• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Reddit Rumour probably BS according to press sneak fuck of substantial repute

I have yet to start this "trilogy". Always been interested in Batman but I don't know where to start to be really familiar with its universe.

Just play the games. OR:

-Watch Batman: The Animated Series.
-Watch the Nolan Batman trilogy.

Play the games OR:

-Watch Batman Beyond
-Watch Justice League animated series.

PLAY. THE. GAMES.

Ahasverus

You guys discrediting this leak beacause of the Damian game; remember it was supposedly greenlit LAST JUNE, which means it's 3 years down the line. Remember the last time we got 4 years Batman drought?

We got Origins.

WB should really make a Wonder Woman game with the Batman combat to spice things up though.

dan2026

Being able to play as Batman and Robin sounds good BUT I don't think I want this game.
It sounds too similar to the old games.

And holy fuck shit will they stop cordoning off parts of the city so they don't have to worry about civilians. Its so lazy.

You guys discrediting this leak beacause of the Damian game; remember it was supposedly greenlit LAST JUNE, which means it's 3 years down the line. Remember the last time we got 4 years Batman drought?

We got Origins.

WB should really make a Wonder Woman game with the Batman combat to spice things up though.

The Damian Wayne game was greenlit in 2015, straight after Arkham Knight if I remember correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Ahasverus

Being able to play as Batman and Robin sounds good BUT I don't think I want this game.

And holy fuck shit will they stop cordoning off parts of the city so they don't have to worry about civilians. Its so lazy.
How would they make a functional batmobile with civilans around though.
The Damian Wayne game was greenlit in 2015, straight after Arkham Knight if I remember correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Oh yes, maybe, my bad. Still, it's coming out in 3 years and WB loves the bi-annual release for Arkham games. Maybe this game even offsets the Rocksteady costs.

Wait, are Rocksteady making the Damian game?

Needs to have a nemesis style system to stand out abit . As much as I live arkham knight not sure I am excited to see the same city over again.

Shredderi

This.

BouncyFrag

Would love this. While we are at it get Bluepoint to do a remaster of Origins that tidys up its issues of bugs and combat.

As someone who didn't particularly like Origins (or Knight for that matter), this actually sounds pretty fucking awesome. Batmobile with no tank mode is the right choice, combat reworked for one-on-one encounters is cool, Court of Owls, boss fights, and Joker not being the main character; sounds great.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Arkham Origins is a game that is best described as the game with the highest highs and lowest lows.

I felt it told the best stories, had the best boss fights and overall atmosphere.

In terms of lows, it had a lot of bugs and they made some very frustrating changes to the combat that made it far more tedious. Far too much emphasis on countering and enemies seemed to have their own freeflow mode that caused a lot of cheap hits. I have always suspected that the the combat changes werent totally intentional, but due to the buggy engine they were exacerbated. The combat got far worse as the game went on.

However, in the challenge rooms none of those issues took place and everything felt right.

ehead

I'm in. I enjoyed Origins' new mechanics and story. I look forward to seeing some returning villains (possible Deathstroke, Viper & Shiva) and some new gadgets.

Never played Origins but tbh I'm more interested in what Rocksteady are up to..
Batman AK is still one of my favourite games this gen.

In any case, more Batman is always welcome :)

Edit: although this rumour sounds fake. I mean dropping end game spoilers like that?!

Oh yes, maybe, my bad. Still, it's coming out in 3 years and WB loves the bi-annual release for Arkham games. Maybe this game even offsets the Rocksteady costs.

I believe the Damian Wayne game is scheduled for this year. And nahh, it's Montreal who's working on it. Rocksteady? No idea. Hope it's Justice League related

Seijuro

No, Google search said actually WB Montreal are making the Damian Wayne game. That's why I think this Bruce/Dick game is just a rumour.

Edit: well, technically, both games are just rumours ;)

xrnzaaas

It's pretty funny they're making a sequel to a game they didn't even acknowledge in the recent remaster. I'll probably get it when it's on a sale, because I enjoyed Arkham Knight despite its various issues.

Ahasverus

I believe the Damian Wayne game is scheduled for this year. And nahh, it's Montreal who's working on it. Rocksteady? No idea. Hope it's Justice League related

No, Google search said actually WB Montreal are making the Damian Wayne game. That's why I think this Bruce/Dick game is just a rumour.
I see. So this is most likely bullshit, unless they were ready to work on 3 games at a time.

Hopefully Rocksteady's game has nothing to do with Batman, maybe Superman? That'd be fantastic.

"Alright guys, big surprise title coming out. Here's how it ends."

If it's fake, he's an idiot. If it's real, he's an idiot.

Regardless, I really don't think we need more Arkham at this point

Hystzen

Batman not being a dick to Robin
Duo play with Dick
Court of Owls
No bat tank
Origin team making this

Shit I expect this be fake as it everything i want

I love Conroy but I feel the exact opposite, Roger Craig Smith killed it as Batman in Origins. I hope they keep him on if this rumor is true. Still, slightly disappointed in another Bruce Wayne/Batman prequel.

I agree 100% of the way. Kevin Conroy was a great Batman in the animated series. He has not been very good in the Arkham games. He's really just phoning it in at this point. Roger Craig Smith, on the other hand, really brought a lot of passion into his performance in Origins. To me, he should be Batman going forward in all games.

Ahasverus

What do you suggest as an alternative for current gen consoles?
Make a really big city with pedestrians and vehicles just like the other 23823746 open world games out there?

It's probably an Unreal Engine limitation. They should move to decima.

Lasty95

The Arkham Trilogy are very easily 3 of my favourite games, and I've played through each about 5 or 6 time. Stopped playing Origins about 3/4 through - hateful game.

The stuff Batgirl Montreal did for Knight was also terrible.

I don't think they've got the talent to pull this off. It's going to have to review very well indeed to pull me back.

Very interested in what Rocksteady are up to though.

Kinyou

That sounds good to me. It's interesting that he picked March 8. If he was just making up BS you'd think he'd pick something further away or just not be specific at all

Make a really big city with pedestrians and vehicles just like the other 23823746 open world games out there?

It's probably an Unreal Engine limitation. They should move to decima.
Might also be because of the Batmobile. In most open world games it doesn't matter if you run over a few civilians, but here it would completely break the character.

Mindlog

Just finished Arkham Knight recently and enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. I even had fun with the Batmobile outside of two instances that got under my skin.

Coming out of that game I really felt like the next move would be a Justice League game. Also, co-op combos.

Might also be because of the Batmobile. In most open world games it doesn't matter if you run over a few civilians, but here it would completely break the character.
That and probably because most Batman games take place during the night. Who's stupid enought to be out during a Gotham night?

Ahasverus

I think the Batmobile shouldn't be usable at will, but only in a few setpieces where they have an excuse for the emptiness (Just like the movies),
Agreed, easily the best story of the Arkham games.
It 's not even close.

ALFRED :'(

Ristifer

That and probably because most Batman games take place during the night. Who's stupid enought to be out during a Gotham night?
Apparently, a lot of people are, because they still have to cordon off the city.

It just gets a bit tiresome when it feels like an entire city is the playground of Batman and a few villains for an evening. It wouldn't hurt to have some civilians there to enhance the atmosphere a bit. And not just civilians that are in danger of some sort.

Boem

The reason for me to call bullshit on this: the guy claims he's still working there, and that he's leaving soon, and that that's why he's leaking this stuff. Makes no sense. He just painted a giant target on his back, and that's more than enough information for his employer to correctly identify him if it's real. He signed NDA's, there could be strong legal consequences for him in this, if it was true.

I personally can't imagine someone being quite this stupid. At the very least, he would have left that background information out.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I can see the future
dVlDRq2.jpg

Some Nobody

Fake rumor is fake. Chances of Schreier being wrong are super low, so we're riding with that trash-ass Son of Batman idea.

That's kinda good though, because if you got to play as Batman AND Robin I'd probably get the game. Son of Batman means there's a 99.9% chance I won't, which means I don't have to support anymore Batman nonsense.

Patison

"Joker figures somewhat prominently in the story (it's revealed that he helped orchestrate the Arkham Asylum breakout)"

Wow, that's amazing, so unexpected.

But yeah, Insurgency screams fake

Arkham Knight really soured me on the whole series. Not sure I want another one, especially if they keep so much of the same old same old (aesthetic, voice actors, gameplay loops). It's worn thin for me.

Just give me an open world Batman '66 game while Adam West is still around to do the voice.

Top Bottom