• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: Vengeance |OT| - The gods are ready to spread the cheeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The premiere was tonight, so the Starz twitter account put some pictures up. Funniest bit was that apparently the crowd booed Asher when he showed up.

pV5Gz.jpg
BgSgD.jpg

CeNgZ.jpg
nPaLv.jpg

tXfl2.jpg
tHAAg.jpg

bJFmS.jpg
EMlst.jpg

hFeOq.jpg

squicken

Please remember to spoiler tag everything until the TV premiere. I hate early premieres b/c I hate having to then wait two weeks

Fuck, I really want to watch the episode, but I also need some sleep. Plus waiting two weeks for the next episode might really suck. Guess I'll sit on it for a little while.

Any hopes of John Hannah returning for any flashbacks? I don't think it's necessary at all, but I wouldn't be opposed to more Batiatus.

Recon

Banned
New Sparty looks kinda skinny. Only complaint, good episode and im already used to him, still miss Andy though.

Spoiler free reaction so don't worry.

Really enjoyed the episode. All of the components of what we like about the series are present in the opener and it pulls it off well IMO. There were also a couple of "oh shit!" moments too so don't think it plays it safe.

Liam was enjoyable as Spartacus and I think he will do good service where Andy left off. And damn his eyes are dreamy.

AcciDante

Really enjoyed the episode. All of the components of what we like about the series are present in the opener and it pulls it off well IMO. There were also a couple of "oh shit!" moments too so don't think it plays it safe.

Liam was enjoyable as Spartacus and I think he will do good service where Andy left off. And damn his eyes are dreamy.

Yeah, I loved it. I thought new Spartacus was good, also. I usually don't like the first episodes of the seasons since it's usually all the cheese without the substance, but this one was good.

I'm pumped for more!

I just finished watching season 1 for the first time the other day on Netflix. Then I just found out yesterday that Andy was dead. :( ( yeah I'm lttp )

Haven't watched the prequel yet (ordered the disc on Netflix). But I'm thinking I might subscribe to Starz to watch season 2 since it doesn't seem like it will be on Netflix any time in the near future.

Wrayfield

I just finished watching season 1 for the first time the other day on Netflix. Then I just found out yesterday that Andy was dead. :( ( yeah I'm lttp )

Haven't watched the prequel yet (ordered the disc on Netflix). But I'm thinking I might subscribe to Starz to watch season 2 since it doesn't seem like it will be on Netflix any time in the near future.

I was just wondering, didn't want to spoil it for myself, but is the story of the series finished? What with the protagonist dying in real life :( It's pretty much the only thing that keeps me from watching it. A quick no-spoiler info would be great, thanks folks.

Clevinger

I was just wondering, didn't want to spoil it for myself, but is the story of the series finished? What with the protagonist dying in real life :( It's pretty much the only thing that keeps me from watching it. A quick no-spoiler info would be great, thanks folks.

No, the story isn't finished yet. They recast the protagonist and continued on (and made a prequel series called Gods of the Arena, which you should watch after you see the first season of this show).

Wrayfield

No, the story isn't finished yet. They recast the protagonist and continued on.

Thanks, that will do for me. Just hate interesting stories interrupted because a show is cancelled. In this case, I would kind of understand, can't really blame anyone for the protagonist getting ill :(

So I'm gonna watch season 1 now.

Raiden

Banned
No, the story isn't finished yet. They recast the protagonist and continued on (and made a prequel series called Gods of the Arena, which you should watch after you see the first season of this show).

Yes, and dont be like me. Thinking allright i'll watch the prequel first. They show everything but i do mean absolutely everything in a 15 seconds flashback from Blood and Sand. I litterally said ... wut? Then i checked IMDB and yeah oops.

Wrayfield

Yes, and dont be like me. Thinking allright i'll watch the prequel first. They show everything but i do mean absolutely everything in a 15 seconds flashback from Blood and Sand. I litterally said ... wut? Then i checked IMDB and yeah oops.

Great, that would've been my second question. Thanks for the heads-up, and sorry to hear you spoilered yourself...

Edit: Should also read entire sentences. Guess I got smacked over my head too much in the arena, eh? Double warning was good, thanks Clevinger and Raiden.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Spoiler free impressions on first episode.

Guy who replaced Andy is the least intimidating looking guy ever. Looks like he had 2 months to lift weights for the first time in his life right before filming started or something. Looks like a guy who would get manhandled by John Hannah let alone anyone prepared for a fight.

Edit: In the workout video linked above it looks like Mira would beat him in an arm wrestling match lmao.

Guy who replaced Andy is the least intimidating looking guy ever. Looks like he had 2 months to lift weights for the first time in his life right before filming started or something. Looks like a guy who would get manhandled by John Hannah let alone anyone prepared for a fight.

Agreed, but he handled the role well in the first episode and I'm cautiously optimistic whereas I was quite doubtful before watching it.

The episode starts a bit on the ridiculously fast side of things but stabilizes as the various plot pieces are placed on the board.

Al-ibn Kermit

What I got from the premiere is that this show is still awesome.

I didn't really notice that but I wasn't really observing his muscle tone. I'm actually very surprised how similar his and Andy's faces look though.

LuchaShaq

Banned
What I got from the premiere is that this show is still awesome.

I didn't really notice that but I wasn't really observing his muscle tone. I'm actually very surprised how similar his and Andy's faces look though.

It's just hard to take a guy seriously when he looks too skinny to even play highschool football let alone be the greatest gladiator/lead a rebellion.

Al-ibn Kermit

It's just hard to take a guy seriously when he looks too skinny to even play highschool football let alone be the greatest gladiator/lead a rebellion.

I mean, this is a show where you see blood and tits everywhere. It's kind of hard to notice how big a guy's biceps are.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I mean, this is a show where you see blood and tits everywhere. It's kind of hard to notice how big a guy's biceps are.

What can I say, if god forbid lucy Lawless died and they replaced her with am ugly woman with tiny breasts it would be distracting and downright silly just as this is.

Hobs

Neo Member
Damn, the premiere was pretty awesome. I think the new guy does a good job for the role, I know Andy would've been better but at least now we can have the show continue.

It makes sense though, because people who had to lead a rebellion did not have the time to consume 5000 calories and workout several hours a day.

LuchaShaq

Banned
It makes sense though, because people who had to lead a rebellion did not have the time to consume 5000 calories and workout several hours a day.

IF you want to go that route you can't have him surrounded by warriors and even women who all look like they would whoop his ass.

fanboi

Banned
This and Vampire Diaries starting
Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

Monocle

Nailed it, except for the bit about Liam. He's weak-looking and uncharismatic. The show had flawless casting until Andy died. It's obvious that this season is going to rock anyway, though. S2E1 has some great twists and sets the foundations for lots more delicious intrigue.

IF you want to go that route you can't have him surrounded by warriors and even women who all look like they would whoop his ass.

You mean like Gannicus?

Dude's on the scrawny/not very built side and he destroys all. It's rarely about size, it's more about fighting ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom