• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Got both cars, and I put up my 959 and XJ220HE up on the auction house. Hopefully they both sell so I can get that achievement.

another forzathon going on from july 4th - july 10th

iMdy101.jpg

#Forzathon Freedom Of The Road
Complete 3 Races in Classic Muscle to win the ’70 Chevelle Super Sport HE AND 50,000 CR

#Forzathon Get Together
Complete an Online Adventure to win 3 Wheelspins

#Forzathon Bursting In Air
Perform 20 Ultimate Air Skills to win the 2010 Ferrari 599XX

#Forzathon Rallying Cry
Complete a Race in a Classic Rally car to receive 55,000XP and 120,000CR

LoveCake

:O I want new cars to win, not old ones, I know some people may have missed them but give them out instead of the credit prizes :mad:

Some notes on this weeks forzathon --

the online adventure one requires you to fully complete 4/4 events in an online adventure. Joining one part way through will not give it to you. Just finish whichever one you join, then vote for a new one, and complete all 4 events in it and you'll get it.

You can't double dip the racing ones with online adventures for some reason. I did 7 or so online races (2 online adventures) with a muscle car and didn't get that one done, just hopped out to solo play and got it done with a championship blueprint with 3 races, 1 lap each.

Some notes on this weeks forzathon --

the online adventure one requires you to fully complete 4/4 events in an online adventure. Joining one part way through will not give it to you. Just finish whichever one you join, then vote for a new one, and complete all 4 events in it and you'll get it.

You can't double dip the racing ones with online adventures for some reason. I did 7 or so online races (2 online adventures) with a muscle car and didn't get that one done, just hopped out to solo play and got it done with a championship blueprint with 3 races, 1 lap each.

Yup, the Classic Muscle one will not unlock unless you are doing Solo. The wife and I were able to get the other ones to unlock just fine in Co-Op but the Classic Muscle would not.

Seriously, I cannot believe how much the wife has got into this game. It has been like 2 weeks and she is already level 150. We just started Blizzard Mountain and the Co-Op in it is not nearly as good as the standard one. You still are on teams for the race but now each player has to hit the requirements instead of it having a shared requirement for both.

It is not a big deal but it makes it a little more annoying than the normal Co-Op. Now I am just really hoping we get a decent Co-Op mode in FM7 because FM6 is pretty shit in that regard.

KRaZyAmmo

So I'm gonna be a bit ambitious on FH3 for the S15 for a bit. Because I'm about to replicate a car from SH

edit: That means I'm gonna have to do EVERY decal and livery design on my own. Will put it on the regular S15.

zorbsie

So I'm gonna be a bit ambitious on FH3 for the S15 for a bit. Because I'm about to replicate a car from SH

edit: That means I'm gonna have to do EVERY decal and livery design on my own. Will put it on the regular S15.

YASSSSS! Been meaning to do something like this too. If you get a chance post some pics of your work in progress later down the road.

KRaZyAmmo

YASSSSS! Been meaning to do something like this too. If you get a chance post some pics of your work in progress later down the road.

No problem I will. I just think doing the decals needed first is gonna be the first problem to tackle xP

edit: I think the only decal I get a free pass on is the Sunco one since they already made that one in game.

Ohhh that would be nice to have in game. Share it with us for sure :)

KRaZyAmmo

WIP so far. busy doing the decal work first (all of them may not be entirely accurate). Still got Rays, Gram Lights, JP Turbo, Ogura Clutch, Rocket Bunny, Black Nichei, Nichei Racing Team, Greddy, and Tomei decals to do.

edit: the decal above is finished. Still got that long list of decals to make.

Strootman

Damn, the super cars cost so much. How am I supposed to gain credits easily in order to buy them?

I always have like 200k or 300k max when expanding a festival and those cars cost 1-2 milion credits or even more.

Damn, the super cars cost so much. How am I supposed to gain credits easily in order to buy them?

I always have like 200k or 300k max when expanding a festival and those cars cost 1-2 milion credits or even more.

Just play and enjoy the game, those cars will come in time.

Don't worry about it, you'll start getting super- and hypercars for free at some point down the line.

daninthemix

So I really don't enjoy any of the Bucket List events, and there seems to be so many of them.

Will I be able to continue expanding the festival without them?

I just enjoy the straight races (exhibition and championship).

So I really don't enjoy any of the Bucket List events, and there seems to be so many of them.

I think it is just based off XP form what I remember.

Yes you can expand without bucketlist. Expansion is based on number of fans you get.

mclem

Heads up: Buried in among the Amazon Prime Day stuff is Blizzard Mountain for £8 and Hot Wheels for £9.50. Not a huge saving, but the first one I've seen on Hot Wheels.

Bucket list events are like any other event, they give you fans to expand the sites, so you definitely can ignore them and just focus on events/races.

Just picked up FH3 on PC. Is there any cars I should be looking out for to snipe on the auction house? Am I correct in saying that the horizon edition cars are only obtained from spins?

Ramzy

Anyone running into far too many modded 1000kW JDM hyper cars?

My personal preference is racing A spec cars as they're just more interesting, fun, and skill based, but lately in every session i keep getting invited into open class races where everyone and their dog is driving rocket ships with wheels (that can barely hold a straight line or take a corner -- but that doesn't matter because on a straight they'll just catch up again).

Still love FH3, but Forza 7 can't come soon enough.

Fox Mulder

Anyone running into far too many modded 1000kW JDM hyper cars?

My personal preference is racing A spec cars as they're just more interesting, fun, and skill based, but lately in every session i keep getting invited into open class races where everyone and their dog is driving rocket ships with wheels (that can barely hold a straight line or take a corner -- but that doesn't matter because on a straight they'll just catch up again).

Still love FH3, but Forza 7 can't come soon enough.

Online is completely about power. Most of the courses in the game are on long and wide roads and don't need great handling. People online fly into 90 degree turn walls at full speed and then accelerate out of it faster than you can take it braking properly.

You wont even be competitive online in lower classes if you aren't running tunes.

Ramzy

Online is completely about power. Most of the courses in the game are on long and wide roads and don't need great handling. People online fly into 90 degree turn walls at full speed and then accelerate out of it faster than you can take it braking properly.

You wont even be competitive online in lower classes if you aren't running tunes.

Yeah i get that, that's what i'm complaining about. I spend hours tuning my car trying really hard to find a good balance between power and handling, but it seems like everyone else i'm running into just blindly installs all the most powerful modifications then jumps online.

Can't drive straight? Struggling to maintain control under acceleration? Turning radius of a small village? Wheel spin at any speed? Doesn't matter, just slam into the wall and accelerate in the right direction at 100% throttle and you'll win.

The other issue is the car physics and FH3's unwillingness to completely to flip/launch cars that drive top speed into solid objects -- maybe if drifting at 190MPH into a solid wall flipped your car and sent it hurtling toward the moon, it would force people to take a bit more care -- but that's another discussion entirely.

I just want good clean races man :(

Yeah i get that, that's what i'm complaining about. I spend hours tuning my car trying really hard to find a good balance between power and handling, but it seems like everyone else i'm running into just blindly installs all the most powerful modifications then jumps online.

Can't drive straight? Struggling to maintain control under acceleration? Turning radius of a small village? Wheel spin at any speed? Doesn't matter, just slam into the wall and accelerate in the right direction at 100% throttle and you'll win.

The other issue is the car physics and FH3's unwillingness to completely to flip/launch cars that drive top speed into solid objects -- maybe if drifting at 190MPH into a solid wall flipped your car and sent it hurtling toward the moon, it would force people to take a bit more care -- but that's another discussion entirely.

I just want good clean races man :(

If you race clean in online adventures you'll win no matter how low you place in each race.

Noobcraft

So I revisited FH2 briefly and it looks like a couple of my designs got a lot of activity. It seems like it takes a ton of downloads to have a design hit professional status, and even more for elite status. One of my designs had like 6k DLs, and the other like 26k.

Lunar FC

I'm an idiot and just considered cashing out for a Ford GT40 Mark II since I wasn't close to having the in-game money for it and it being my favorite car of all time. I check the prices for their paid currency and it would of costed me ~$70. The fuck is that trash.

Least100Seraphs

Neo Member
Thanks to zorbs for the approval to join the GAF club :) (Seraphcon V)

Just picked up FH3 and having fun so far.

I was looking at the xbox.com website and it says that FH3 VIP is 75% off at the moment but whenever I look at the store on my XB1 it doesn't seem to show a cheaper price, any ideas?

Also I've noticed that the game randomly will hitch up and pause for a fraction of a second, and then from time to time, will simply freeze and crash to the XB1 dash. Any way to fix that?

Anyway, time to go win a Jag XJ220HE, so see you out there!

xrnzaaas

zorbsie

For those looking, the very first bucket list event with the nomad ends in the rainforest. Quick event to get some wheel spins this forzathon.

Noobcraft

Damn, online is funnier than I thought it would be. So far I've been playing only offline, because I had no reason to play online to be honest. Now I had to do those playground games to get the Viper so I went and tried the adventure mode. Did two full sets (4+4) and I loved it, first one was A cars with cross country, and many people went with road cars (including me). It was fun to see a truck running away from sport cars during the water segments, only to lose at the rest of the track.

Second one was a proper Playground Games playlist, with B cars. I told myself I wouldn't do the same mistake and chose a rally car. Perfect, only one guy (level 800+) had something similar, everyone else had sports cars/retro classics, and all the games were in the sand with water, so it was a walk in the park. Winning King with just 1 more second than the second place (the 800+ guy) was a huge thrill.

I wish I had more people to play lower stuff like this, soon after the room chose S1 stuff and it became boring tbh.
D class is the best class in the game, followed by C class. This is also true for the Motorsport series.

daninthemix

Just to confirm - the stats are bullshit, right?

Because I have a Countach that has a 10 for braking, but the stopping distance feels like its about six miles.

Least100Seraphs

Neo Member
So I'm really into this game at the moment, it seems!
I've done most of the singleplayer content, and I'm trying to buy as many HE cars as I can.

While playing FH3 I've been reading up on it and I've apparently missed out on some things.
The big ones are 2 barn finds. I know I can buy the cars from the auction house, but I'd like to -do- the barn finds, as well.
There's also smaller stuff like the horns (meh) and some other car giveaways (which I assume I can buy from auction house).

Is there any word on the chances of these barn finds coming back?

Also, what are FH and FH2 like, are they worth picking up, and do they similarly suffer the fate of content that was released for a limited time and is no longer available?

Top Bottom