• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Green plays Dark Souls III...STAMINA GREEN

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg

https://www.twitch.tv/greenspeak

Here we are again, welcoming the one and only Jeff Green back into our hearts, for another romp through the treacherous hellscape that is a new Dark Souls game... in the unique way that only he can manage to pull off. Who is Jeff Green, you might be asking? He's built a long career out of gaming that began with his work as editor in chief at Computer Gaming World in the 90's, and continued with a legendary podcast for the magazine once it rebranded as Games For Windows Magazine, GFW Radio (The Brodeo). He worked in the development side of the industry for many years after, and now holds a consultant job. In his free time, he has some of the most entertaining Twitch streams you'll ever see, usually involving From Software's games. He may not be the best, but he's got heart, dagnabbit.

Follow him on Twitter to find out when it's time for the next stream, his schedule is posted on his Twitch page too, but it's subject to change.

PREVIOUS STREAM THREADS

Jeff Green plays Bloodborne - Bring out the Gimp!

Jeff Green plays Dark Souls II -The Real Black Dragon Starts Here!

Black Dragon Plays Dark Souls

8XWoYIJ.gif

JustinBB7

Subbed and hyped. Getting to really fun places in Dark Souls 3 myself now, can't wait for Jeff to get there in a year or 2.

JustinBB7

Wanna follow this, but i just started the game.
Gotta go fast.

He played for 2 hours and some change. He hasn't reached second boss yet. And his next stream is tomorrow. So, plenty of time.

I was worried about this too, but I'm already 7 bosses in, and Jeff doesn't stream every day anyway. Should be easy to stay ahead of him.

Hupsel

I will have to start Dark Souls 3 today and play a few hours so I can stay a little bit ahead of him!

Oh, and here´s the Stamina Green Bingo card I made for the first stream haha. I forgot some things like "Shaaa" and "Gets killed by off screen enemy" :/

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Thanks Mr Shy! Always on point.

Ogawa-san

Oh boy Jeff is streaaaaand DS3 just crashed on him.

I guess I'm really lucky that I went through the game with no crashes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Does he upload these on Youtube?

I love watching these. I love to see different approaches to these games, from speed run naked runs, to super cautious methodical turtles. Jeff has a style all his own.

Does he upload these on Youtube?

I believe Jeff personally never uploaded himself and there is now an issue stopping the person that used to do so doing it easily.

The videos are still saved on Twitch for at least two months, so it is not all bad. Hopefully all issues are sorted before Twitch deletes their archives.

repeater

I believe Jeff personally never uploaded himself and there is now an issue stopping the person that used to do so doing it easily.

The videos are still saved on Twitch for at least two months, so it is not all bad. Hopefully all issues are sorted before Twitch deletes their archives.
I think johncabooze said in the Bloodborne thread that he marks all the streams as "Highlights", and Highlights are saved indefinitely. Is this incorrect? I am seriously worried about old Jeff streams disappearing from the internet, it would be a damn shame. :/

mattiewheels

Maybe there's some overlap in fans here, but Idle Thumbs just started streaming DS3 and its funny so far:

www.twitch.tv/idlethumbs

I think johncabooze said in the Bloodborne thread that he marks all the streams as "Highlights", and Highlights are saved indefinitely. Is this incorrect? I am seriously worried about old Jeff streams disappearing from the internet, it would be a damn shame. :/

Oh yeah, I never checked that tab...

https://www.twitch.tv/greenspeak/profile/highlights

A whole bunch of stuff is there. I guess that really helps... however I am still not a fan of archival of this solely in the hands of Twitch. Any day they could come along and decide they dont like that many highlights on a single account and it would be gone forever.

The only option I see available to download Twitch videos is Twitchdown (you can see Jeff's videos here), although that only lets people download in 15 minute chunks. If Youtube archives are impossible going forward I will start grabbing the videos that way to keep them safe and someday upload them somewhere if Twitch chooses the nuclear option.

repeater

Jeff Green ‏@Greenspeak 28s29 seconds ago
What better way to finish off your Sunday than watching an old man fail at Dark Souls 3? Livestream to commence at 4pm Pacific!

God I hope Jeff can show me some pro strats to beat
Vordt
because I am getting my ass handed to me. Must be approaching 20 tries now.

I guess that means in 30 minutes?

It does not matter anyway, I will just load up his Twitch page in a seprate tabe until I hear him start talking to himself, then I will know it is time for Dark Souls!!

Top Bottom