• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch Previews are coming in

Pif

Banned
d1tzdtvlbohy.jpg

Neoxon

One of the most famous fighting game players. I imagine Nintendo gave him a Switch because they have a big fighting game announced(Arms) and probably two more at some point(Smash, Pokken).
There's also USFII, but that likely won't get much competitive play beyond side tournaments thanks to SFV being the headlining game. I'm also not too sure on how ARMS will fare competitively, but only time will tell.

Almost buckled on my preorder in light of the joycon issues. I was able to track down a pro controller preorder and I guess I'm just going to hope that it doesn't suffer from the same issue, or that if it does it can be solved via software. Very hyped for Zelda and Fast RMX, wish there was more info out there for Fast RMX's online stuff though. Will it have ranked?

Tater

Cancelled my order today. I guess I could have flipped it, but my hope is that someone who really wants one will get it instead.

I'm excited for the platform, but aside from Zelda (which I'll get for the Wii U), there's nothing I want until Splatoon 2 is out, and not much for a while after that. I'm going to wait until they get Virtual Console and other stuff running well, and hopefully get one on Black Friday this year.

I'll probably cave and pick one up if I see one sitting on the shelves, but I'm gonna try and wait a few weeks. I'll see how the launch goes and decide when to get one.

phanphare

Banned
I didn't want to make a new thread, but...

Has anything been said about when we should see the Switch ports of Minecraft and Stardew Valley? These two games are games my daughter wants super bad.

this just made me think

I bet minecraft is going to do really well in Japan on Switch

that shit charts on Wii U and for some reason it just sells no matter what, no matter the platform, no matter how old

ngower

Do we have a definitive answer as to whether or not the JoyCons charge while attached to a docked, off/sleeping Switch?

NimbusD

5 Things You May Not Know About Nintendo Switch – Nintendo Minute Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDSvzDTaFeE

The first one already made me angry. I was literally just hoping that a third party one comes out that's more angled to make the left 'dpad' and right joystick more ergonomic to use. And is he saying that they idtched it because they decided it looked cool like it was a face? Ugh.

Im really hoping for a redesign down the road that places those two elements just a tad closer to the center when vertical.

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member

Most previews say BOTW makes HZD look like a beginners model yet Giant Bomb will give BOTW a lower score than HZD.

Just remember dumb Jeff putting that cartridge in his mouth to remind you how you should value his opinion.

Sushigod7

Ok for some reason I'm just realizing today that when I pick up my Switch on Thursday night at midnight and get home I won't be able to play because I have to charge the joycons while docked. I didn't get a charger grip so wtf are we supposed to do? Get a long USB cable and play in portable mode only. Kind of a bummer certainly not a deal breaker but not as much fun for midnight launch if I can't stay up all night playing on my TV.

Penguin

Ok for some reason I'm just realizing today that when I pick up my Switch on Thursday night at midnight and get home I won't be able to play because I have to charge the joycons while docked. I didn't get a charger grip so wtf are we supposed to do? Get a long USB cable and play in portable mode only. Kind of a bummer certainly not a deal breaker but not as much fun for midnight launch if I can't stay up all night playing on my TV.
I imagine like any tech will come with a slight pre charge

Most previews say BOTW makes HZD look like a beginners model yet Giant Bomb will give BOTW a lower score than HZD.

Just remember dumb Jeff putting that cartridge in his mouth to remind you how you should value his opinion.

Oh good lord. If you are getting this worked up about review scores for a game you already plan to buy then you really, really need to close the browser window , go for a walk, and try and get some perspective.

majik13

Koizumi's comment about the Joycons originally being V shaped is pretty interesting because we saw a patent a few months ago that sounds just like that.

15178984-52ouugu.png

this seems like it would have been more comfortable since it offsets the sticks and buttons, and more ergonomic, but I wonder how it would work, since it would slightly change the directional orientation of the sticks. Maybe that's why they didnt make it. Or they thought it didn't look as slick as the straight vertical grip.

Fitts

Got to hold one of these today. The pro controller is essential in my opinion. (assuming it doesn't have any substantial issues; haven't seen one in person yet) The baby buttons on the Joy Cons are awful. Take them off the tablet and they disappear in your hands -- even smaller than I thought they would be and they feel cheap. Using them as two separate controllers just isn't viable for adults.

As for the tablet it's... a small tablet. Nothing much more to say about it. It feels like it's made well enough.

It's not that deep fam.....

And I'm totally gonna put my Zelda cartridge in my mouth.

He's not even reviewing the game. Dan is. And he was gushing about it during the Beastcast.

anyone heard what the breath of the wild framerate is like on switch?

There are drops in certain cases, dips can happen in activity heavy areas but aren't bad, mostly consistent as no one in the previews complain about it too much. Apparently most of that becomes less frequent once you get out of the Great Plateau and into the rest of the game.

Top Bottom