• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any hero that dagon is actually considered a good item on?

Seems to have the worst rep.

I've played around with it being on pugna because of decrep, I don't know if this is a laughable strat. I would think it would be a good idea if you could pick it up before 15 minutes.

ksan

I've played around with it being on pugna because of decrep, I don't know if this is a laughable strat. I would think it would be a good idea if you could pick it up before 15 minutes.

Nature's Prophet is a hero that can use it quite well, but I would rather go for other items.

vocab

Probably tinker. But not as first item. Sheep Stick + combo + dagon + Rearm. Rinse and repeat. That's if you can sustain all that mana.

JustinBB7

Anybody read this thread on the dev forums?

pickscreen01.jpg

jpg2c.jpg

jpg1wb.jpg

It's a suggestion from a user so not official.

After picking the hero you can select a lane (or jungle) while still in picking time. Also he's talking about people volunteering to buy the donkey and flying donkey during this time. Maybe even other items like wards/vlads as well.

Seems like an amazing idea.

Also 4 minutes of new taunts: http://youtu.be/xd9BC0QTTG8

Sniper..touching..his...gun..

Guesong

Yep, Insured it is.

never knew a jungling silencer existed.

and you guys are getting crunched.

edit : correction, kapura is getting crunched.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
SD is complete trash without swap, second game in a row I've ended up playing a carry when I didn't want to.

Guesong

Kapura with the biggest kill steal of the century.

QoP, Doom and Veno brittle down the AM to 100 hp, Kapura comes in with OD for the final attack.

Way to KS bro.

And that bad fight at bottom tower might be game just now. :( (edit : nvm that, AM got too manly for his own good)

Kapura

Banned
Kapura with the biggest kill steal of the century.

QoP, Doom and Veno brittle down the AM to 100 hp, Kapura comes in with OD for the final attack.

Way to KS bro.

And that bad fight at bottom tower might be game just now. :( (edit : nvm that, AM got too manly for his own good)

carry.

Still lost because i got hooked before the last fight :[

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Need to use the fact we're queueing as 5 to our advantage, rather than just picking random shit.

Swag

And by "smart" you mean WR, DS, AM, Furi, Invoker, Chen, CM, Void, Rhasta, AA, Viper, NS, Slar, Tide, SK, ES, Lich ,BH, Weaver and POTM?

WR, OD, SandK, Invoker, AA, Enchantress, Chen, SS, Veno, NP, VS, NS, SkeleK, CM, DK, Lich, AM, Void, BH, BeastM

Judging by the games we played yesterday.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Too little HP? Get a mek/bracer. Too slow? Get tranqs/phase/blink dagger. First one to die? If you got at least the stun off, you've done your job.

But you probably shouldn't be able to buy shit, because you should be buying wards with any money that you get through trickle. NO UR PLACE

Lion is a horrible wards bitch. He needs dat farm. I dont really like him as support unless he supports a broodmother.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Lion needs farm?

What's next?

Carry Lich?
WR, OD, SandK, Invoker, AA, Enchantress, Chen, SS, Veno, NP, VS, NS, SkeleK, CM, DK, Lich, AM, Void, BH, BeastM

Judging by the games we played yesterday.
I don't see enchant getting picked enough. Also who is NP?

Swag

NP is Nature's Prophet, and I got ultra Crunched in a game last night versus an AA / Void / Enchantress ( Jungle ) tri lane. Also I think Swift (??) sometimes plays Enchantress when we need a jungle solo and Milk doesn't feel like playing Chen

Low Tier
1.09's tier list:
Scumbag: Furion, Anti-mage, Broodmother, Invoker, Dark Seer, Outworld Destroyer, Chen

Try-hard: Ancient Apparition, Enchantress, Windrunner, Bounty Hunter, Weaver, Void, Vengeful Spirit, Venomancer, Night Stalker, Naix, Dragon Knight, Tidehunter, Earthshaker, Skeleton King, Shadow Shaman, Lich, Batrider

Mid-tier: Axe, Pudge, Tiny, Sand King, Slardar, Beastmaster, Clockwerk, Omniknight, Drow Ranger, Razor, Shadow Fiend, Mirana, Riki, Leshrac, Sniper, Crystal Maiden, Puck, Lion, Witch Doctor, Enigma, Queen of Pain, Pugna, Storm Spirit, Spirit Breaker, Doom Bringer, Tinker, Dazzle

Crunched-tier: Viper, Silencer, Jakiro, Death Prophet, Warlock, Lina, Necrolyte, Zeus, Ursa, Clinkz, Morphling, Juggernaut, Bloodseeker, Alchemist, Huskar, Kunkka, Sven, Spectre

Guesong

1.09's tier list:
Crunched-tier: Viper, Silencer, Jakiro, Dazzle, Death Prophet, Warlock, Lina, Necrolyte, Zeus, Ursa, Clinkz, Morphling, Juggernaut, Bloodseeker, Alchemist, Huskar, Kunkka, Sven, Spectre

Bolded ones are at least mid-tier. You even see Ursa in competitive play sometimes!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Huskar possibly, but not BS.

He is awful, just ask Milk.

Swag

Blink is hardly a lot of money, so I ask again: why would Lion need farm?
I don't think it's a matter of "need", his usefulness grows immensely with farm, to the point that it's justified to put him in a position to get it ( Sending him Middle Lane ), that's the only situation where I've seen a "Farming Lion", and even in the middle lane, it has a lot to do with him gaining levels and how that effects his usefulness as a ganker in the mid game. It's rare to see a side lane "Farming Lion", actually it's rare to see any support in that role.

Blink / Force Staff / Mekansm Lion > Wards / Counter Wards / Smoke Lion

lol kap, guess you suck at support, dying all the time

get good, then talk

I don't think it's a matter of "need", his usefulness grows immensely with farm, to the point that it's justified to put him in a position to get it ( Sending him Middle Lane ), that's the only situation where I've seen a "Farming Lion", and even in the middle lane, it has a lot to do with him gaining levels and how that effects his usefulness as a ganker in the mid game. It's rare to see a side lane "Farming Lion", actually it's rare to see any support in that role.

Blink / Force Staff / Mekansm Lion > Wards / Counter Wards / Smoke Lion

Well, sure, literally every support would benefit from getting a lot of farm early. I'm only questioning the statement, "He needs dat farm," which implies that he should have farm priority in a lane.

Also, even Force Staff and Mek are still cheap (and really easy to build in pieces, which is nice).

Gaston

So very jealous of everyone in the beta. I'm a long time LoL player, and while I do still love it and play a lot (too much... way too much..) I'd like a change of pace every now and then. DoTA 2 Beta why hath thou forsaken me.

Rinku

Banned
Oh just wanted to say that Divine Rapier is such an amazing item. Me, GreatDeceiver, Setreal, and one other gaffer were losing all of top and mid rax. I got DR on Storm Spirit, we all charged mid, had an excellent team fight and won the game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom