• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII PC re-release. SE Store Exclusive - Out now, Internet required

I've lost my saved game because my laptop hard drive broke. I humbly request anyone to upload a save file shortly after the
Reno
boss fight.

TheContact

no cloud save?

Sometimes it doesn't sync with the server correctly. I played FF7 on two computers trying to use Cloud saves, and when I switched over to the other computer one day, the save file was outdated, and it automatically Synced, and then it overwrote my newer save. Now I just stick to 1 computer

Okay, why the fuck is S-E completely change their website layout, and WHY can't I find FF7 in my registered games? If they fuck this up...

Edit: okay, I registered it again. Now how do I download? It just says "buy"; like I'll do that shit again.

teiresias

Considering its original release date, they did a great job with it. Even the awkward models on the field map still hold a lot of charm and the different models don't seem that strange when you consider the 16-bit FF games (which always varied the sprites depending on the scene).

FFIV and FFV varied the sprites, but FFVI uses the same character sprites throughout for the protagonist characters - battles, dungeons, and overworld map. Obviously
they use different sprites sometimes for a more detailed "normal" Kefka early in the game the few times he's in a battle screen with you
. The consistent sprites really impressed me the first time I played it on US release (and having never seen FFV at all at the time).

b3b0p

It's half off on the Squeenix store right now, $6.

I can't decide, does it play better using my PSX Rip or does this trump that?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I remember this thread... what an amazing ride.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
In your case I'd say it was more an amazingly intensive ride.
For sure man, one of the best experiences I've ever had in my entire life. Loved it.

lordmrw

I'm hoping they do FF8 soon. I've banked almost 40 reviews so I can focus on my play through of FF1-10, Mystic Quest & Final Fantasy Tactics next month and a slightly updated art 8 would be a nice replacement for my9 year old PC discs.

ramine

Unconfirmed Member
It seems there's been plenty of work on the models (both in and out of combat), music, and other details. Is there a combined mod pack with all the improvements made over the years?

Just bought the game now that it's on sale. Does anyone have a link to the most recent music replacement zip? I was reading through the thread a while back and last I checked, the files had some looping issues. I assume that's solved now.

There you go.

Awesome, thank you! I have fond memories of playing this game when I was younger. I think I sunk maybe 200 hours or so through three play-throughs. Looking forward to doing it again soon.

[edit] Realized there was already a link on this last page and I missed it. I'm blind. . .

[edit2] Can't start the game. First it hangs on 10% log-in, then when I finally get through it somehow, my user name and password don't match. Reset the password on their site, even though I was sure I had it right, still says my log-in info's wrong. I know it's supposed to be a 1-time online verification thing, but this is such a clusterfuck.

Cheddahz

Banned
I just downloaded the fixed tracks, but everytime I try to unzip them, it tells me that 95 errors were found, are there any other files I could download?

Top Bottom