• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameblog outs CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 2 in Amazon FR listing, now blacklisted by ATVI.

Einbroch

Banned
So Amazon FR fucks up, and Gameblog gets blacklisted?...

This has got to be ilegal right? Blackmailing for censorship?

Illegal? No. They can give access to whoever they want for whatever reasons they want, unless they have a contract of some kind, and even that probably has clauses that say they can terminate for stuff like this.

Stupid? Absolutely.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
oDh93.jpg

Ooccoo

This need to be on every frontpage. If you let Activision France ruin it for Gameblog the publisher will just use this as an example to make anyone shut the fuck up when they want. Publishers shouldn't be allowed to dictate the content of videogaming websites.

It seems I have enjoyed the Treyarch games more then the MW/IF games lately.

Bring it on!

4 player Zombies!!!!! is so much better then 2 player survival.

Haunted

Would be hilarious if IGN or Gamespot picked up this story. Would Activision have to blacklist them? No way.
Activision wouldn't have to blacklist them because they'd comply with Activision asking them to take it down (if they would even run the article in the first place).

Journalistic integrity is pretty rare among videogame sites. Again, respect to gameblog.fr for sticking to their story in this issue.

salromano

How do you blacklist a blog for reporting on an Amazon listing? If you were smart, you would not care at all. Now everyone knows it's real.

Good going, Gameblog.

Why? Blops 2. Why??

Cause it was a damn fun SP game and I loved the (even anachronistic as hell) variance of non MW type weapons. It was a pretty fun game. I've always felt WaW and BLOPs have very underrated SP.

That said Sam Worthingtion needs to learn how to do a damn American accent or just not slip into his Aussie one!

Hey You

It isn't like they leaked anything, blacklisting them completely is a little overkill Acti.

I just want info on BLOPS 2 now plz.

itsgreen

Good for those French guys to stand by their opinions.

Tough territory and choice tough, they should just seek some mainstream attention

Eurogamer and Gamespot are both reporting it now, so this story is starting to pick up.

I see it on Eurogamer, where is it on Gamespot?

I'm glad this story is starting to pick up.

edit: Ah, there it is. Gamespot is even asking Activision for comment? Ohohoho, shit is hitting the fan.

...oh no, now they will have to buy COD to review it. Too bad.

Buying the game is not the problem for them. The problem is they won't have a review ready for release day, which is death for a video game site.

It's dumb and I wish sites would collude to wait a couple of days for more considered reviews, but that's just the way it is. Being first gets you the most hits, and being last gets you nothing.

Yay..another CoD4 styled game..who would have guessed?
to clarify that Im not trolling, I own CoD4, MW2 and Black Ops. Im just sick of how they all feel like the same thing with different kill streaks and perks.

I think the real news here is how Activision is handling the apparent reporting of news. If Amazon did in fact accidentally leak the info then they should be mad at them, not the blog reporting the news.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
They are asked not to come to the Transformers press event scheduled next week, all advertising campaigns have been cancelled, and they've been informed that they'll no longer be receiving review copies of any upcoming game.

So then Gameblog can rent or purchase a copy of Blops2 and give it a really shit score just for shits and giggles. ;)

xHAASx

Banned
Yay..another CoD4 styled game..who would have guessed?
to clarify that Im not trolling, I own CoD4, MW2 and Black Ops. Im just sick of how they all feel like the same thing with different kill streaks and perks.

I think the real news here is how Activision is handling the apparent reporting of news. If Amazon did in fact accidentally leak the info then they should be mad at them, not the blog reporting the news.

It's bound to be first-class.

Plasmid

Throwaway relationship with activision over black ops 2 :lol.

I guess it'll be interesting, what would the story detail?

Would be hilarious if IGN or Gamespot picked up this story. Would Activision have to blacklist them? No way.

Hell, for that matter let this blacklist story hit kotaku, giant bomb, ALL the major outlets. Let it hit the gaming rags. Gaming Journalism won't ever have any integrity if companies flagrantly blacklist and nothing is done about it. Put 'em on the spot like what happened with DNF.

Barry Burton?
Barry, where's Barry?

Anyway I had a little chat with Activision blogger Dan Amrich over Twitter on the subject:

@NeuromancerGAF said:
@OneOfSwords Blacklisting a site for publishing information that was in the public is BS neogaf.com/forum/showpost…
Dan Amrich (@OneOfSwords) said:
@NeuromancerGAF Agreed. Punishing the press for a retailer mistake would be wrong, but I wonder if there is more to the story?
Dan Amrich (@OneOfSwords) said:
@NeuromancerGAF My media background keeps me skeptical until I hear more than one side of the story in pretty much everything.

VASPER

Banned
While this is interesting, black ops 2 IMO is more exciting than MW 3, on paper of course. Will make popcorn and chill.

eh, I don't care for the single player portions in FPS's and the multiplayer is getting worse with each iteration for me, so I can't say I'm hyped for any news regarding CoD at this point.

We (Xboxygen) have also been contacted to pull off our news about it this morning (french time). We said no, and have been "pressured" (is it right in english?) too with somene telling us we could not have any access to future COD informations/events.

It's funny because french customers have received an email from Amazon talking about preordering Call of Duty Black Ops 2.

Top Bottom