• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's JP mag meganews

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
titiklabingapat said:
I imagine that Nintendo moneyhats are at work since they kind of have a good relationship with BN.

They should have used more of those money hats to make a true sequel to Tales of Symphonia, instead of what we have now.

Aeana

jj984jj said:
You know what'd be awesome, if Sakimoto and Sakuraba somehow collaborated on Fragile, it's likely just Sakuraba though. Think of the awesome that would be though!

Does it say it'll be Sakuraba anywhere?

I'd much rather Masako Ogami (Venus & Braves) did it.

ethelred

jj984jj said:
You know what'd be awesome, if Sakimoto and Sakuraba somehow collaborated on Fragile, it's likely just Sakuraba though. Think of the awesome that would be though!

I'd rather have neither. Shame it won't be Keiki Kobayashi and Masako Oogami.

I remember people tried to argue that Tri-Crescendo was the better team in the Baten pairing, and then Trusty Bell came out.

Anyways, Fragile's art looks good, especially the art on the teaser site, but that's all that I can tell from that camera phone pic. Waiting for better scans, but I've high hopes! Though I've never even heard of Venus and Braves. . .

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Wait, Sakimoto didn't work on Venus & Braves? It sure sounds like his work!

Aeana said:
Does it say it'll be Sakuraba anywhere?

I'd much rather Masako Ogami (Venus & Braves) did it.
No, but it's likely tri-Cres. handling the sound.

ethelred

jj984jj said:
Wait, Sakimoto didn't work on Venus & Braves? It sure sounds like his work!

Nope, Sakimoto had nothing to do with it. I don't really think the game sounds like his work either.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ethelred said:
Nope, Sakimoto had nothing to do with it.
I see. Not sure who Masako Ogami is, did he have anything to do with Ace Combat 4? I still have Megalith on my computer, that piece is awesome!

While parts of internet may meltdown if Wii Fit gets a 40/40, just remember, it's a Famitsu 40/40 so it doesn't really mean shit.

If it's gets 38/40 though, it might be the best game ever.

Mockingbird said:
I remember people tried to argue that Tri-Crescendo was the better team in the Baten pairing, and then Trusty Bell came out.
Tri-Crescendo have good, talented people there, but most of Baten's greatness comes from Monolith Soft. Dragona may try to convince you otherwise by pointing out Xenosaga 2, but the reality is different.

Innotech

Banned
Mr. Pointy said:
While parts of internet may meltdown if Wii Fit gets a 40/40, just remember, it's a Famitsu 40/40 so it doesn't really mean shit.

If it's gets 38/40 though, it might be the best game ever.
so true. so goddamned true

duckroll

Mr. Pointy said:
Tri-Crescendo have good, talented people there, but most of Baten's greatness comes from Monolith Soft. Dragona may try to convince you otherwise by pointing out Xenosaga 2, but the reality is different.

It's not remotely that clear cut.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
raiden fighters for 360? as in a port of the arcade game? i've been pining for that game ever since the saturn version was cancelled like 10 years ago -- i've played it like twice in arcades. COMPILATION DISC WITH FULL RAIDEN FIGHTERS SERIES REGION FREE PLS

Mr. Pointy said:

LOL! Believe me, I know. I was there in that thread when the red-scaled dragon tried to burn that into people's minds.

Also, Xeno II was not even done by the Baten Team, I believe. IIRC there is a Baten team and a Xeno team.

drohne said:
raiden fighters for 360? as in a port of the arcade game? i've been pining for that game ever since the saturn version was cancelled like 10 years ago -- i've played it like twice in arcades. COMPILATION DISC WITH FULL RAIDEN FIGHTERS SERIES REGION FREE PLS
Raiden Fighters is the only Raiden game I truly, truly like. It's the KOF '98 of shmups.

cvxfreak

Sengoku Basara 2 Wii got a higher score than the PS2 version. I wonder if it's because the Wii version includes the original or the Wii improves on a few things.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
cvxfreak said:
Sengoku Basara 2 Wii got a higher score than the PS2 version. I wonder if it's because the Wii version includes the original or the Wii improves on a few things.

I'm thinking possibly better framerate? Although Basara 2 didn't have framerate problems...I think its probably something visual. They didn't include motion controls, so that can't be it.

wsippel

Banned
Mockingbird said:
LOL! Believe me, I know. I was there in that thread when the red-scaled dragon tried to burn that into people's minds.

Also, Xeno II was not even done by the Baten Team, I believe. IIRC there is a Baten team and a Xeno team.
Do we know which team works on Disaster?

Xellos said:
Wow, hope NiGHTS gets localized. I haven't played the original in a long time and it would be nice to play it without having to hook up the Saturn. Also PS3 upscaling FTW; the Saturn + composite + DLP did not look so hot last time I tried it.

Part of me wonders why this isn't on Wii too, though. PS2->Wii ports are not uncommon, and it would be nice to have both games on one console. Eh, who can tell how Sega makes these decisions.
That's because it's an unlockable in the Wii Nights - believe.

I hope this makes it overseas, stable framerate and better drawing distance please, don't care a whole lot about the rest, DS kind of made me oblivious to unfiltered textures.

sp0rsk said:
Next week.

Wii Fit scores.

ARE YOU READY?
The non-game to end all games - be prepared for a perfect score, Nintendogs style.

ethelred

Eteric Rice said:
I hope it's packed in with Wii's NiGHTs.

Would be nice, anyway.

1187165720330.gif

Top Bottom