• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gamers Assemble, Let's Demand PC Ports From Sega!

Grief.exe

Update: Petition is Live

PC Gamers Assemble!

newsteam-assemble-gif.gif

Let's come together as a community and show Sega that the demand for Bayo, Vanquish, VF5, Valkyria Chronicles, and more is there.

Petition
GAF Thread
Retweet to spread the word

lebv9d2.jpg

Lets get this started! This twitter account is official and responds to users.

@SEGA Release [Insert games you want here] on PC! #SegaPCPorts

u3ElSap.png

https://twitter.com/Grief_exe/status/416998167909900289

I cannot find a reason for any of these titles to not be on the platform.

Bayonetta - There is a dearth of character action games available right now and Rising, a Platinum game in a similar vein to Bayonetta, was the top seller for 48 hours during the Steam sale on its debut.
Vanquish - 120 FPS, do I need say more?
Valkyria Chronicles - Strategy RPGs are the platform's bread and butter
Resonance of Fate - The FFVII and FFVIII releases on Steam have sold quite well despite not being the best of ports and so late. The battle system for this game seems well-suited for higher frame rates.

Feel free to request other Sega games as well, there are plenty of contenders so pick your favorites!

Yakuza series
Shenmue 1/2
JSRF
Skies of Arcadia
Otogi 1/2
Panzer Dragoon Orta

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I Retweeted but alas, this isn't going to get very far most likely.

Still, you never know.

There is no way in hell we're getting any of the Platinum titles or Yakuza, but I can see us maybe getting some of their Legacy titles like Skies of Arcadia or JSRF.

denx

I have an old twitter account that I never use. As soon as I find the password I'll join your petition!

Radio

For those without twitter:

SEGA of America, Inc.
350 Rhode Island Street
Suite 400
San Francisco, CA 94103

SEGA Europe, Ltd.
27 Great West Road
Brentford
Middlesex
TW8 9BW

SEGA Corporate
Canal Side Building
1-39-9, Higashi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku
Tokyo, 140-8583
Japan

Those are mailing addresses. I'm not sure what you do with them exactly, but people used to use them for something.

Colin.

I have requested some Valkyria Chronicles, and Megami Tensei. PC is still very much an untapped market for these type of Japanese games, I think it could a profitable venture for Sega.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Holy crap, I'm drooling at VC for PC. How have I never thought about it before? The game would work perfectly on KBM.

collige

Banned
There is no way in hell we're getting any of the Platinum titles or Yakuza, but I can see us maybe getting some of their Legacy titles like Skies of Arcadia or JSRF.

Why not? We're already getting one Platinum game next month. Yakuza I highly doubt though, seeing as they're not even releasing the new ones on consoles any more.

Dario ff

Banned
You missed the most important one.
http://i.imgur.com/V5cAc8L.png
Please no. But you never know from them since we got a japanese re-release of Shadow the Hedgehog on PS3 for no reason.

Platinum Games sounds the most likely studio to do any of their titles given their recent experience with porting MGR PC, new sales data available for this genre (DmC for Capcom, MGR Pre-orders for Konami), and could even take the chance to do the requested Wii U port of the first Bayonetta as well at the same time.

An-Det

Wario64 just tweeted the thread, seems a good start. I just tweeted at Sega as well, I'd love to see this happen. However, I feel that the best chance for any of this happening is this public messaging of Sega plus strong sales of PC Revengeance, and Sega seeing both of these and then hopefully consider funding ports of Platinum's older games. The other games will be a tougher sell.

I'm not being against anything. And I think the idea is great since I've become sort of a PC gamer.

But according to some recent posts I've seen here on NeoGAF, it sounds like port begging isn't allowed. Doesn't this qualify as port begging? I wish the rules were a little more clear. I had read the rules completely and didn't know that scans weren't allowed. And I'm sure there are many rules I don't yet understand.

Anyway, I really hope that all the more SEGA games come to the PC. SEGA has become a really good in terms of a Japanese company in supporting the PC. I only wish they would localize more of their games. I'd really like the Valkyria Chronicles games on Steam. And I've bought almost every single one of their games that's been available on Steam.

Since they have Atlus now, I'd really like to see the Shin Megami Tensei, Persona, and Etrian Odysessy games on Steam. As well as the Puyo Puyo, Shining, Sakura Wars, Valkyria Chronicles and recent Phantasy Star games.

Tizoc

Just a note that there's a PC compilation of the Sakura Wars games released in Japan only.
Localize dat ish, SEGA pls.

Tain

In all seriousness, if any of these were to somehow happen, prepare for and please understand framerate caps.

I don't think it's reasonable for any of these ports to have resolution caps, but it's very likely that a lot of these games have game logic tied to framerate and it could take significant reworking to get around that. In these situations I'm usually disappointed but understanding.

Grief.exe

Why not? We're already getting one Platinum game next month. Yakuza I highly doubt though, seeing as they're not even releasing the new ones on consoles any more.

What Platinum game? You're not talking about Metal Gear are you? That was published by Konami, so it's a completely different story. Given that Sega is done with Platinum, I doubt we'll see ports of their games.

But hey, I'd love to be wrong in this case.

Grief.exe

would buy bayonetta or virtua fighter ports in an instant

well i'd really probably buy anything to be honest

Sega has so many delicious games.

Capcom, Konami, and Square Enix have some games I would like to see as well, but I gotta give the nod to Sega for having the most desired library.

We will turn our focus to the other three when this campaign is finished. The Eye of Mordor needs to focus on one target at a time.

Arsenic13

Jet Set Radio Future and a Shenmue HD Collection (across consoles and PC) would make them some money and show that people enjoy those brands.

Top Bottom