• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us about to go gold

Like I’ve said before – no way is the reason for not showing off multiplayer because it’s bad....

Come on, we’re talking about Naughty Dog. I’m thinking they just don’t want to spoil anything.

Man

The few tidbits/opinions that have escaped so far about MP have been super positive.
And we are going to see MP this coming week apparently.

Mikey Jr.

Spoil what exactly.......

Show off the MP with one level and a few characters. How does that spoil anything? They are already fucking spoiled everything with their GOW demo chapter fuck up.

newjeruse

Spoil what exactly.......

Show off the MP with one level and a few characters. How does that spoil anything? They are already fucking spoiled everything with their GOW demo chapter fuck up.
Because it's probably not a simple horde mode or PvP multiplayer that we're used to. It's probably something that contains ending spoilers. My guess (and I literally have no knowledge of the multiplayer or ending of the game) is that Joel and/or Ellie die in the end and the multiplayer is you being able to play as the infected in other people's single player game.

It's probably a good thing that the online modes wont be live until release. I just remembered that there was a pre-order item that gives you
alternate mp skins for Joel and Ellie, but only once you've completed the single player. Withholding those skins until you complete the game could suggest that they're spoilers

Have they said anything about when they will give out the MP details? BTW, is there a GAF friends list floating around for PS3/4/Vita PSN etc? I searched and only found one specifically for Vita...would like to add some of you guys to play the MP aspect when it comes out.

AKyemeni

Have they said anything about when they will give out the MP details? BTW, is there a GAF friends list floating around for PS3/4/Vita PSN etc? I searched and only found one specifically for Vita...would like to add some of you guys to play the MP aspect when it comes out.
No, but they better surprise the hell outta us!

LEGGZZZZ

Because it's probably not a simple horde mode or PvP multiplayer that we're used to. It's probably something that contains ending spoilers. My guess (and I literally have no knowledge of the multiplayer or ending of the game) is that Joel and/or Ellie die in the end and the multiplayer is you being able to play as the infected in other people's single player game.

God that would be terrible, I'm glad they're not going that route based on what little info they've released.

waypoetic

Banned
If the multiplayer is shit i'm okay with that. Sort of. Them giving the press access to the MP on the same day as the game has it's release is giving me some flashbacks to other games that had MP...

"Launch day patch. Please understand.

/Naughty Dog"

We'll only see the MP for the first time when we actually play it! I can do that, everything gets spoiled these days :)

Thing is, they tack MP onto everything these days. And it isn't always a good idea. Especially in more story-driven games where you may be diverting resources from additional story content.

I am super stoked for this game. Couldn't give a rat's ass about multiplayer.

It would be like Alan Wake having multi-player...just doesn't make sense.

hwy_61

Banned
Shit, this thread reminded me that this game is coming out soon! Gotta get my ass to Best Buy today to preorder.

That's the problem with going on a media blackout. You can easily forget about the game entirely!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Guys, my hype level for this game is... just... wtf. I'm looking at my calendar like... wtf.

*sigh*

SGRU

Is there any exclusive single player content in the special editions? I don't care about skins or weapons for the MP, but I don't want to miss anything in the story mode.

From what I've heard, retail review copies won't have online activated until release day.
And because that is E3 Week, ANY reviews will be without MP at all.
And even if reviews have MP part it would be unreliable because it was not on retail servers.
:(

(Could not care less about the MP for last of Us but still its not good)

Easy_G

Multiplayer is the last thing I care about for this game. To me, it's like multiplayer for Half Life. Totally unnecessary.

So if it's good MP, I'll be happy. If it's bad MP, I'll still be happy. Singleplayer looks amazing, and I can't wait.

This will be the first full priced game I've bought in a LONG time.

EDIT: And screw the haters, Uncharted 3 was great.

Multiplayer is the last thing I care about for this game. To me, it's like multiplayer for Half Life. Totally unnecessary.

So if it's good MP, I'll be happy. If it's bad MP, I'll still be happy. Singleplayer looks amazing, and I can't wait.

This will be the first full priced game I've bought in a LONG time.

EDIT: And screw the haters, Uncharted 3 was great.

Games that has been made with its engine and its own multiplayer changed much stuff in mp gaming. Didn't it?

How was Half Life's multi was unnecessary?

Top Bottom