• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2017 |OT| 28-3

Thanks for participating the past couple years, hope to see you next year.

Cappa moves up to GJL2. Farsi and FUBAR McDangles, you're both in GJL3. Still holding the last open spot... for now.

Yes, draft will be conducted online through Yahoo, time and date still to be determined.

Great!

27th works for me depending on time.

Have the leagues been updated yet? Thought I saw Erasure in the Premier league still, but thought he was calling it quits

I updated the teams in the OP, but the actual leagues have not been updated yet.

I've been busy, but I intend to have the invites PMed out by tomorrow.

Oh shit, I'm in GJL2.

I don't have access to my spreadsheet to confirm, but I think there was enough people in GJLP and GJL2 that dropped out that I ended up both retaining some that should have dropped to GJL3 and promoting some from GJL3 that wouldn't have made it otherwise.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I don't have access to my spreadsheet to confirm, but I think there was enough people in GJLP and GJL2 that dropped out that I ended up both retaining some that should have dropped to GJL3 and promoting some from GJL3 that wouldn't have made it otherwise.

The Football Gods work in mysterious ways.

GJLP invites have been sent!

kelik
cr_blah_blah
youngplaya21
SleazyC
Bonethug
Rawr its Ry

If your name is listed above, you've been retained from last year and are still in the league.

You're welcome to make any changes to your team name, I just ask that you post it using highlight tags here in the thread to make it easier for me to track.

GJL2 invites have been sent!

smokeymicpot
GK86

If your name is listed above, you've been retained from last year and are still in the league.

You're welcome to make any changes to your team name, I just ask that you post it using highlight tags here in the thread to make it easier for me to track.

GJL3 invites have been sent!

timetokill
thebigmanjosh
Crazymoogle
kylecoley182

You're welcome to make any changes to your team name, I just ask that you post it using highlight tags here in the thread to make it easier for me to track (or if you're banned, send an email to neogafjusticeleague@gmail.com.)

Cappa

Banned
GL2 here SomeBigAssTDs!

Next season in GL1, taking the championship this year because you know... Ill actually draft my own team lol

Joined GL3. Don't have a team name yet and likely won't until the draft. Then I'll post it in here for sure. Tentatively I'm Team Fubar but that's not final at all

wbsmcs has elected to not play this year, so Doorakz will be moving back to GJL2 to fill that spot.

We now have an open spot in GJL3 for anyone looking to play this year!

What kind of admin did JL3 need last year?

Not sure I would be a good candidate given the draft is going to happen at 5am for me, but if nobody else is going to ask, I might be an option

You wouldn't have to do anything related to the draft, that's already set up for the proper date and time.

It would just entail taking care of anything that pops up throughout the season. Ideally, that would be pretty minimal. If I recall correctly, we ran pretty much without a hitch last season once we got going.

It looks like I have two teams in gaf2 btw.

My one team is the Florida Fornicators. The other has my name+ team.

Fixed!

You wouldn't have to do anything related to the draft, that's already set up for the proper date and time.

It would just entail taking care of anything that pops up throughout the season. Ideally, that would be pretty minimal. If I recall correctly, we ran pretty much without a hitch last season once we got going.

Alright, you can make me commish if that helps. I've been commish of another league on Yahoo for years - check my profile - so I know the controls.

Only thing to keep in mind is that I'm in Singapore (UTC+8) so from a north america perspective I'm generally asleep from Noon- 8pm. (Will be awake for the draft, of course) So will be some delay in commish actions during the season.

Alright, you can make me commish if that helps. I've been commish of another league on Yahoo for years - check my profile - so I know the controls.

Only thing to keep in mind is that I'm in Singapore (UTC+8) so from a north america perspective I'm generally asleep from Noon- 8pm. (Will be awake for the draft, of course) So will be some delay in commish actions during the season.

Don't think that will be an issue. Thanks for stepping up, I'll be in contact over the next few days so we can get things finalized.

Other notes:
Sent out a second round of invites.

Rudakus has been inactive for over a month. If I don't hear anything within a couple days, Fletcher will slide back up to GJLP and we'll adjust accordingly.

We still have ONE OPEN SPOT.

We're getting down to the wire here, draft is only a few days away. Do some auction draft prep if you're unfamiliar with the style!

Updated team names. Thanks to everyone in GJL3 for joining the league.

Still waiting on a few stragglers. I'll give it until Saturday until I adjust the leagues to account for those who didn't join.

Still have an open spot (and possibly more) in GJL3, so please let me know if you're interested!

Sorry for posting in your thread The Outsider, I don't mean to step on any toes here ...

I think some of you may have been involved in or played in previous leagues on GAF and a friend has asked me to post this for him:

The Yahoo NFL Fantasy Football Play or Die League (Season 4) and has multiple spots open on a first come/paid basis. It's 16-team non-PPR redraft League, $65 buy-in. If anyone is interested in joining just register using the links below. Tentative Draft Date is Monday, September 4th, 9 PM Eastern, 6 PM Pacific.

Link to Yahoo League Info Thread

Link to Yahoo Community Forum Recruiting Thread

GatorBait has a draft conflict, meaning he will not be able to participate this year. Rudakus continues to be inactive on GAF, and in the interest of resolving issues sooner than later, I'm adjusting the leagues now.

So, to be fully transparent with how I'm making the adjustments, I'm deriving movements based on last year's results. If someone from last year's top 8 finishers in GJLP declines to play this year, then the 5th place finisher in GJL2 will move up to take the vacant spot, and the fifth place finisher in GJL3 will subsequently move up to GJL2 to fill that newly created vacancy. For the next GJLP vacancy, I will retain last year's 9th place GJLP finisher, and adjust accordingly. This pattern continues as each vacancy necessitates any additional movements between leagues. Thus, the 6th place finisher in GJL2 last year will get promoted to GJLP, then the 10th place finisher from GJLP would be retained, and so on and so forth.

I believe this is the fairest way to handle the issue (and it's the process I followed last year without ruffling any feathers). That said, it unfortunately means I will need some of you to re-register your teams in the appropriate leagues, which I realize is not an elegant solution, but is the best I can do.

So, with that, here are the changes:

Fletcher (10th place in GJLP) reverts to GJLP.
ShinRPGamer (11th place in GJL2) reverts to GJL2.
LQX (12th place in GJL2) reverts to GJL2.

The teams listed in the OP reflect the new changes. Some of you will be receiving a PM to accomodate these changes.

Most significantly, this leaves us shorthanded in GJL3, with only 9 unique teams. My current proposed solution in case we are unable to find additional participants is to maintain an "AFK Chicken" team to create an even numbered 10 team league to allow the draft to transpire. I will let autodraft complete the team and will complete a starting lineup based on projections each week, accounting for bye weeks and injuries, to maintain competitiveness for the league.

If there's anything here you're not comfortable with, have any suggestions about, etc, please let me know. I'm doing my best!

Top Bottom