is not new. People are simply critical of the most powerful systems.

bit different here tho as the X hits near 4k and is mostly except for the odd dip of 1-2 fps which will probably get patched. its very powerful machine compared to the pro. the pro is an excellent machine also I may add

Except this never happened, you're just creating revisionist history because you felt threatened at the time and especially do now, being you're NeoMetallix and all.

There was never a 1 FPS difference people were harping about. There was no massive shitting on the Pro and alot of the criticism that came out because of it was actually from Sony fans wondering why Sony just didn't wait to release the thing with better specs because base model PS4 was fine in its position; the PS4 pro was obviously rushed for PSVR, and whether that's a good or bad thing is another story.

mad597

Banned

"PS4 Pro 1440p"

Yes its true, X1X is exceeding everyones expectations in the power gap between it and the PSpro. Every DF face off is dramatically in favor of X1X and quite often the Xbox is pushing twice the native pixels and has other graphic effects increase AND higher assett textures.

For BF2 it is most definitely the best console version.

specdot

Was looking forward to your post. Can always count on you to point out those Xbox haters.

mad597

Banned
Unless nextbox is more powerful or the same power as PS5.

MS would be better off just waiting 6-12 months after the PS5 andaunching another hardware beast that trounces the sony console. The X1X is good enough to hamg with thr PS5 for a little while.

mad597

Banned
Not so impressive on the performance front though :)

There was already a thread on this btw.

Yea where people were flinging shit over 1-2 fps drops every once in a blue moon. The performance is fine sony fanboys just needed something to over blow to make themselves feel better.

this thread will go into meltdown like the last one

great game tho

Game does not seem very great tho. Shallow and short SP campaign that is tacked on and MP with horrible progression thanks to the P2W system in place, still.

It's a clusterfuck of everything wrong in AAA gaming.

mad597

Banned

Yep and pretty ironic since the only console franchise that consistently hits 60fps with zero drops no matter what is the mainline Forza series. Sony fans dont even know what a 60fps game with zero drops even looks like but now it is a big deal?

mad597

Banned
Then X owners will feel cheated. Premium console that is as expensive as the next version only good for two years? Unless Sony waits so MS can’t get the upper hand again.

Wonder how cheated pro users feel? They barely got a year being most powerful before X1X stomped all over it.

Sweep14

Winder how cheated pro isers feel? They barely got a year being most powerful becore X1X stomped all over it.

As a Pro owner, I would have feel cheated if the price of both systems were similar. I appreciated the enhancements that came with the machine last year. Also as a former original PS4 owner, I "enjoyed" (personal reflection : There's nearly nothing to enjoy with power. It's all about the games you want to play...) 4 years of having the most powerful console.

Malcolm9

Wonder how cheated pro users feel? They barely got a year being most powerful before X1X stomped all over it.

You do realise comments like yours will get the thread closed if you carry on. Nothing wrong with having a discussion, but you go way over the line.

You don't have to prove anything, anyone with common sense knows the power of the X compared to the Pro, but as always the Pro version is still decent anyway so it's not really a big deal for most.

Top Bottom