• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spartacus: Vengeance |OT| - The gods are ready to spread the cheeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naevia part deux sucks. Horrible pouting, uncontrollable person.

Older and wiser naevia is sorely missed.

lesley-ann-brandt.jpg
: P~

She is sorely missed.

hwalker84

The new Naevia is a different person not just a change of actor.

She's gone from losing her virginity to Crixus and being in love too being raped as sport for all the rich men in the area, to being beat and raped in the mines.

I think she's portrayed the pain and suffering well.

Recon

Banned
I dont mind the new spartacus. But I have to be honest, every time he makes some kind of speech, I just imagine Andy saying those words in my head and it is so much better.

oktarb

Make speech that we're no better than the Romans if we leave Neivea to her doom. Mount rescue to prove our humanity. Leave every other mine worker behind because there are too many. Hope that slaves flock to our cause.

_Isaac

She probably wouldn't be receiving so much negative feedback from you guys if they had her doing regular Nivea things. Here she's been through a lot, and she has to play the role of the trauma victim, and it's just completely different from what that character did before. She pretty much is a different person.

She probably wouldn't be receiving so much negative feedback from you guys if they had her doing regular Nivea things. Here she's been through a lot, and she has to play the role of the trauma victim, and it's just completely different from what that character did before. She pretty much is a different person.

This is true; she's not the same anymore. I was still shaking my head as she got people killed though.

and how come both the black guys had to die first lol

This is true; she's not the same anymore. I was still shaking my head as she got people killed though.

and how come both the black guys had to die first lol

It makes me feel better remembering Onameus' role. He'll represent.

Although finding that shit out about his wife will probably lead to some beef with Gannicus when he shows up.

Wray

I counted as least three black dudes getting killed during my rewatch. The dreaded one was Forton. Others had no names I dont think.

Also, Ilithyia is still my goddess. DAT SWORD!

twdnewh_k

This season has been great so far.
My excitement for what happens next gets more and more as I watch every episode.

And i guess I kind of got used to the new Spartacus, was really worried about the transition

fanboi

Banned
Regarding whos the best fighter...

I would say Spartacus in his current form and mentality... he is unstoppable, just look at what the Syrian said...

EDIT: Allthough, Gannicus will be a intresting fight... YES THEY HAVE TO FIGHT SINCE WHO IS OTHERWISE TOP DOG

the biggest problem with the new neivea is that shes not very attractive

Complaining that a woman isnt attractive when she is playing a heavily traumatized person who has been through slave labour for months is the stupidest thing you can imagine. Stop objectifying women you dumb nerds.

New episode tonight:
Libertus

Spartacus leads a bold mission to free Crixus from Roman captivity, but a storied gladiator from the House of Batiatus complicates matters. Ilithyia’s scheming puts her marriage to Glaber at risk
Sounds like a good one.
James Hibberd @ EW.com said:
Big episode of 'Spartacus' tonight ...
an arena scene to end all arena scenes...

Fezan

really liking the season but new spartcus feels as a side chracter to me...not going to lie now i want the man chratcer to be gannicus.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Wow... this season got a whole lot better. This episode really made me cheer for Glaber even though I hate the guy; he's officially on the cool list now. Actually, this episode really solidified Glaber AND Spartacus as the two head honchos for me. There were doubts before, but those are long gone now.

Naevia part deux sucks. Horrible pouting, uncontrollable person.

Older and wiser naevia is sorely missed.

lesley-ann-brandt.jpg

Man she is beautiful, I do miss her a lot

Didn't know what to think of this season without Batiatous but so far it has been better than I expected, really good.

Derwind

This was a serious episode.... damn....
Gannicus being back was pretty great.

And I was pleasantly surprised with Gaius, I didn't think I could like him as a villain but he pulled it off...

Ashur was subtle but he did his job, by putting the gears in motion....

This episode was 10/10...

The Gannicus/Oenomaus showdown is to be continued... I'm sure once he's conscious he's going to want to rip Gannicus's throat out....

Drazgul

I think if you google images of cynthia addai-robinson you'll find that isn't the problem.

Still not in the same league as Leslie Ann-Brandt.

v v Agreed, I bet Leslie would look better all dirtied up and crying than Cynthia would all pampered up.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Complaining that a woman isnt attractive when she is playing a heavily traumatized person who has been through slave labour for months is the stupidest thing you can imagine. Stop objectifying women you dumb nerds.

her character is constantly referenced to in the story as being a hawtie. im well aware shes had to put on a crying face and i wouldnt say anything like this if i thought the actress would hear it in real life but i think she has an unattractive face and it goes against the role, sue me.

edit: oh shit, new episode, i need to get on that

Great episode, though the sfx shots of the
crowds falling
were kinda horrible and made me laugh everytime they showed it on screen.

Watching this show, I'm starting to pick up that "absent phrase", I want to use it in real life. Like:

"sword absent edge"

"fight absent plan"

"fuck absent regard to pleasing woman"

It should be a new meme.

CyReN

WOWOWOW Just finished, best episode in the series by far for me. Wasn't sure if they could manage after Andy, some other casting differences etc but everything in that episodes connected perfectly. Can't wait for next week.

her character is constantly referenced to in the story as being a hawtie. im well aware shes had to put on a crying face and i wouldnt say anything like this if i thought the actress would hear it in real life but i think she has an unattractive face and it goes against the role, sue me.

edit: oh shit, new episode, i need to get on that

Dude...this average picture of her says that she can be damn hot. Remember how beat up Nivia looked when they dragged her ass off at the end of season one.

New girl in average shot.
cynthia_addai-robinson2.jpg

LOL at it taking 5 episodes for a good Spartacus episode to show up. Loved tonight. Something the rest of the season can build on. Heck, even the new Nivia was looking better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom