• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Sure

Guess i'm a glass is half-full kind of guy

Too much good here that I'm just not inclined to get caught up on the legit issues as they don't affect ME. They exist, sure, but, for whatever reason, it's not affecting me in that way...yet
I still enjoy the game, everyday, if not every other day.

Now, we'll see how things are by next month as far as yeah, a more clear roadmap, community engagement, etc.

Thats more than fair.

I wish I didnt feel the frustrations of these issues as much as I have. And even despite them, I still love the game.

Id just like to see it improve in some key areas. But there arent any other FPSes on the market aside from Overwatch that are going to get my time.

Izuna

Banned
People are satisfied playing the same damn CoD year in and year out. Even if Titanfall 2 did great with numbers, it wouldn't mean it's a great MP game. At least, I understand what I have is opinions, but at the same time all my buddies agree and really I only gave it so much time because I loved the original.

If they go in this direction again, like CoD, it won't be for me. It's a shame.

People are going to praise O.G. Titanfall as another way to snub Titanfall 2, and I understand how that's annoying, but that shouldn't have been possible.

So fucking annoying checking the OT and seeing pages of horseshit bitching about the game. No wonder the devs don't post as much and aren't as responsive.

You guys are really fucking up a good thing.

Current Titanfall 2 is definitely not in a good place. Perhaps your complaining of people's criticism is the annoying post?

There is no discussion of the issues. It's just statements like "it's not as good as 1" over and over. When someone tries to discuss of say that the comments are exaggerated, they're shot down immediately.

The current complaint is how long this CU is taking and how they still haven't told us how they are going to solve various issues people have had since day 1.

Check reddit if you wanna see people dogpile on specifics.

People are satisfied playing the same damn CoD year in and year out. Even if Titanfall 2 did great with numbers, it wouldn't mean it's a great MP game. At least, I understand what I have is opinions, but at the same time all my buddies agree and really I only gave it so much time because I loved the original.

If they go in this direction again, like CoD, it won't be for me. It's a shame.

I've played my fair share of CoDs and this STILL doesn't feel like it

Sorry you and your friends feel this way

Rayme

This thread.

Update will be soon. We don't announce dates until past cert, but that should happen soon (unless, y'know), and then we can give a date.

Nobody is thrilled with the lag since the last big patch, but this should be the most painful of the waits.

There's a lot more on the way.

If the devs need positive affirmation to motivate them to engage with their community, that speaks to a problematic mindset.
Shut up and someone tell me I'm pretty. Daddy needs to not cry in his sleep tonight.

Anybody know what default the the advanced control settings are working from? You get a message saying that these sensitivities will override the basic option on the previous page, but never specify whether the starting point is the sensitivity you set (4) or if it's the default (3)...

They're keyed off of the normal defaults. If you leave the advanced screen at its default values, it essentially matches default look speed & deadzones (all the setting that it gray's out).

This thread.

Update will be soon. We don't announce dates until past cert, but that should happen soon (unless, y'know), and then we can give a date.

Nobody is thrilled with the lag since the last big patch, but this should be the most painful of the waits.

There's a lot more on the way.

Shut up and someone tell me I'm pretty. Daddy needs to not cry in his sleep tonight.

They're keyed off of the normal defaults. If you leave the advanced screen at its default values, it essentially matches default look speed & deadzones (all the setting that it gray's out).

I think you're pretty Rayme!

Thanks for the info on the advanced control sertings.

Izuna

Banned
I get this vibe that Live Fire is gunna be huge and the delays are them not quashing bugs, but adding as many additional changes as possible <3

@Otaku

Actually, it's because this game is catering to those who are casually playing the MP or play the Campaign. The most discussion that isn't complaints with MP is SP impressions, and everytime we get someone to pop in here to talk about the Campaign or how they felt (like the DOOM OT), they're never engaged. Mostly because the other half of this thread is "pfft, don't care about SP".

So if Titanfall 2 MP focuses on continued support, then yeah, discussion on what's not perfect is it. There re a handful of really big Titanfall 2 fans that post in this thread and a couple of them are banned. Another has no reason to post the same issue. It's better to stop engaging than to say for the millionth time "Hemlok is OP". When Sentries are no longer BS, it doesn't open up the rest of the game, it just stops them from being annoying.

So the discussion on the meta is completely overridden by complaints on all sides. We have Frothy making videos about how the Double Take is actually A Triple Take. Casual plays hit the FP of /r/Titanfall, and the hundredth GameSager video of him saying THIS WEAPON IS TOO GOOD I GOT 40+ KILLS GUYS LOOK is all that's left.

~~

I mean shit, I posted a vid Swol linked me to about a tournament play by the best Ronin in a 2v2 and there was like, zero engagement.

So if you want this thread to talk about something else, come up with a subject, rather than call us toxic.

We're waiting for the update and me stating that it has to come with more than what's already announced to give a big boost in numbers is fine.

I've played my fair share of CoDs and this STILL doesn't feel like it

Sorry you and your friends feel this way

What I mean is, I don't play CoD at all. Titanfall is the only online shooter that grabbed me in nearly a decade. If we get more PvP focus in the future it'll remove the special slot that the original had and directly compete with CoD.

I haven't seen a community being so hostile/unfriendly to devs since late HotS era of StarCraft 2 on teamliquid. That was even without any developer interaction since blizzard devs rarely post there.

Game is awesome with headphones and audio ques as to where other players are. Lots of time, other players give away their position on gunfire alone.

This reminds me how I've failed to sneak up on campers many times because they probably have headphones on and knew that someone was coming. The way those guys play they shouldn't be allowed to hear me coming lol.

Greedings

First video has already gone up
[/I][/B]
I dunno, as a 33 year old man, I felt weird watching it for some reason and don't necessarily know if it was needed? But then again, I'm completely out of touch with the Twitch/Streamer generation in general, so....

I never watch youtube videos, but glancing at this one, it seems to be the worst way to bring new players into the fold. It's just someone flailing around, being terrible at the game, trying to play it like COD and dying over and over.

That would not make me want to touch it. Sure TF|2 is terrible if you try to play it like another game.

I never watch youtube videos, but glancing at this one, it seems to be the worst way to bring new players into the fold. It's just someone flailing around, being terrible at the game, trying to play it like COD and dying over and over.

That would not make me want to touch it. Sure TF|2 is terrible if you try to play it like another game.

That was the point tho... bring in a total "noob" so to speak

It was the complete "cutesy" factor that derails it, but then again, I guess there's an audience for it

Greedings

That was the point tho... bring in a total "noob" so to speak

It was the complete "cutesy" factor that derails it, but then again, I guess there's an audience for it

I don't see how that would work though. Titanfall 2 looks amazing when it's played well, but when it's played badly it looks like a generic ass COD clone.

What made me interested in TF|2 is 1) the movement and 2) the titans. She doesn't show off any of that.

I didn't really notice any "cutesy" stuff, but I only watched it for a minute.

Gator86

I haven't seen a community being so hostile/unfriendly to devs since late HotS era of StarCraft 2 on teamliquid. That was even without any developer interaction since blizzard devs rarely post there.

Is criticism of a product purchased for a reasonable sum of money hostility? Criticism is one of the main roles of the consumer. I'm not friends with Respawn. I give them money to make things I like. They made a terrific game which I bought and got half a dozen friends to buy. I also paid for a bunch of skins half as a thanks for making an awesome game and half as supporting future support for it.

I don't think it's untoward to be critical if I, or others, are disappointed with the support. People will be less critical on here, reddit, and elsewhere when Respawn actually updates their game and gives us something to talk about.

Donos

Switched from MGL to LGT for the first time. So far not bad. Especially when the there is a bunch of titans. Speed of the orb is ass which especially is not easy to deal with when ejecting and shooting from far away. Also the red line "crosshair" in ADS is ass. Miss the "harass titan behind cover" tactic with the MGL but i will keep the LGT for a while.

Is criticism of a product purchased for a reasonable sum of money hostility? Criticism is one of the main roles of the consumer. I'm not friends with Respawn. I give them money to make things I like. They made a terrific game which I bought and got half a dozen friends to buy. I also paid for a bunch of skins half as a thanks for making an awesome game and half as supporting future support for it.

I don't think it's untoward to be critical if I, or others, are disappointed with the support. People will be less critical on here, reddit, and elsewhere when Respawn actually updates their game and gives us something to talk about.

I think most of us here provides constructive feedback in a pretty mannered way, but time to time it is hard to feel that the respawn peeps are being treated with respect here.

Switched from MGL to LGT for the first time. So far not bad. Especially when the there is a bunch of titans. Speed of the orb is ass which especially is not easy to deal with when ejecting and shooting from far away. Also the red line "crosshair" in ADS is ass. Miss the "harass titan behind cover" tactic with the MGL but i will keep the LGT for a while.

Chargehack Charge Rifle is anti titan king.

Greedings

I'm a charge hack or MGL guy. Don't really like the MGL but it's so good for harassing titans.

Can anyone confirm if the charge rifle gets a damage bonus if you hit the critical points on titans? I always assumed yes, but never bothered figuring it out.

Donos

Started with the charge and the instahit is nice but in terms of damage and useability i would say MGL >>> Charge. Maybe for doomed titans it's a bit different.

Haven't used the Archer yet but i'm constantly dashing away from rockets and pilot lockons so i would not rate it above both. MGL pilots give me the most trouble.

Arrrammis

Started with the charge and the instahit is nice but in terms of damage and useability i would say MGL >>> Charge. Maybe for doomed titans it's a bit different.

Haven't used the Archer yet but i'm constantly dashing away from rockets and pilot lockons so i would not rate it above both. MGL pilots give me the most trouble.

If you're close enough to use the MGL, then I think it definitely does more damage. but with the charge rifle, you have no damage falloff and you never have to reload, which does make a small difference to DPS. Personally, I prefer MGL because then I can slide hop/wall run my way around enemy titans while hip firing in their general direction and know that at least half of my MGL shots will hit. I tend to be too aggressive, so engaging titans at close range as a pilot is pretty much the norm for me haha

Gator86

MGL seems like absolutely the best anti-titan weapon. The damage is absurd and you don't need line of sight to use it at all. Just start firing it off the side of a building and you can't even be attacked back.

The charge rifle always makes me paranoid because there's a literal line pointing to exactly where you are. It just feels like I'm shining a giant spotlight that says "over here, kill this guy."

E92 M3

I am still in love with the game. Perfect shooter to play solo - great relief when so many other shooters focus on team play.

I like the Charge Rifle because it allows me to poke from safe distance.

Plus years of using the Spartan Laser has provided practice for charging in cover then peakkng out right before the blast to take the shot.

Plus its a makeshift sniper rifle for those assholes who like to camp on towers, LOL

All that said, Ive been moving towards the MGL as a result of adopting a more aggressive SMG-heavy playstyle

Calderc

My new rage-quit thing is when the enemy team has a full set of Titans and motherfuckers just leave them. There are no enemy Pilots left so stop looking for them! Shoot the fucking Titan!

Rayme

me5zf9qh24fe.png

The gamepad custom-binds screen, from Jay's latest post.
https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10399/no-fnn-today/

So; two things to mention.

#1:
The update also adds "toggle ADS" and "hold to crouch" gamepad options.

#2:
With those options, I've been doing using the following config in our playtests lately. I can't say if it's a good idea or not yet, but I do enjoy it.

Code:
Pilot "CQB Acrobat" Controls:
- Jump on L2/LT
- Crouch on L1/LB   (turn on "Hold to Crouch" option)
- ADS on Left Stick    (turn on "Toggle" ADS option)

Calderc

#1:

#2:
With those options, I've been doing using the following config in our playtests lately. I can't say if it's a good idea or not yet, but I do enjoy it.

Code:
- Jump on L2/LT

You're the bestest.

I play with Evolved and then swap RB with RS. That way you jump with LB and Crouch with RB. Ordinance on RS takes a bit of getting used to but other than that it's perfection.

Just started playing this, I love the SP and I'm just getting into the MP.

When it comes to being a Pilot, I'm good. It reminds me of CoD with the speed of Tribes, it's awesome. But when I'm in a Titan, I for the life of me can't get a hang of it. I am totally awful. I'm way better outside of a Titan than I am inside of one and I'd like to try and fix that. Not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong. (Sticking to Ion for now).

If anyone had any advice, pointers or guides to read that would be greatly appreciated!

Ken Adams

#1:

#2:

Code:
- Jump on L2/LT

Fuck yeah finally.

Calderc

Just started playing this, I love the SP and I'm just getting into the MP.

When it comes to being a Pilot, I'm good. It reminds me of CoD with the speed of Tribes, it's awesome. But when I'm in a Titan, I for the life of me can't get a hang of it. I am totally awful. I'm way better outside of a Titan than I am inside of one and I'd like to try and fix that. Not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong. (Sticking to Ion for now).

If anyone had any advice, pointers or guides to read that would be greatly appreciated!

Watch Frothy Omen's Titan guides on YT.

@Rayme think you guys could rebuff the Volt a bit? i really miss it being viable

LOL I wanted to say the same thing but didn't want to annoy him with that again. It doesn't have to be that strong again but at least somewhere in between where it is now and where it was before. It really isn't holding up well on the console side of things.

grendelrt

I don't understand how there is apparently no penalty for quitting games in progress...just lost a match because a guy decided it would be awesome to quit about 1/3 through it and we never got a backfill.

.....sigh.

Rayme.

Tell your coworkers to fix the matchmaking please.

Thank you.
Whatever could you be talking about! (from tonight)
3CK8u4xBQ2BC.png

Or my most recent favorite
3CK9fqebfDZ8.png

Watched Benchy's stream and he went 51-8 in pilot vs pilot and fucking lost haha. Them teamate scores wow

3CIIpP52kZe2.png

It blows my mind to see numbers like this. Even on my luckiest day with the horrible teammates and opponents I don't ever see myself getting 50+ kills in this game regardless of what mode I play. My personal record in PvP is 30 and overall it's 34 in Attrition.

My closest match like that one though is when I went 27-8 in a PvP game and my team still lost 100-88. I got off to a amazing start and I think I was 20-2 at one point. Then I finally looked at the score and noticed that we were actually losing by a few points. As soon as I cooled off we had no chance to catch up.

nah

I'm pretty deliberate with my play-style for the most part (IE, take me time, listen for footsteps, trying to get positional advantage, etc.), so I'm not in a situation too often where I need my tactical.

That's basically how I played the first few weeks I played the game. But learning how to slide hop really opened things up for me and changed the way I wanted to play. Not sure how much you care to learn that, but it could do wonders for you. You don't even have to change your play style, just being able to get from point A to point B faster to flank and then throw the sonar knife and slow it down can only help.

#1:

#2:

Code:
- Jump on L2/LT

OMFG!!!!

Arrrammis

Even after a night of losses like that, I would never in a million years say that we should go to full skill-based matchmaking. Three years of that bullshit in Destiny was enough to turn me and most of my friend off of that PvP, it's fine to be playing with people of equal skill, but putting skill over connection absolutely destroys any kind of fun. I live in central USA, and even when the player base was full (usually right after an expansion dropped), I was still getting matched with people in Europe, Australia, or eastern Asia (sometimes all of the above. Yes, really). There were literally players whose model was sitting stationary in spawn, never moving for the entire match, while the actual player was running around invisible due to lag, and you wouldn't know where they are until you're suddenly killed by a shotgun blast.

I feel like a much better solution is already in place in the form of networks. Tired of teammates who couldn't dump water out of a boot with written instructions on the heel? Hit that "Invite Network" button or even better grab a gaffer or two and hop on comms. There are so many fun troll strats to do (Northstar tether + Scorch traps is a classic, team of weeb Ronins is hilarious (only sword attacks allowed), Jumkrat squad is sometimes ineffective but silly (grenade launchers and satchels only)), try them out!

That's basically how I played the first few weeks I played the game. But learning how to slide hop really opened things up for me and changed the way I wanted to play. Not sure how much you care to learn that, but it could do wonders for you. You don't even have to change your play style, just being able to get from point A to point B faster to flank and then throw the sonar knife and slow it down can only help.

Well with the custom control preset coming, I'll definitely try it more now :)

I like the Charge Rifle because it allows me to poke from safe distance.

Plus years of using the Spartan Laser has provided practice for charging in cover then peakkng out right before the blast to take the shot.

Plus its a makeshift sniper rifle for those assholes who like to camp on towers, LOL

All that said, Ive been moving towards the MGL as a result of adopting a more aggressive SMG-heavy playstyle

I always feel compelled to use the Charge Rifle with the L-Star, makes me feel like a Pilot version of Ion.

Also surprised how much Amped SMR does to Titans in this game.

Top Bottom