• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Getting high

So true. You don't even have to try to go to sleep, you lie in bed and it just happens. And the feeling the next morning upon waking up like a little left over high, just kind of a hazy feeling, is so good.

Really? I find the feeling to be pretty annoying at times, especially if I need to concentrate on work or something.

Also, smoking then listening to Trance or 90s hip hop [stuff like De La Soul/Tribe Called Quest] is amazing. Anyone know any other good choices for music?

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Really? I find the feeling to be pretty annoying at times, especially if I need to concentrate on work or something.

Also, smoking then listening to Trance or 90s hip hop [stuff like De La Soul/Tribe Called Quest] is amazing. Anyone know any other good choices for music?

If you're into that sorta thing at all, I've found I appreciate classical music (some at least) on a level I usually never do sober.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Just bought some poppy seeds(at the store, same as on bagels) and am trying to make some poppy seed tea to mimic a nice codeine/morphine/heroin buzz. About to strain it after shaking it for about 10-15 minutes.

Essentially added 110 grams of poppy seed to water with a little bit of lemon juice. Added water to about the level of the poppy seeds in a 2 liter empty coke bottle. Shook for a good while.

Will post results to see if I did it right.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Just bought some poppy seeds(at the store, same as on bagels) and am trying to make some poppy seed tea to mimic a nice codeine/morphine buzz. About to strain it after shaking it for about 10-15 minutes.

Essentially added 110 grams of poppy seed to water with a little bit of lemon juice. Added water to about the level of the poppy seeds in a 2 liter empty coke bottle. Shook for a good while.

Will post results to see if I did it right.
is this really supposed to work?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
is this really supposed to work?

If done right, absolutely. It's the same poppy seed used in fields to make heroin.

Just type in "how to make poppy seed tea" into Google. There are a couple different methods to do it so I'm not sure. About to drink it in 5 minutes.

T Dollarz

If done right, absolutely. It's the same poppy seed used in fields to make heroin.

Just type in "how to make poppy seed tea" into Google. There are a couple different methods to do it so I'm not sure. About to drink it in 5 minutes.

How did you go about buying the seeds?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
How did you go about buying the seeds?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VNGJU0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

There are a bunch of other brands on Amazon, and while at Ralphs I saw two different brands. Just bought two 55 grams bottles for $5 total.

As for impressions keep in mind I took three 10 mg norcos about 3 hours ago soon after my workout(take them for recreational use and occasional backpain), and they've certainty enhanced my high is a very subtle way. I feel far more relaxed and my eyelids feel much heavier, whereas norcos give me a more upper high to where I'm not knocked out. I'm not sure if I would've gotten the same feel if I did it by itself.

I just made the tea in the easiest way possible because I really bought them on a whim and wasn't planning to spend to much time. I just put a little cold water and tiny bit of lemon juice match the amount of poppies in the 2 liter coke. Shook it for 15 minutes, strained it, then drank it. 5 minutes later did the same thing as there is still codeine left in the poppy.

I've seen a couple different methods online, and I've also read that some poppy seeds to buy vary in quality. I'm going to keep to see what method works best.

T Dollarz

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VNGJU0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

There are a bunch of other brands on Amazon, and while at Ralphs I saw two different brands. Just bought two 55 grams bottles for $5 total.

As for impressions keep in mind I took three 10 mg norcos about 3 hours ago soon after my workout(take them for recreational use and occasional backpain), and they've certainty enhanced my high is a very subtle way. I feel far more relaxed and my eyelids feel much heavier, whereas norcos give me a more upper high to where I'm not knocked out. I'm not sure if I would've gotten the same feel if I did it by itself.

I just made the tea in the easiest way possible because I really bought them on a whim and wasn't planning to spend to much time. I just put a little cold water and tiny bit of lemon juice match the amount of poppies in the 2 liter coke. Shook it for 15 minutes, strained it, then drank it. 5 minutes later did the same thing as there is still codeine left in the poppy.

I've seen a couple different methods online, and I've also read that some poppy seeds to buy vary in quality. I'm going to keep to see what method works best.

Doesn't seem like it did much for you. But from what I've read, you only did about half the dose recommended.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If you guys ever come across vicodin, norcos or percocets I always reccomend the cold water extraction, which separates the acetaminophen aka tylenol from the hydrocodeine.

The tylenol is actually worse than codeine for your body and can be toxic to your liver if you take to much.

Doesn't seem like it did much for you. But from what I've read, you only did about half the dose recommended.

Not much I agree, but it did enhance the norcos a little slightly. Very hard to tell though so I'll probably give it another try next week with a different brand, a higher amount of poppies and a different method.

Will the U.S. try to snuff out state marijuana laws?

Here's the problem: A federal law called the Controlled Substances Act still ranks marijuana as a dangerous and addictive drug, in the same class as heroin. That old law is rubbing against a new coalition of voters, particularly in Western states. In fact, on Election Day, more voters in Colorado and Washington cast their ballots for marijuana legalization than for President Obama.

Interesting.

"More teenagers are dependent on marijuana than alcohol today," [John Walters, the national drug czar for President George W. Bush] says. "More teenagers have been starting to smoke marijuana than smoking cigarettes."

Wutdafuq is this guy smoking....

zerotol

Banned
Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding the question,and if so, I apologize, but look at it this way. An 8th of good weed is 3.5 grams. It goes for anywhere between $30 or $40 depending on your location. The idea of 50 grams for $55 is insane. You must be shopping at the Costco of pot.

Maybe I'm completely misunderstanding the question,and if so, I apologize, but look at it this way. An 8th of good weed is 3.5 grams. It goes for anywhere between $30 or $40 depending on your location. The idea of 50 grams for $55 is insane. You must be shopping at the Costco of pot.
I don't know. But he is the only one I know for this kind of stuff... I don't really have a choice here if I want to smoke some.

Yeah... and I don't think it is bathing salts, he said to me is pure weed, nothing mixed. He smokes that everyday and he is a really old friend so I don't see why he would lie to me.

Perhaps he means 5 grams? I'd think if he's a daily smoker he isn't gonna give you a sack of dried brown twigs

Perhaps he means 5 grams? I'd think if he's a daily smoker he isn't gonna give you a sack of dried brown twigs
He told me is the size of one of those:

p%C3%A3o+de+mel+natal+004.jpg

Iph

Banned
You know, I think because obviously it is illegal, people who do not partake do not realize the amount of people who smoke on a regular basis, and during their jobs too.

Now, first off, I do not think someone should smoke at work, just as I think they should not drink at work. But I also think many people do not realize that many people are completely competent and functional when high as long as they are not fried out of their mind. In fact, some people claim to be more relaxed and feel less anxious when high; they find it helps their concentration as opposed to making it worse and making them more accident prone.

This kind of situation is probably the exception, rather than the rule, but I sometimes think people don't have all the facts when they assume it's some terrible thing to be high. Caffeine is a drug and can negatively or positively, depending on who you ask, effect work performance and how you feel. The same can be said for tabacco. I think it's a matter of how the individual responds to it and their "tolerance" so to speak.

I don't think people should start lighting up at work but I find it funny that it's a less dangerous high than alcohol, or maybe even tabacco depending on how it is smoked but people seem to have such a critial eye towards it.

CTE

Yeah... and I don't think it is bathing salts, he said to me is pure weed, nothing mixed. He smokes that everyday and he is a really old friend so I don't see why he would lie to me.

I hope it's 5 grams for your sake. 55 grams would mean it's bricked for sure. 5 grams for 50 if it's good quality is a decent/average price for the US.

Ask if it's bricked or buds if you can.

akira28

Will the U.S. try to snuff out state marijuana laws?

Interesting.

Wutdafuq is this guy smoking....

My short time in management tells me that he's doing something all department heads must do. Attempting to justify their existence. If they have to bend the truth to do it, some won't have a problem with that. "More kids smoking dope than smoking cigarettes? Sounds legit, call Fox and schedule a news conference. I'm sure CNN will show up. They always do."

Any suggestions or caveats for someone who is about get high for the first time?

-everybody says "you don't get high the first time." But you will if you smoke enough.

-make sure to be with people you trust in a comfortable setting. The first few times can be as wacky as an LSD trip so try to avoid any potential anxiety-ridden situations.

-have snacks available so you don't have to drive to get fast food.

-drink water for dry mouth. Soda, hard candy, gum are also great for battling dry mouth.

-don't cough out your hits. It will lead to a coughing fit. Exhale them in a controlled manner.

i-Lo

yeah dont do it

I don't intend to make it a habit. The total number of times I'll be doing it is twice, that's it. I want to get started on a novel and I have ideas but I am having trouble coalescing them into something a cohesive and linear. This is an experiment to find a momentary solution.

Also, thank you to the rest who have given their advices.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I don't intend to make it a habit. The total number of times I'll be doing it is twice, that's it. I want to get started on a novel and I have ideas but I am having trouble coalescing them into something a cohesive and linear. This is an experiment to find a momentary solution.

Also, thank you to the rest who have given their advices.
I'd say there's a very good chance it won't happen those two times. Getting all creative and stuff happens to me maybe one in ten or so times. If you really want to do it, get your mind already into it, have someone talk to you about it maybe before and during, then you'll automatically start getting ideas

neoism

The price is 80$, but this is one old old friend of mine doing a discount for me.

kiss your friend... I've gottin my share of deals before... about 600 for 8oz once... I just a few weeks ago got some soul diesel for 35 a gram could only afford 10g lol...
Getting high while putting on some Ljones is heavenly

this man speaks the truth that thread is pure gold... 99% of what I listen to...

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
I'm spending 100 for Granddaddy this Friday.

Top Bottom