• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda has gone gold

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Combat looks good, but the companions look a bit ehhh so far and not enough new races for me. But im really cautiously excited for this. loved ME2&3 and replying KOTOR 1&2 has made me desperate for a space opera.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Looking forward to playing it, going to be a long month.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
More excited for this than Zelda, and I'm a Zelda man.

lazerfox

Why does ME3 and DA:I get so much shit on GAF? They're not the best game in their franchise but nonetheless pretty good games.

Can't wait to explore Andromeda and get lost in the world.

Tovarisc

Why does ME3 and DA:I get so much shit on GAF? They're not the best game in their franchise but nonetheless pretty good games.

ME3's ending overshadowed everything else in the game.

DAI has Hinterlands.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

EA/Bioware is to partly blame. A lot of the best parts of ME3 are DLC. The price of the DLC didn't go down too often it seems. ME2 had DLC too but the main game still felt complete. Whereas ME3 literally ended with "continue your adventure in downloadable content".

Also I suspect a number of folks did not play ME3 multiplayer that much, if at all.

Zukkoyaki

ME3 = salt about the ending and aspects of the story

DA:I = MMO style gameplay structure in a single player game

Both really are good games despite their flaws. I think a good chunk of us that still enjoy Bioware games are just tired of trying to defend those two or just no longer see the point in doing so given the vitriol some posters have for them.

lazerfox

DAI has Hinterlands.

Yeah the game starts really slow but after you leave the Hinterlands the game is great.

EA/Bioware is to partly blame. A lot of the best parts of ME3 are DLC. The price of the DLC didn't go down too often it seems. ME2 had DLC too but the main game still felt complete. Whereas ME3 literally ended with "continue your adventure in downloadable content".

Also I suspect a number of folks did not play ME3 multiplayer that much, if at all.

Well that'd maybe explain why I liked ME3 more than others. I played it 2 years or so after release with all the DLC and the extended ending. Leaving Javik out was the dumbest idea ever.

I hope Bioware learned from their stupid mistakes and gets DLC right this time.

There.

But they obviously need to care at least a little to even post in the thread.

I'm really excited for it, that's why I posted. I was pointing out that outside the GAF bubble, everybody I know has barely mentioned this. All their hype has been for Horizon:

Nodnol

Hype intensifies.

Nearly done with ME2, then it's on to 3 in preparation for Andromeda.

Haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.

Retrofluxed

I think a good chunk of us that still enjoy Bioware games are just tired of trying to defend those two or just no longer see the point in doing so given the vitriol some posters have for them.

Yup, I've been straight up told I was wrong for enjoying DA:I.

Shoeless

Hype intensifies.

Nearly done with ME2, then it's on to 3 in preparation for Andromeda.

Haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.

I hope EA start feeling lazy and greedy at some point and leave the "moral high ground" to put out a Mass Effect trilogy remaster for the PS4 and Xbox One. I played the original ME on the Xbox 360, but finished up the series on the PS3, so I'd be totally down with replaying the whole thing--assuming DLC is included--with Pro tweaks if they have it.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
https://twitter.com/bioware/status/835217802755715072

2786916-4yuup.gif

havent heard anything from mass effect til now...might get it...

_woLf

I loved ME1, 2 and 3 (minus 3's ending, that is) and I loved Dragon Age Inquisition.

I'm excited for a new Mass Effect game. But for some reason, Andromeda continues to just not really strike much of a fire for me. I'm going to get it launch day and I'll probably really enjoy it, but something just has felt off. I'm not really sure what.

RAIDEN1

Is it a no-brainer that the PS4 version will end up being technically better than the Xbox-One? Irrespective of what the PC version would be..as I've always brought the previous mass effect games on the 360...

CLBridges

So ready! Going full engineer on first playthrough, as is tradition :)

I need to update my BIOware forum login stuff so I can get in on the multi player discussions, can't wait.

Well, color me surprised. I was still internally tempering my excitement, thinking that it might very well still be delayed, but here we are! Can't be the 21st soon enough.

nubbe

I don't feel it at all
ME 2 & 3 were disappointments
and DA:I was pretty nice, but it dragged on forever in a no fun way.

If they added more meaningful content to DA:I, a longer story and a less crappy villain then I would have no complaints. The Trespasser DLC seems to be well regarded in the community as a very good DLC, taking the DA franchise in a pretty interesting direction. Most of ME3 was good except for the ending. If Trespasser, the last major release from Bioware's writers is any indication, I have a reason to believe that ME:A won't be a bad game. I believe the story will be decent at least.

Wink

Good news! Now Bioware can concentrate fully on rethinking if the DA:I template is viable going forward. I hope I'm wrong, but what I saw from it so far felt like all kinds of generic to me. We'll see.

Lt-47

ME3 = salt about the ending and aspects of the story

DA:I = MMO style gameplay structure in a single player game

Both really are good games despite their flaws. I think a good chunk of us that still enjoy Bioware games are just tired of trying to defend those two or just no longer see the point in doing so given the vitriol some posters have for them.

Pretty much this, there is so much hyperbole around Bioware games. I bought DA2 after years of hearing about "shit mountain" expecting the worst rpg ever... and ended up enjoying it quite a bit. Obviously very flawed but hardly unenjoyable and even kind of impressive given the ridiculously short dev time.

Lister

Banned
Pretty much this, there is so much hyperbole around Bioware games. I bought DA2 after years of hearing about "shit mountain" expecting the worst rpg ever... and ended up enjoying it quite a bit. Obviously very flawed but hardly unenjoyable and even kind of impressive given the ridiculously short dev time.

Well, it was shit mountain to people who had played DA:O and got this instead of anything remotely resembling a proper sequel.

You, coming in years later with tempered expectations, are obviously going to see it in a different light.

And yet, even in that different light, I don't think you can hand wave away the ridiculous repeating areas and caves, the poor pacing, the terrible, railroaded ending, the boring side quests, and the poorly done combat.

Well, it was shit mountain to people who had played DA:O and got this instead of anything remotely resembling a proper sequel.

You coming in years later with tempered expectations are obvisouly going to see it in a different light.

I played DA:O, and bought DA2 at launch too. It's a very flawed game, there's not contesting that. But most of those flaws can be laid squarely at EA's feet in this regard, and what is actually there is was still compelling enough for me to complete it twice.

Lister

Banned
I played DA:O, and bought DA2 at launch too. It's a very flawed game, there's not contesting that. But most of those flaws can be laid squarely at EA's feet in this regard, and what is actually there is was still compelling enough for me to complete it twice.

I don't care who's to blame. EA, god, your momma ;) the end result is the same.

I agree that there was a lot of little things that made it at-least an entertaining game at times. I played through it 1.5 times myself. Hell as a big fanboy of DA:O I was invested in getting some fun out of that game.

But I don't think it's reasonable to dismiss the people with some serious issues with that game.

I don't care who's to blame. EA, god, your momma ;) the end result is the same.

I agree that there was a lot of little things that made it at-least an entertaining game at times. I played through it 1.5 times myself. Hell as a big fanboy of DA:O I was invested in getting some fun out of that game.

But I don't think it's reasonable to dismiss the people with some serious issues with that game.

There's taking issue, and there's what the people Lt-47 was referring to do. I've played some true strinkers in my time, but I don't keep going back to threads about them to complain and whine, and I sure as hell won't ever drop my firm belief that you should judge every game on its own merits.

ReaperXL7

The sales for this could be really interesting. If it sells at a high volume which is possible for Mass Effect. I could see EA moving forward with more subdued marketing campaigns in the future choosing to wait until a few months before release to really open it up to the press.

DAI has Hinterlands.
ME3 has a lot more problems than the ending imo. Stripped down conversations (I could flirt with James or be a bitch but not just a good commander half the time...) poor side quests where just overhearing conversations was enough, don't even interact or anything, poorly implemented book characters, poor use of previous series characters, dull cast of playable characters, poor use of previous choices
(I expected something more to happen with the Rachni among other things).
The entire game just fell kind of flat for me sadly. It wasn't terrible, just not really great. Strangely the multiplayer was the best part and I prefer single player games more often than not.

Still I'm cautiously optimistic for Andromeda and do intend to pick it up near launch. I pre-ordered the side novel to go with it as well XD

Top Bottom