• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS, I Love You- Greg Miller's new PlayStation Podcast

So much for that digital future, Colin.

I'm joking, sort of
. Nice blog post though.

If you watched the most recent GOG, Colin actually discusses his love of physical books. He said he's been buying his books on digital for a while, but finds the experience hollow and has been reading less because of it. Despite owning certain books on digital already, he said he might just repurchase physical versions of them. Now (as you just did), you can easily make a joke about how he wants an all digital future for video games. I do think there's something different about it when it comes to books. All games, be they digital or physical, are exactly the same experience at the end of the day. But reading with a book in your hand as opposed to an e-reader is wholly different. Personally, I'd rather have both physical and digital (when possible).

I wonder if Jared wrote that one down because of all the stuff that being thrown at Colin on Twitter.

Quite possibly.

If you watched the most recent GOG, Colin actually discusses his love of physical books. He said he's been buying his books on digital for a while, but finds the experience hollow. And that he's been reading less because of it. Despite owning certain books on digital already, he said he might just repurchase physical versions of them. Now (as you just did), you can easily make a joke about how he wants an all digital future for video games. I do think there's something different about it when it comes to books. All games, be they digital or physical, are exactly the same experience at the end of the day. But reading with a book in your hand as opposed to an e-reader is wholly different. Personally, I'd rather have both physical and digital (when possible).

That's a fair argument. I will say though a lot of people get satisfaction from a full bookshelf just like they do from a game collection (I'm one of them).

Servbot24

Banned
That's a fair argument. I will say though a lot of people get satisfaction from a full bookshelf just like they do from a game collection (I'm one of them).

Makes a lot more sense for books honestly, you actually hold those in your hands. And yeah having them on the bookshelf is nice too. Mine is almost full :)

Oh, I agree, but if possible, I love to get physical and digital (digital copies with Blu-Rays rule!). Having said that, with the 8TB external hard drive support coming to PS4, I almost wish I had gone all digital. If they could ever come up with a way for all physical releases to include an extra digital voucher, my excitement would be through the roof!

I think they could find a way to do it without people taking advantage of it (i.e. redeeming the code and selling the disc). My idea is that you would be able to link the disc to your account, which would give you access to the digital version. If you decide to sell the disc to someone (person or store) and the new owner links the disc to their account, you'd be locked out from using the digital version, until you either bought the disc again, or purchase it digitally.

Don't get me wrong I too agree with you and Colin when it comes to books. Reading on a tablet is such a pain in the ass, especially if it decides to run out of battery when the story is just getting good. I've never bought a single book that wasn't made of paper.

I also agree with Dangansona, looking at books or games on shelves just makes you feel all warm inside. My 'study'
It's just a room with shelves, TV and a chair ;)
is set up with old to new books on one wall and old to new games on the other sorted alphabetically per genre and console. That contrast between old and new is just a sight to behold.

Tjamato88

Good episode so far. The only thing I know they got wrong because I watched the video is the Nier trophy thing. The game auto saves after you buy a trophy so you couldn't just reload your save like they were saying.

Mezoly

It's not a big deal, but I really didn't want to know the miss-able trophy description. People who are doing Horizon media blackout might want to skip that part.

After Mass Effect, there is Persona 5.

Excellent discussion as usual. Great points about the state of Sony and Microsoft in the video games industry. Colin as usual is a great balance to Greg because he legit gives no fucks and will call things as he sees them.

ST2K

Good episode so far. The only thing I know they got wrong because I watched the video is the Nier trophy thing. The game auto saves after you buy a trophy so you couldn't just reload your save like they were saying.

Step 1: Backup your save to the Cloud/Flash Drive.
Step 2: Buy your trophy(s).
Step 3: Delete save.
Step 4: Reload old save.
Step 5: Go back to Step 2 until you have a Platinum.

Auto-saving is an easily avoidable obstacle.

After Mass Effect, there is Persona 5.

Also this. It's understandable Colin would forget because he's not a fan, but Greg? Tsk tsk, He should have his fan card revoked.

Mezoly

Also this. It's understandable Colin would forget because he's not a fan, but Greg? Tsk tsk, He should have his fan card revoked.

I think they forgot because they already have Persona 5 for while. Me and others on Facebook were speculating that they have it already. Greg said he was playing a game that is far out that has dialog options. On game scoop Vince Ingenito said he is playing a game he can't talk about and Ryan said "why isn't it out in other regions".

Liamc723

"It's like me, I'm not wrong more than once or twice a year. But you have to remind me of the times that I'm wrong so we really build up the times that I'm right."

Ugghh, jesus fucking christ.

ST2K

I think they forgot because they already have Persona 5 for while. Me and others on Facebook were speculating that they have it already. Greg said he was playing a game that is far out that has dialog options. On game scoop Vince Ingenito said he is playing a game he can't talk about and Ryan said "why isn't it out in other regions".

I would be actively upset if the game is in a ready enough state for Atlus to give it out in February, what with the delay and everything.

Not sure I buy it though. Their behavior with other games doesn't seem to fit with the scenario of them having P5.

pmunk

"It's like me, I'm not wrong more than once or twice a year. But you have to remind me of the times that I'm wrong so we really build up the times that I'm right."

He was clearly joking and nodding at the criticisms.

That guy has the knives out for Colin and doesn't have a good word to say about KF. No idea why he continues to visit the thread.

I think if you put your mind to it, you can come up with at least one reason he's still visiting this thread. And no, it does not involve gaining more tips on proper wiping techniques.

The joke -> .

You -> .

Come on lol.

Anyway it was a good episode this week. I'm curious to see what comes of their so much foreshadowed dev trophy list consulting services. Not gonna lie, I don't usually go for trophies because 9/10 they are actual work. If I get a compelling list that makes me squeeze even if just 1 or 2 more hours of playtime and it's fun, I'm all for it.

Servbot24

Banned
Anyway it was a good episode this week. I'm curious to see what comes of their so much foreshadowed dev trophy list consulting services. Not gonna lie, I don't usually go for trophies because 9/10 they are actual work. If I get a compelling list that makes me squeeze even if just 1 or 2 more hours of playtime and it's fun, I'm all for it.

I do think the Platinum trophy should be only for players that really mastered the game, definitely should not be easy or something you get in a couple hours. But at the same time, it shouldn't be completely tedious.

Wow, people are really going nuts about that Geoff Keighley tweet. If I were to assume, it's simply a misprinted lanyard. Geoff is not the other Kinda Funny hire*. They were hiring an editor, not a producer. The tone of Greg's response (in my mind) confirms it. I think a lot of people are taking it too seriously (people... on the internet... taking something too seriously!? WOW!)

*I'd be happy to be wrong.

Mezoly

Wow, people are really going nuts about that Geoff Keighley tweet. If I were to assume, it's simply a misprinted lanyard. Geoff is not the other Kinda Funny hire*. They were hiring an editor, not a producer. The tone of Greg's response (in my mind) confirms it. I think a lot of people are taking it too seriously (people... on the internet... taking something too seriously!? WOW!)

It seems clear to me that it is a joke.

j_rocca42

I haven't heard this. They hired someone and people think it's keighley? Was there twitter backlash?

I haven't heard this. They hired someone and people think it's keighley? Was there twitter backlash?

At GDC, Geoff posted a picture of a lanyard, which read Geoff Keighley, Producer, Kinda Funny. As it was a funny mistake, he posted a pic of it and sent it to Greg, saying he was happy to be aboard. People didn't realize it was a joke (created due to a mistake). Greg, then replied saying they'd dock his pay for not showing up to work yet. Even with Greg's tweet, people still thought it was real.

At GDC, Geoff posted a picture of a lanyard, which read Geoff Keighley, Producer, Kinda Funny. As it was a funny mistake, he posted a pic of it and sent it to Greg, saying he was happy to be aboard. People didn't realize it was a joke (created due to a mistake). Greg, then replied saying they'd dock his pay for not showing up to work yet. Even with Greg's tweet, people still thought it was real.

The downside of having lots of new 14 year old fans via Youtube. Not the best at detecting obvious jokes.

Icolin

Banned
New episode is up:

PS4 or Xbox One: Your "Exclusives" Machine (PS I Love You XOXO Ep. 77)

A viewer says that he -- and the majority of gamers -- use their PS4 solely for Sony exclusives. Could this be true? Greg and Colin discuss. (Released 03.07.17)

Link: https://youtu.be/dFZeKWGZyJE

Also, this episode's got a bit of Colin and Kevin banter about sweatshirts, which is always a good time.

Jmille99

New episode is up:

Also, this episode's got a bit of Colin and Kevin banter about sweatshirts, which is always a good time.

Havent listened to it yet, but is this seriously a question? Arent most 3rd party games seeing higher sales on the PS4 compared to X1?

Seems like such an easy thing to prove or disprove.

Havent listened to it yet, but is this seriously a question? Arent most 3rd party games seeing higher sales on the PS4 compared to X1?

Seems like such an easy thing to prove or disprove.
The masses certainly buy more third party games on PS4 but I guess this is concerning people like us who post on message boards and/or listen/watch PS I Love You. I still think you're right though.

killroy87

New episode is up:

I'm sure they're in the minority, but I have a friend that does just this. The last two games he played on PS4 were Uncharted and Horizon.

Xbox is where he's built a friends list and a foundation. It is what it is, he's allowed.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Colin was ON FUCKING POINT here with the discussion about the recent article concerning Horizon and its use of some words that riled people. Couldn't have said it better.

SamNW

Colin was ON FUCKING POINT here with the discussion about the recent article concerning Horizon and its use of some words that riled people. Couldn't have said it better.
I suppose I'll have to listen to know for sure, but I have my doubts. He made an ass of himself on Twitter the other day over it.

J-Skee

I'm sure they're in the minority, but I have a friend that does just this. The last two games he played on PS4 were Uncharted and Horizon.

Xbox is where he's built a friends list and a foundation. It is what it is, he's allowed.

Most of my friends who play games do this. They only have the PS4 for exclusives & anytime a major 3rd party multiplayer game comes out, they always ask me if I'm ready to buy an Xbox One. I have nothing against the Xbox, but none of the exclusives have ever grabbed me. Not only that, but coming from PS3, I just wanted to stay in the ecosystem. It's a miracle I got them to play Rocket League & on the PS4, as they were very much anti-PlayStation during the X360/PS3 days. Now one of them wants to sell his PS4 because he doesn't see himself playing it anymore & another hasn't logged on in months.

TL;DR: I need new friends lol.

That Horizon conversation made me just as agitated as that conversation about not being able to identify with Alloy as a character because she's female. Who are these people?!?!?! Someone on this planet actually exists that has an issue with the terms "brave" and "savage" in a fictional future with robot dinosaurs where virtually every nationality is represented?!?!?!

colbert_facepalm.gif

Mezoly

Other than Colin and Greg, does any one actually think PS+ games are the same quality as they were when online wasn't forced during the PS3 era?

In my opinion, it's not even close. Maybe having Vita is what clouding their judgement.

Wow. Colin is really the biggest piece of garbage in the gaming industry. Zero sense of empathy. "Women and Native Americans can stand up for themselves. Why should white people have to worry about what offends other people?". That's the crux of his argument. I understand that Colin's bullshit alt right racist agenda is good for ratings, but until Greg cuts him loose, I think their channel/programming will be associated with his clearly right wing view points, and I really don't think that will help any of them in the long run.

Why can't he ever just excuse himself from a conversation that doesn't pertain to him? Just say "Hey, I can't understand the worldview of our Native American listeners, so I won't pretend that I know what I'm talking about on this issue", and leave it at that. (That's my stance on the issue). I'm not saying that he should be offended. I'm not saying that he's wrong about the fact that he is a white guy with no empathy, but he's driven that point home enough. Just leave it. Or at least say, "I disagree" and leave it there, but to press the issue the way it does it belittling to people in a less privileged position than his own and really reflects poorly on all of Kinda Funny.

Alright...I'll take the beating here. I had to get that out though. And I'm only halfway through the News segment, so maybe at some point during the episode Colin becomes a decent person, but I'm not counting on it.

Corpsepyre

Banned
That Horizon conversation made me just as agitated as that conversation about not being able to identify with Alloy as a character because she's female. Who are these people?!?!?! Someone on this planet actually exists that has an issue with the terms "brave" and "savage" in a fictional future with robot dinosaurs where virtually every nationality is represented?!?!?!

colbert_facepalm.gif

Yes, it was utterly stupid, and I'm glad people are calling that article out on that. GG should have given a more scathing reply as well.

Top Bottom