• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Here's what you get for Max Payne 3 pre-order:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/204100/

Not yet updated with price and add to cart button.

Now announce a concrete release date, and throw in Remedy's tales of NYC noir as a Steam pre-purchase incentive.

*golf claps to self*

Although I hate that $60 is becoming more and more common among PC releases, it's still $20 less than Aussie retail (Edit: And $30 less than what R* are asking of us on Steam). I'll pre-order once my PC upgrade is out of the way, which should be in a few weeks.

Jomjom

Banned
When will the price for the Indie Adventure Pack be posted? I don't have a single one of those games and I've been wanting quite a few of those, especially Gemini Rue.

HoosTrax

Machinarium is a visual treat.

Although, seeing all of those adventure games just reminded me that there never was a sequel to the Longest Journey trilogy, and Dreamfall ended on a cliffhanger. I hated the change in gameplay from Longest Journey's point-and-click adventure style to the action-stealth gameplay in Dreamfall.

Machinarium is a visual treat.

Although, seeing all of those adventure games just reminded me that there never was a sequel to the Longest Journey trilogy, and Dreamfall ended on a cliffhanger. I hated the change in gameplay from Longest Journey's point-and-click adventure style to the action-stealth gameplay in Dreamfall.

They were supposed to continue the story with an episodic series called Dreamfall chapters. That just got lost in the ether :(

1-D_FTW

*golf claps to self*

Although I hate that $60 is becoming more and more common among PC releases, it's still $20 less than Aussie retail. I'll pre-order once my PC upgrade is out of the way, which should be in a few weeks.

It's like they're begging us to wait 2 months to buy it at 66 percent off.

I don't know what their problem is. That game will be on sale for consoles for 39.99 within a week or two. And it'll have a resale value of 30 dollars or so (Net cost of 10 dollars or so). Yet we're supposed to pay a flat 60 dollars? Haha. "Wait for Steam Sale!"

Blizzard

Banned
It's like they're begging us to wait 2 months to buy it at 66 percent off.

I don't know what their problem is. That game will be on sale for consoles for 39.99 within a week or two. And it'll have a resale value of 30 dollars or so (Net cost of 10 dollars or so). Yet we're supposed to pay a flat 60 dollars? Haha. "Wait for Steam Sale!"
I am significantly more likely to buy a PC game if it's less than $50 on release (say, $40-45 with preorder bonus if it's a game I'm really interest in and want to support), definitely more likely if it's $30 on release.

Nabs

spotlight_image_english.png

Fl1pp13

Neo Member
What games are in there? My steam sends me back to the main page when I click on it.

Link is dead for me too. Out of the pictures I can make up Swords and Soldiers HD, Toki Tori and Serious Sam: The Random Encounter.

Edit: The link is working again, it's Diamond Dan, EDGE, Greed Corp, RUSH, Swords and Soldiers, Toki Tori and Serious Sam. All for nine euro's.

JaseC

Pity the games themselves aren't discounted; I own everything bar Diamond Dan.

Also, the last time we got a creatively-named indie pack, it turned out to be an elaborate Portal 2 ARG... but I doubt there's anything buried beneath the surface this time around.

hmm to buy the adventure pack for machinarium and tiny bang theory... I own the other 3. I could just wait until the summer sale and get machinarium on the cheap

MRORANGE

Pity the games themselves aren't discounted; I own everything bar Diamond Dan.

Also, the last time we got a creatively-named indie pack, it turned out to be an elaborate Portal 2 ARG... but I doubt there's anything buried beneath the surface this time around.

HL fanatics are already trying to connect the dots as we speak.

I am one of them :(

Nabs

The Holland pack is $10

hmm to buy the adventure pack for machinarium and tiny bang theory... I own the other 3. I could just wait until the summer sale and get machinarium on the cheap

Split it with someone who just wants Gemini Rue and the other two games?

louiedog

Indie Pack is available here. Same price at $9.99.

Thinking about it. Only really want Jolly Roger and maybe Lume. May bite since it includes giftable copies.

Jomjom

Banned
If I don't have any of the games in the Indie Adventure pack, do you guys think it's worth it for $10? Seems a bit pricey. Maybe I should wait for the next big sale?

louiedog

If I don't have any of the games in the Indie Adventure pack, do you guys think it's worth it for $10? Seems a bit pricey. Maybe I should wait for the next big sale?

The pack is 75% off full price. I think that any of those games could easily be 75% off at some point, with a chance at even more. If you want all 5 go for it. If not you may as well hold off and pick up just the ones you want.

JaseC

Although rather short, Machinarium is the greatest point-and-click adventure game since LucasArts lost its way, plus the soundtrack is amazing.

And on that note, hurry up with the Botanicula store page already, Valve.

Jomjom

Banned
How are the stories in the games in the Indie Adventure pack? I've heard the most about Machinarium and Gemini Rue, but are the stories any good?

$10 is a decent price. I'm not sure how an average of $2/game is pricey, although Lume is ludicrously short and Tiny Bang is only so-so. But Machinarium and Gemini are really good.
How are the stories in the games in the Indie Adventure pack? I've heard the most about Machinarium and Gemini Rue, but are the stories any good?
Gemini = decent iirc
Machinarium = lacking. It has atmosphere but the actual story is pretty thin.
Lume = almost none. Also is "Episode 1" (good think I paid under $2 for it) so it doesn't reach any conclusion.
Tiny Bang Story = basically none.

Haven't played Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom