• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Preorder Thread (U.S.)

2 Questions:

1) With Best Buy in-store pickup, will the funds be taken out of the account when it's picked up? Or do you pay there? I have a friend taking my pre-order and I want to make sure he can pick it up as easily as possible. I'm cool with it charging me, I just want to know what to expect.

2) Did Target take any in-store pre-orders (either placed in-store or online) or are all units going to be first-come first-served?

Thanks! #11Days!

I currently have a Switch preordered at two places: One at BestBuy and one at Gamestop.

BestBuy is preferred, because it has free release day shipping vs $15 extra at Gamestop. But I don't trust BestBuy to not randomly cancel my preorder for some reason.

How long do I wait before cancelling the Gamestop order?

spannicus

I currently have a Switch preordered at two places: One at BestBuy and one at Gamestop.

BestBuy is preferred, because it has free release day shipping vs $15 extra at Gamestop. But I don't trust BestBuy to not randomly cancel my preorder for some reason.

I may buy off you if you dont mind. Not sure yet. You still have like 2 weeks right?

Magwik

Banned

GameStop has a known problem of selling pre-orders before the given time frame. But hey as said above there are plenty here willing take buy it from ya

Am_I_Evil

seem to have pre-ordered at the only local best buy NOT opening early/at midnight...kind of annoyed about that...

called to ask about it and got the strangest response "Hi, are you guys doing any kind of early/midnight opening for the switch" "Yeah (here i get excited), this other location is, this one is" "What about you guys, the store i just called" "oh....no" WTF kind of answer is that?

TankRizzo

Banned
2 Questions:

1) With Best Buy in-store pickup, will the funds be taken out of the account when it's picked up? Or do you pay there? I have a friend taking my pre-order and I want to make sure he can pick it up as easily as possible. I'm cool with it charging me, I just want to know what to expect.

2) Did Target take any in-store pre-orders (either placed in-store or online) or are all units going to be first-come first-served?

Thanks! #11Days!

When it's preparing for pick up, you'll be charged. Make sure that you put his name as the pickup person or they won't release it to him

GameStop has a known problem of selling pre-orders before the given time frame. But hey as said above there are plenty here willing take buy it from ya

How much before?

I'm totally open to switching the preorder to someone else, if that's doable. But I'm not going to have enough money in my checking account for two Nintendo Switches.

tommyguns

How much before?

I'm totally open to switching the preorder to someone else, if that's doable. But I'm not going to have enough money in my checking account for two Nintendo Switches.

You have your pre ordered at GameStop? I have 220 dollars in GameStop credit burning a hoel in my pocket. (That I want to use for the switch, but I DONT have a pre order.)

TankRizzo

Banned
Ah, thank you! I'll have to make sure I do that... but how ':)?

Wm5wQ8W.png

Go under the order number and there should be an option to do so.

Fireblend

Banned
I didn't get a good answer before, so I'll ask one last time - should I worry about losing release date delivery if I change my delivery address for an Amazon preorder? I know ymmv but I figured maybe someone had to in this thread and can chime in with their experience.

Magwik

Banned
I didn't get a good answer before, so I'll ask one last time - should I worry about losing release date delivery if I change my delivery address for an Amazon preorder? I know ymmv but I figured maybe someone had to in this thread and can chime in with their experience.

You shouldn't have an issue with that.

Wayoshi

I did this once and it was as smooth as butter, no issues.

OmegaFax

Does anyone have an estimated delivery date for any screen protectors that are supposed to launch on March 3rd?

I went with the cheaper $10 Hori protectors but I'm kind of worried that it won't arrive with any of my other confirmed March 3rd deliveries. There are a few other protector sets already shipping. Should I cancel my Hori order and go with some of the available alternatives?

What's the likelihood of me actually receiving my Switch from Amazon Day 1? They've been good with software releases for me but I've never pre-ordered a console from them before.

What's the likelihood of me actually receiving my Switch from Amazon Day 1? They've been good with software releases for me but I've never pre-ordered a console from them before.

Does it say March 3rd as the estimated delivery date? If so, you'll be getting it on March 3rd. If not, maybe try your luck elsewhere.

Aww fug, finally got a date, and it's 3/7.

Methinks I'll try to nab one in-store on launch day and hopefully cancel my pre-order.

Kaiken

Banned
So the Neon really grew on me especially seeing it in person a few days ago. I'm going to ask around on release night to see if anyone want's to trade for the grey. Wish me luck!

BuggyMike

I pre-ordered mine on the Target website. I know Best Buy has a good record for sending out pre-orders to arrive at launch, but does anyone know how Target deals with this? It'd break my heart if they sent it out right on launch day :'(

psyfi

Banned
Alright, I've decided I'm skipping the midnight launch. Instead I'm gonna wake up around 7:30, cook a nice big breakfast, hop on public transit at around 9am, and get to Best Buy a little before 10am. I'll nerd out on NeoGAF on the ride there, and then play Zelda on the ride back and for the whole rest of the day. :)

PMS341

My Switch + the Special Edition of Breath of the Wild come in on launch day from Amazon. I'm stupid excited.

...however, my Master Edition of Breath of the Wild is shipping from Gamestop, and won't be here until the week after. This is really the one I wanted to open (planned on holding onto/gifting the SE) and play on launch day, but I doubt Gamestop will allow me to upgrade to Day 1 shipping (do they even offer that?). Should I bite the bullet and just open the SE, saving the sealed ME instead? I'm sort of a sucker for Zelda collectibles, and I really want that Master Sword sitting out (even if it isn't perfect). But launch day BotW is more important in the long-run to me.

wvan13

In my rush to get my Switch preordered, I picked the closest Best Buy (which I work at) without realizing they don't do midnight release. That night I was tempted to change it to another one, or get the Neon instead, but I was too terrified that any changes would end up breaking the whole thing.

Oh well. I'll just have to be there when the store opens. Have to wait on Amazon for Zelda and BInding of Isaac anyway, so it doesn't matter too much.

psyfi

Banned
From my experience with midnight releases, I always get home and am too tired to play for more than an hour anyways. I'd rather wake up early the next day and play while I'm actually conscious, haha. But midnight releases are really fun to witness.

I've got a Neon Switch, BotW, a Pro Controller, and a case bundle thing pre-ordered from my local GameStop.
I didn't realize GameStop was offering an extra 50% trade in credit with games toward any Switch games or accessories. Should be able to pay off everything besides the system with that!

I have everything ordered from Best Buy and Amazon.

I'd rather go with Best Buy for Elite credit, but I'm not sure how much to trust their delivery dates.

antonz

Got my Switch preordered for pickup at Midnight at Best Buy so happy for that. Only negative is I have Master Edition Zelda ordered with Amazon so wont get to play untill whenever Delivery is from Amazon on the 3rd. Hopefully UPS doesn't fuck me with an 8pm delivery.

DSPEED

I placed an order for a Pro controller with Amazon the moment they became available. Just got notification I will be receiving it March 7th with Prime 2 day shipping.

So how reliable is shipping with Best Buy in the US? I had to preorder my special edition Zelda from them and my Switch from GameStop, and I hope I get it on Release day.

Maxinas

So how reliable is shipping with Best Buy in the US? I had to preorder my special edition Zelda from them and my Switch from GameStop, and I hope I get it on Release day.

I remember preordering MH4U from them a while back and got the game on release day. I also had Majoras Mask 3d preordered from gamestop and it didn't arrive till 2 days after release.

ZServ

Caved and bought a preorder from a GAFer (GAFfer?), looking forward to it. Also dealing with dread over the idea of being screwed over, but that's on me, not them.

Top Bottom