• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gundam Versus |OT| The World, Western release out now!

​
qsaUACI.gif

CTMZlG5.jpg

WHAT IS GUNDAM VERSUS?
Gundam Versus is the 15th iteration of the highly popular Gundam VS series in Japan, returning to consoles for a worldwide audience! With nearly 100 units to choose from (with many more from future DLC) and many changes from the previous EXVS series, Bandai Namco are looking to introduce the joy of 2v2 arena battles on the world stage!

Check out the official PV and see what it's all about!
WHY SHOULD I PLAY THIS?
brightslap.gif
Do you kinda like Virtual On, Gotcha Force, or even ARMS? Do you enjoy footsies and playing the neutral game in fighting games? Aside from mecha smacking the hell out of each other, it's an amazing competitive game that is easy to jump into yet is rather deep once you start delving into the mechanics of the game system. Although this is somewhat considered a fighting game, its nature is built around the 2 v 2 gameplay where team synergy is much more important than the individual.

On top of that, you don't need to be a combo or execution master to be decent at this game. It can still be enjoyed by those who are looking for a single-player experience through the Ultimate Battle and Trial modes, but the meat of the game revolves around the core 2v2 experience (now with 1v1 and 3v3, heh).​
Wait... so Bandai Namco is actually localizing this game? :O
70gj5pS.gif
After years of salty importer tears, Bandai Namco are finally bringing it westward on September 29 in North America! It probably won't have the same vocal tracks as the Japanese version, but it will have several non-vocal memorable Gundam tracks you've grown to love.

And will there be region locking of servers? Nope!

Also, Bandai Namco is holding an official tournament at EVO this year!

1cEgs0il.png
Do I need to know Japanese to know how to play?
Nope. The game is very playable without the knowledge of any Japanese. The main screen is generally in English anyway and people will begin to translate the more nuanced bits as the game comes out. Aside from that, it's not that hard to navigate through the menus.

Or you can wait until September 29th as well. :)

Now that we've got that out of the way...
tumblr_niwoopbaYH1sdhuzuo1_500.gif
Set your GP base and let's Gundam Battle!

O7CNHIP.jpg

o5Rxgn8.jpg

FBb6s0E.jpg

xjF57wy.jpg

LewDjy9.jpg

bTBty3B.jpg

BEBe3lc.gif

qjKoIB1.jpg

5zowhcV.jpg

5iZxuds.jpg

See you out in the battlefield!

For those of you new to the series, it might feel a bit like this initially...

e4c.gif

But we have your back here at Gundam GAF!

ranmafan

Good job on the OT! Looking forward to playing this tomorrow and being destroyed online at every match. But I love this series so it's still fun even when I'm not that great. Can't wait to play.

sensui-tomo

cant wait for this to come to the usa, subscribed
Also you finally retired the Heero laughing image for this OT, i'm glad to see it gone.

I thought Bandai Namco said NA/EU would be getting the same music as the regular Japanese release? I swear I read that somewhere.

Stellar OT! I'm waiting for the US release so it'll be a while for me, but I'm excited to see gameplay and the discussions in here in the meanwhile.

Lren

Awesome OT! Incredibly tempted to import either digitially or physically cause September is gonna be swamped. So pumped regardless!

Awesome Gundam OT as always, donkey! Wish I could import this, Full Boost is one of my favorite games and I love the Versus series a ton. I'm glad to support the localized release, I want to see more of this series over here. See you guys in September :) :(

B00TE

Amazing looking OT! Probably gonna wait for Sept 29th myself, but eager to see all the gameplay come out if ya'll end up streaming stuff!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Now this is what I call a great OT. Fantastic work visually and information wise as always donkey show

It wont get the anime vocal music which has its own package in japan, Blame licensing issues.
That means no " ANIME JA NAI"
tumblr_ngsb3drKQm1qd3az2o1_1280.png

That's what I figured, I wasn't interested in the anisong version anyway. As long as I get the regular version music I'm ok with not importing and waiting until September.

Still feels weird not importing a Gundam game cause we're actually getting it here.

Great OT again donkey. I'm waiting on the NA release this time around since it's not so far off, but I'm looking forward to GAF rooms again.

sensui-tomo

That's what I figured, I wasn't interested in the anisong version anyway. As long as I get the regular version music I'm ok with not importing and waiting until September.

Still feels weird not importing a Gundam game cause we're actually getting it here.

well we did get a gundam game here... on the vita which was doomed to fail like it did for the obvious NO ONLINE it had.

Danneee

Awesome OP!
I haven't really played anything on the series since Federation vs Zeon on Dreamcast (I've bought a couple though) but this I'm hyped for!

JKTrix

When you work from home to play during your lunch break but your job calls you 5 minutes before your lunch break D:

Apharmd

Is Virtue available to play now for preorders? My download from PSN only includes Barbatos Lupus and Hot Scramble from the website. At work, so I can't check my PS4 sadly.

Busy trying out the new suits I'm interested in. G-Arcane is fun!

Is Virtue available to play now for preorders? My download from PSN only includes Barbatos Lupus and Hot Scramble from the website. At work, so I can't check my PS4 sadly.

Virtue is coming later in July.

And who knows how long it's gonna take play asia to send those codes.
You get it instantly after payment.

Prophane33

I know how you feel. This will be the first time I've played a Gundam game in English; It's so weird to think that I'm NOT importing a Gundam game, as long as the promise of the regular edition music remaining in the NA version is true.

koma

Wait, there's NO LOCAL MULTIPLAYER? When servers will be gone, it will not be possible to play multiplayer with friends anymore :( Gundam VS on PS3 had offline multiplayer, right?

AWESOME OT

since this is an active Gundam Versus thread, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this PC SKU on Bestbuy's website? http://www.bestbuy.com/site/gundam-...igital-download/1000008097.p?skuId=1000008097

Pretty sure no other platforms have been announced, vendor is listed as Fox for some reason?

IIRC, some SKUs are predictive and not necessarily made by the retail shop because they know for sure something is coming. When I worked at Best Buy, we'd get SKUs made for things that didn't always release or drop, for one reason or another. Also, the vendor/publisher? being Fox is really damn weird. They've been spinning it as an exclusive so I ain't getting my hopes up for shit.

Wait, there's NO LOCAL MULTIPLAYER? When servers will be gone, it will not be possible to play multiplayer with friends anymore :( Gundam VS on PS3 had offline multiplayer, right?

Yeah, it was butt, but it existed. Not so in Gundam Versus, sadly.

koma

Yeah, it was butt, but it existed. Not so in Gundam Versus, sadly.

That's sad indeed :( Well, it's still awesome to have this released in NA / Europe, maybe if it sell enough we'll see another one with local multiplayer in the future... fingers crossed.

well we did get a gundam game here... on the vita which was doomed to fail like it did for the obvious NO ONLINE it had.

I'm not a handheld gamer, so no Vita for me.

We used to get (about 50% of the) Gundam games here back in the glory days of the PS2, but it's just ingrained in me to always import.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Good shit, donkey. Now where's my Haman SS tier DLC? I didn't see it included in the G Edition; Bandai must've messed up.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Great OT, subscribed.

Been playing it since the digital version unlocked - finished the easy ultimate battle with a friend, but he got disconnected halfway through the normal playthrough, which kicked us both to menu.
Good news - we kept the levels gained during those 15 waves. Bad news - we didn't get any GP.

Playing through a few Trial Battle routes before I go to bed and it's still good old Gundam Vs.

I have no idea what exactly it is, but I feel like the game looks and plays a bit better than during the trials.

Btw., If you're curious about the purpose the grayed out "LOGIN" button in the main menu, you have to press it to get back online if you get offline.

That's sad indeed :( Well, it's still awesome to have this released in NA / Europe, maybe if it sell enough we'll see another one with local multiplayer in the future... fingers crossed.

It's probably a hardware limitation sort of thing. Or their unwillingness to scale down graphics in mp mode.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Regarding the OP, iirc you can also boost dive by moving the right stick in any direction.

Top Bottom