• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman |OT| The World is Ready for You, Gal Gad [SPOILERS]

3N16MA

Banned
Sdj3TO7.jpg

fvYWgWd.png

Credit to Kenzodielocke for the OT title

3N16MA

Banned
It's almost here (out in a week or less in a bunch of countries). This is the spoiler thread so those who have seen it can have at it.

Looking at the run time in the OP the movie certainly did not feel that way. I really enjoyed it and I actually think WW was actually the best part of her movie.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
What is with OTs being Spoiler territory from the get-go now? What happened to spoiler threads/giving a grace period before unmarked spoilers appear?

Looking at the run time in the OP the movie certainly did not feel that way. I really enjoyed it and I actually think WW was actually the best part of her movie.

I wouldn't have minded it to be a touch longer to give extra time on Themyscira. Probably would've hurt the pacing but I really enjoyed those moments

Just came back from it tonight. Working on the review. Overall I'm rather positive on it. Gal Gadot as WW works really really well.

Sean C

I'm a week from being able to see this, but I'm glad it's received a positive response.

I read a lot of Wonder Woman comics over the years, and recently bought the second Omnibus edition of George Perez's storied run from 1987-1992, which collects 20 issues never previously collected even in trade paperback format (I'm sure its release was occasioned by the film, seeing as what is now Omnibus Volume 1 didn't even have a number when it was first released, hardly a sign they were expecting there to be more).

Diana has really, really needed a good film version for a long time. It's been 40 years since she had a live-action version (and the Lynda Carter show is basically the equivalent of the Adam West Batman), and even Bruce Timm and co. struggled with adapting the character in the old DCAU cartoons (every time the show centered a story on her mythos it fell flat, and you could tell they'd rather be doing anything else, except for the episode with Circe, which Diana herself wasn't really in).

shira

I got a chuckle out of it so I used it.

I honestly don't put too much thought into it. A Mod could change it to whatever and I would be fine with it.

I've tried to play with OT as part of a title. Usually a mod changes it

3N16MA

Banned
What is with OTs being Spoiler territory from the get-go now? What happened to spoiler threads/giving a grace period before unmarked spoilers appear?

Too many review threads, impressions, early impressions, trailer threads and the official thread in community. Any of those could be used for spoiler tagged discussion.

Spoiler tagged reviews are already in the early impressions thread. Kind of seemed redundant.

oneils

Huh? Where are the spoilers? I'm not seeing any.

EDIT: NVM, I get what you are saying now. The thread is open to spoilers. Gotcha. From my side, its kind of a relief. I prefer it this way. But sorry for misunderstanding.

Quick

Banned
Nice thread 3N16MA. And ooooh spoiler thread too.

Wish I was able to jump in on the early screening today, but waiting another week isn't the worst.

3N16MA

Banned
I feel a thread title change is imminent. Three mods commenting on it can't be a good thing.

We barely knew you, Gal Gad.

- J - D -

Just got back from the early screening event. I enjoyed it, despite some caveats. Anyone worried about Gal not being able to carry the film shouldn't be. She handles the material very well. I'd say more, but not until the awful thread title is changed.

3N16MA

Banned
Why spoilers? The movie isnt even out yet, dont spoil shit in the OT thread before stuff comes out!

For those who don't want to be spoiled just simply avoid this thread until you have seen it. I will be out of here soon.

There is already an early impressions thread with plenty of discussion, an embargo thread with more discussion, and the DCEU thread in community which has ongoing discussions about all DCEU films. I'm sure there will be a review thread in a few days which will again have more spoiler tagged reviews. Non spoiler OTs usally die and the spoiler OT is the only one that sticks around for awhile.

Some members have already seen the film and they can openly discuss it here. Seems redundant to have another thread when there are several covering discussion outside of spoilers.

Thanos is in this.

Listen to, Quick. He knows. I actually went with just a spoiler thread based on your threads that did the same. Seems like it makes more sense.

Quick

Banned
Listen to, Quick. He knows. I actually went with just a spoiler thread based on your threads that did the same. Seems like it makes more sense.

Toa TAK is the man (or monster) that convinced me to do it. I do agree that it makes sense, and makes things simple.

munchie64

Yeah, I thought this was the norm. Because some people like to read spoiler free impressions and ask some questions about the movie before going in.
The review and community threads work fine for that. Obviously it would be different for smaller movies but big movie OTs are essentially worthless a week into it.

Caught the early screening. I enjoyed, easily the best of the DCEU entries thus far. Action sequences were great, loved seeing Diana turn it loose.

Few things fell flat for me though. None of the humor really landed at all. I felt the Ares reveal basically came out of nowhere, because they wanted to have a twist in there. And this may just be a personal quibble, but I felt that Trevor's sacrifice was way too reminiscent of Cap's "sacrifice" in The First Avenger.

There was enough there to get me interested in seeing again in IMAX on opening night. I think the Themiscyra sequences in particular will look stunning. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for DC.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Yeah, the humor, while it helped make the tone a bit lighter and not so grimdark like BvS, wasn't all that funny. It gives you some good chuckles now and then but it's not MCU funny. The "I'm both scared and aroused" line got me and the rest of the theater the hardest, though.

Top Bottom