• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones - Season 2 - George RR Martin's Song of Ice and Fire - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last year it was Lena Headey and this year it's Emilia Clarke. Who will be next year?

Headey's always been a better actress than Clarke.

Clarke hasn't been given a lot to work with, but she's been very one-note. Almost the same situation as Headey last year, but because going from bad>good is better than good>bad, Clarke feels like she's regressing.

Speevy

Banned
I would respect her if she broke into song.

"I am the mother of dragons, all of my dreams come true...
I walked through the fire, and am filled with desire
to take the throne from you!"

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Badass.
NoRéN;37710524 said:
The more I watch this show, the more I realize khaleesi has the face of a boy. Not good, man.
Get out.

Disney edition Game of Thrones?

bengraven

BTW, again, thanks for the work you do here Cornballer.

q8zCb.jpg

FStop7

Banned
Dinklage gets first billing in the opening credits and is now on the cover of Rolling Stone.

I love it.

I started watching the series before I had read the books. So going in I had no idea what Tyrion's character actually was.

When the first scene was him cavorting with hookers, I rolled my eyes so hard. I thought this was going to be yet another case of actors with dwarfism being used for comic relief. Another Mini Me. It really put me off. Needless to say, once I got into the books and the show progressed, I was really glad to see Tyrion was an actual character with a personality and depth, and not just a glorified court jester meant to break up the serious stuff with bawdy antics.

Majmun

Loooooved the last episode. And as a book reader, I accept all of the changes so far. It keeps the ASOIAF universe a bit fresh.

Only four more eps to go. I don't want this season to end :(

Snake

How come we didn't get one of those wic.net curtain calls for Ser Rodrik? He didn't get quite as much screentime, but he deserved it. :*(

Headey's always been a better actress than Clarke.

Clarke hasn't been given a lot to work with, but she's been very one-note. Almost the same situation as Headey last year, but because going from bad>good is better than good>bad, Clarke feels like she's regressing.

Clarke delivers this line perfectly in S2.

"Viserys didn't know anything about dragons. He didn't know anything about anything."

She generally sounds too much like she's trying to make a speech too often, but whatever.

I've never hated Headey. She hasn't been impressive by any stretch, but given that Cersei is a vulnerable character who does her best to hide it, Headey works okay.

Zabka

Dany's an inexperienced young girl with nothing but her dragons and her bloodline who is acting tough to try to hide how weak her position is. I think Clarke's doing a fine job.

UraMallas

My problem with s2 so far is that the hot women are not showing their tits now. And the Osha chick is hotter than Margaret Tyrell? Wha? Very disappointed. I want my refund on Margaret Tyrell.

I want a refund on this post. It's hurting my head.

Majmun

I'm not annoyed by Emlila's acting. Dany is desperate and angry. I would be too in her position.

Emilia does a fine job imo.

TheExodu5

Banned
I think Headey's been fantastic this season.

I still say Maisie Williams is the best of the bunch, even if people think it's just because she's a fan favorite. She just seems genuine as hell in her acting.

apana

Petyr is fantastic when he is not doing his strange accents and Conleth Hill as Varys is beyond brilliant. I love it whenever he is on screen. The supporting cast has been amazing on this show. Maester Luwin, Tywin, Varys, Pycelle, and I could go on and on listing names. They really take the show to the next level. Even Rickon has been good lol. Ros was good last season but the producers way overdid it this time.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
article said:
"HBO co-president Eric Kessler has said he thinks the move away from traditional television to an internet-based model is just a fad that will pass – a temporary phenomenon."
No, no! Bad HBO! Bad! The only way I'm able to watch your shows legitimately (besides waiting for Blu-rays) nowadays is by going to a friend's house who is using his aunt's account on HBO GO on his XBOX 360. He doesn't have cable/dish and I just had to tell DirecTV I was quitting (and I legitimately was, it wasn't an empty threat) to get unfucked from their price-gouging.

Majmun

Yes, Varys is my favorite this season so far. His presence is kept at a minimum, but he steals the show whenever he's on screen. His play is terrific.

Followed by Catelyn. I love her this season.

Not feeling littlefinger this time around...

And I actually like Jorah more in the show.

Seriously, dude. I NEED MORE JORAH

Although his showdown with the blood rider at Drogo's last camp was much more brutal and badass in the book.

"HORSELORD! Try me."

I don't remember him saying that in the show, but it's been awhile.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Nah he didn't say that in the show. He has more of a quiet confidence in the show. The only one-liner he's thrown in the show was when Visaerys tried to Debo the eggs and Jorah said ""Yet here I stand" (variation of the House Mormont words in case you've forgotten).

McNei1y

Jorah is awesome. I want more of him. I agree with everyone else though. The supporting cast has been brilliant. I think Theon, Arya, and Tyrion may be the best this year.

The only one-liner he's thrown in the show was when Visaerys tried to Debo the eggs and Jorah said ""Yet here I stand" (variation of the House Mormont words in case you've forgotten).

Ah, very cool, I didn't make that connection! He's such a badass.

Also, reading Book 2 now, I'm really confused why people would expect Asha to be hot. It's her wit and wry smile that Theon is attracted to.

A Clash of Kings said:
Ironborn, he knew at a glance; lean and long-legged, with black hair cut short, wind-chafed skin, strong sure hands, a dirk at her belt. Her nose was too big and too sharp for her thin face, but her smile made up for it. He judged her a few years older than he was, but no more than five-and-twenty. She moved as if she were used to a deck beneath her feet.

Lean girl with dry skin, a big, sharp nose, small breasts, and an attractive smile. I was expecting a description of her as fair or pretty or something based on GAF's reaction, but it doesn't even come close
lol.gif

I think the current actress does a fine job. She's has a little more weight (I think she just has a very round face), and she loses some of the playful wit she showed in her first appearance, but hopefully that will come back.

No, no! Bad HBO! Bad! The only way I'm able to watch your shows legitimately (besides waiting for Blu-rays) nowadays is by going to a friend's house who is using his aunt's account on HBO GO on his XBOX 360. He doesn't have cable/dish and I just had to tell DirecTV I was quitting (and I legitimately was, it wasn't an empty threat) to get unfucked from their price-gouging.

I don't have to pirate the show because I am using my mom's HBO GO account on my Xbox, while I'd gladly pay for HBO without cable if I could.

At least they let us buy the home video releases without a cable subscription :p

Pecan1

Banned
I think its hard to say any actor is killing it more than Theon. The baptism/Pyke scenes were awesome and then this week the Winterfell stuff was some of the best this season. Viserys was great last season kinda feel that he was/is under rated.
Really crazy that Dinklege is on the cover of RS I mean in the last month seems like there would have been some pretty serious compettion for that cover

Asha was a warrior who was implied to be skilled with a knife. I imagined he wiry and agile. Show Asha doesn't really fit that, but I'm cool with the actress.

SmZA

gtfo, Downton Abbey is amazing! Well, S1 is. S2 is more soap opera-ish but I still liked it

To be fair, it was S2 that pissed me off. S1 was pretty good, nothing amazing and a few missteps, but I've rarely seen a show go downhill as fast as Downton did in S2.

ronito

about Game of Thrones being the most pirated show....dunno about that, it depends largely on your definition of "pirated".

I pay for HBO, I subscribe specifically for this show.
I've paid for it. I'll download them instead of pulling it off my DVR just because it's easier.
Does that make me a pirate? I already paid for them, and it's not like I'm pulling the DVD stuff (which I'll buy anyway) just the DVR stuff, which I already have. If you remove people like me from that "pirate" pool, which I'd argue you should, I'm sure it'll still be the most pirated show of 2012 but not by so much.

Talon

about Game of Thrones being the most pirated show....dunno about that, it depends largely on your definition of "pirated".

I pay for HBO, I subscribe specifically for this show.
I've paid for it. I'll download them instead of pulling it off my DVR just because it's easier.
Does that make me a pirate? I already paid for them, and it's not like I'm pulling the DVD stuff (which I'll buy anyway) just the DVR stuff, which I already have. If you remove people like me from that "pirate" pool, which I'd argue you should, I'm sure it'll still be the most pirated show of 2012 but not by so much.
Yes, you're pirating it.

Media isn't "owned," per say. Your access to content /= you own the content.

Even if you had bought a copy of the season (if it were available) on iTunes, you only have bought a license for it.

Yep, very foolish. Netflix is a phenomenal success, HBO not allowing people to directly subscribe to HBO GO is just flushing money down the toilet.

Petyr is fantastic when he is not doing his strange accents and Conleth Hill as Varys is beyond brilliant. I love it whenever he is on screen. The supporting cast has been amazing on this show. Maester Luwin, Tywin, Varys, Pycelle, and I could go on and on listing names. They really take the show to the next level. Even Rickon has been good lol. Ros was good last season but the producers way overdid it this time.

Varys seems to be more impressive in the show than the books since he isn't a POV character. Love this scene between him and Ned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmVos4TDLSA

I think its hard to say any actor is killing it more than Theon. The baptism/Pyke scenes were awesome and then this week the Winterfell stuff was some of the best this season. Viserys was great last season kinda feel that he was/is under rated.
Really crazy that Dinklege is on the cover of RS I mean in the last month seems like there would have been some pretty serious compettion for that cover

Theon has such a large arc in CoK, but I didn't really care for him. Alfie Allen definitely helped bring out alot of his character in the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom