• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The official Best of GB release is great, I hope it's not one off.

Its not a once off.

They will be hosting all the previous ones soon and new episodes will go up on GB .

Its real cool they are doing that. Hopefully dude is getting paid for it and they keep letting him put what he wants in them and dont do anything silly like a "no more clips from premium videos" rule.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Its not a once off.

They will be hosting all the previous ones soon and new episodes will go up on GB .

Its real cool they are doing that. Hopefully dude is getting paid for it and they keep letting him put what he wants in them and dont do anything silly like a "no more clips from premium videos" rule.

I'm 99% sure he's getting paid (the timing coinciding with the freelance budget can't be a coincidence) and also I'm pretty sure the clips from UPF in there were a premium stream? So it seems like they're not messing with it. It's really cool.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The first official best of video had premium footage in it anyway (at the start even) so why would that be a factor?

The Best Of Giant Bomb thing is legit cool.

I try to keep up with those videos but always forget or whatever but now they are getting jacked right into my GB veins.

The best advert for premium.

Glad they are keeping them free/on YouTube. All round just cool.

Tubobutts

The Best Of Giant Bomb thing is legit cool.

I try to keep up with those videos but always forget or whatever but now they are getting jacked right into my GB veins.

Yep, it will be handy to have them on the main site instead of randomly getting linked to them and not knowing which ones you've seen.

TraBuch

Banned
Reading that guest article on Dragon Age Inquisition made me realize I remember nothing about that game. I bought it the day it came out, beat it and actually really enjoyed it and got most of the trophies, but thinking back I can't remember anything about it. The article says there's a
betrayal by someone who's the true bad guy
and for the life of me, I can't remember who that is. I can only even remember like two of the companions you get, lesbian elf lady and funny qunari dude.

That game really didn't leave much of an impression.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I had the same response after that sentence.
No idea what betrayal this is about.

What is everyone's opinion on the guest pieces so far? Greg's was good, but nothing new to me, since he's been a GB guest so often. The second one was just kind of bad. Just not that interesting of a write-up for the pretty straightforward point it was trying to make. I did like this last one, but it's about DA:I DLC, so...yeah.

More like the clip show is popular and getting made anyway. Might as well incorporate it in the site.

They have existed for years (it really is episode 91) and are pretty popular. Also, GB wanted a way to show off their content in a dense format.

i was just looking for an excuse to make another comment about the lack of content.

clip shows are often done to give the production of a tv show a breather while they work on a season. they used to be so common that the simpsons did a clip show once made entirely of new material, though they also did do at least one clip show that was just a straight up clip show

No_Style

He mostly puts bombcast clips on youtube.

When I saw the "Best of GB" on the front page and read Vinny's post, I thought to myself: "Perhaps one day he'll be a shining star on the front page as well."

Good to see the guy get exposure, credit and compensation for that Best of GB stuff. Vinny's joke at the end of his post about approving timesheet insinuates that he'll be compensated based on time spent and not just the video which sounds great for him. (I'm sure there's a reasonable max)

Zaph

Good to see the guy get exposure, credit and compensation for that Best of GB stuff. Vinny's joke at the end of his post about approving timesheet insinuates that he'll be compensated based on time spent and not just the video which sounds great for him. (I'm sure there's a reasonable max)

We pay to watch people play video games, and now someone's getting paid to watch people play videos games that he's paid to watch. We've gone full internet, the snake is truly eating the tail now.

It's the Super Bowl. SF will be crazy for the next 3 days.

And no brides are scheduling a wedding Super Bowl weekend especially in the city it's happening or nearby.

swimbuff

They got the game later than most outlets. Dan and Jeff are playing it for sure right now, not sure if anyone else is.

Ah, I see. Strange that they got it later though. But I guess it could have been one of those "we'd rather show off the release build" type deals as I remember hearing about some frame rate issues with the prerelease versions of the game.

Edit: I don't have a PC that can run XCOM 2 so I'm just hungry for any content on the game.

LiK

QL EXes usually suck because they're all super nice towards the game because of the devs being there or they're just explaining gameplay footage. there's like a handful of QL EXes that are worth watching. Usually they involve JohnnyV or Dave Lang.

Ah, I see. Strange that they got it later though. But I guess it could have been one of those "we'd rather show off the release build" type deals as I remember hearing about some frame rate issues with the prerelease versions of the game.

Those are still present in the release version. Sounds like it's due mostly to MXAA.

yeah I just spent a few minutes trying to figure out why the game was running like shit for me and instead ran across a lot of "LERN 2 PC" posts

what year is it

QL EXes usually suck because they're all super nice towards the game because of the devs being there or they're just explaining gameplay footage. there's like a handful of QL EXes that are worth watching. Usually they involve JohnnyV or Dave Lang.

When Adam Boyes was a gaming nomad his EXs were fun, too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom