• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Not surprised. There seems to be a mess up with every Forza release. The number of times that DLC has been cocked up on release. Seems to Microsoft's go to franchise for launch day messes.

cpiso

Neo Member
Has anyone else gotten an error when trying to download the Warthog? I keep getting error 0x8000ffff. Looking up the code on xbox.com tells me about a chat error..

deoee

Somehow the game does not recognize my Ultimate perks on PC - like all the car and VIP passes - what can I do about that? :eek:

willbsn13

Loving the Auction House so far, got into a massive bidding war over a LM002, managed to pip it in the nick of time for only 110k.

Amazon just delivered my ultimate edition. Consider me ultimate stoked. Guess I should say I'm located in CA. Not sure if I'm special, or if it was supposed to be delivered today.

Rflagg

Really torn between the ultimate and deluxe versions. I am almost completely new to forza (apex 6), but I love open world racing games.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I'm weak and bought the ultimate edition. Installing now :D

SimplexPL

Win10 version - I live in Poland, FH3 is in Polish. Which would seem logical, only my default Windows display language is English, my region is English, so why is it not in English?
Any idea how I can force it to start in English? This being UWP app, editing config files is sadly out of the question (or so I assume).

8sFGii6.png

I'm weak and bought the ultimate edition. Installing now :D

And by weak you me awesome? :p

Really torn between the ultimate and deluxe versions. I am almost completely new to forza (apex 6), but I love open world racing games.

It's a lot of cars for $20. Really comes down to how much you'll play.

You can usually add the other content at a later date.

Exactly. If you're worried. Just wait. It won't cost that much more later on.

Azzawon

Got home and now installing my disc - unfortunately GAME didn't have stock of the preorder bonuses (model car and in-game Ferrari 488 GTB) so I'll have to check back when they're in.

Is there a 'Ready to play' percentage on this install? I'm impatient, I know.

Edit: To answer my own question, there is. 30% for anyone interested, installing from disc. Just puts you onto a pretty slideshow with the text 'Installing... Please Wait' though.

Pasck

Neo Member
Is there an option to change the game language? I'm asking because I played Forza 6 apex and the game was in french just like my windows. I usually prefer to play my games in english but there was no options to change it, so I was wondering if it was still the same here? Thanks

Win10 version - I live in Poland, FH3 is in Polish. Which would seem logical, only my default Windows display language is English, my region is English, so why is it not in English?
Any idea how I can force it to start in English? This being UWP app, editing config files is sadly out of the question (or so I assume).

So I guess that's a no for my question, aw dang. :(

Ullus

Are the ultimate edition stuff working for anyone?
Get neither double spins nor do I have the icons indicating I own it.

Insayne

Did anyone get this to work with a G27 ?
I mean, it works... but when you go to options, and choose G27, does it allow you to save that? for me not :S Also, the steering is like, all on the first 10° or something.
Thats one damn bad release day bug :(

Majine

Banned
I don't play a lot of racing games on the PC, it is a bit awkward with the keyboard.

Might get that USB dongle that allows you to play with an Xbox One controller.

Hoping this gets fixed soon. Would really like to play it a little before I go to bed. I imagine someone is having a very stressful evening somewhere within Microsoft.

Impulsor

I'm testing hdr with this game versus the demo and I must say that I'm really disappointed.

No hdr mode looks way better to me in this game.

The same cannot be said about movies.

Azzawon

Haha. I think eRacer -- criminally underrated -- is the last time I use kb/m.

eRacer! Damn, I loved that game back in the day. I found out my uni tutor was a developer on it when he worked at Rage. Weird to think about it really :p

But yeah, kb/m with racing games leaves a lot to be desired. It's hard work.

newsguy

Sorry to ask the obvious so late in the game. I was at work (not near a computer) all day. If I buy the Ultimate digital version from best buy today, when is the game available to me?

So I guess that's a no for my question, aw dang. :(

There's no language option in the game menus? How stupid is that??
I'm testing hdr with this game versus the demo and I must say that I'm really disappointed.

No hdr mode looks way better to me in this game.

The same cannot be said about movies.

Oh, not what I wanted to read. What about the HDR mode is it that you don't like?

I don't play a lot of racing games on the PC, it is a bit awkward with the keyboard.

Might get that USB dongle that allows you to play with an Xbox One controller.

I use the wireless adapter myself, but keep in mind you could just use a USB cable for now.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
My 65" Vizio P series HDR tv and Xbox One S are ready.

Yes I'm bragging

lazerfox

I can't play FH3 yet but adding English in the control panel worked for Apex. Might have to restart your PC.

edit: make sure you have english at the top of the list

Impulsor

Oh, not what I wanted to read. What about the HDR mode is it that you don't like?
It looks washed out compared to the demo. Some. Scenes look better but most of them do not. At least to me.

I'm Playing on a Samsung UE55KS9000. Movies most certainly look WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than their non hdr counterparts, but with this I do not notice a very big difference and what I do notice, I do not really like.

Azzawon

Okay, so the game is 'Ready to play' on Xbox at 30%, and when launched, takes a few minutes to 'install' the game. I've just checked my percentage now and it's sat at 40% and the opening scene has just started rolling - looks like I can play at least some of it while the rest is being installed.

I caved and picked up the Ultimate Edition off Newegg for $89.99. Unfortunately will take me all night to download. Does everyone who bought the PC version have different items in their library for Forza Horizon 3 and the Ultimate Edition? When I clicked to download the Ultimate Edition it's just downloading the regular version.

Is there a sell car option?

If I was unhappy with the first car choices, could I just pick the most expensive one and sell it to purchase something I want?

I can't play FH3 yet but adding English in the control panel worked for Apex. Might have to restart your PC.
So my windows can stay in german??? I only need to add it to the list or do I need to restart windows every time I want to play the game? Because I can't just keep it in english, they have different decimal marks and it would mess with data files.

Zafir

Hoping this gets fixed soon. Would really like to play it a little before I go to bed. I imagine someone is having a very stressful evening somewhere within Microsoft.

On the official Forza Horizon 3 forums, they've said they're aware there is a problem and are trying to fix it.

I don't know how long that will take, though.

Top Bottom