• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Launch Trailer.

silva1991

MXaLbQk.gif

lol.

Just woke up. This was a really damn good trailer. I say their best one yet that finally impressed me in terms of editing. No words spoken, just letting the game do all the talking with amazing music.

March is shaping up to be the best month in gaming. Horizon (EU) -> Zelda -> NieR -> Kingdom Hearts.

Actually, this year has been amazing off the bat.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Tuesday is going to be a slow day at work!

Kureransu

Eh, the trailer was cool, but when you have a game that looks as good as horizon, Why bother with rendered movies for the trailer?

It's natural beauty should be the selling point IMO.

Edit: looking again, it may be in engine, but the "not actual gameplay" disclousure really confuses me.

Eh, the trailer was cool, but when you have a game that looks as good as horizon, Why bother with rendered movies for the trailer?

Edit: looking again, it may be in engine, but the "not actual gameplay" disclousure really confuses me.

yeah indeed it is likely in-engine and what not but like those DriveClub environment videos it isn't really gameplay

no dancing tribe man for you

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!

It's in-engine, likely not running in real-time for the sake of draw distances and having all the characters LOD at max detail, there's also the fact that this is basically an animated short instead of say the other trailers where they show at least some slice of gameplay. Hence the disclaimer.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
That was a really well done trailer and not a word of dialogue. Even the marketing for this game has been spot on. That and music is great as ever. Only a few more days!

Happy for Guerilla. This was not easy thing to pull off: getting out of your zone of comfort is an arduous task, and they did it brilliantly. I hope that the game will succeed commercially now that it has gotten a lot of praise from reviewers...

Top Bottom