• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doyou think there'll be any chance they'll start selling early in our cold frog country?

Not gonna happen'

I am afraid we are all going to have to wait until Tuesday and run towards the store.

I got mine pre-ordered so I hope somewhere down the line I get a text message on Monday morning saying that I can pick up my copy.

Demathe

Neo Member
Not gonna happen'

I am afraid we are all going to have to wait until Tuesday and run towards the store.

I got mine pre-ordered so I hope somewhere down the line I get a text message on Monday morning saying that I can pick up my copy.

nope, I'm a dutchie and I'll be picking it up in a little over 3 hours :)

my hype level is pretty much through the damn roof at this point

Dunno if this has been posted ...

Interview with Dan Houser - Guardian

" ... it's up to people like you [Games Journalist] to push those theories… It's up to us to make the best stuff we can make – it's not necessarily up to us to shout from the rooftops about how clever we are, how progressive we are, or how sophisticated we are. It's our place to make stuff that's as good as it can be."

nope, I'm a dutchie and I'll be picking it up in a little over 3 hours :)

my hype level is pretty much through the damn roof at this point

Wtf?

Where? How?

blown2.gif

How in the world....

Demathe

Neo Member
Wtf?

Where? How?

blown2.gif

How in the world....

I know a guy who got his stock in and is selling them early without receipt, and he'll just ring them up on tuesday

so it's the legit product, not hot or anything, just a dude breaking street date but hell if I'm gonna complain :p

Wait whut? proof!

I'm not one to lie about getting a game early just to act all cool online, but sure, I guess I can post a pic later on ;)

I know a guy who got his stock in and is selling them early without receipt, and he'll just ring them up on tuesday

so it's the legit product, not hot or anything, just a dude breaking street date but hell if I'm gonna complain :p

Which version?

Please tell me it is the PS3

Karak

After watching leaked footage I am sorry to report (no spoilers) that the game is really really bad a very bad game with bad gameplay graphics sound story everything and everyone should cancel their pre-orders trust me.

Hahahaha. Mean but awesome.

Covfan

Someone has put this on the EU playstation forum about the preload:

Just spoke to a guy from the PSN who says they have no concrete information on when the game will be availabe for download, he went on to say that the date shown for download is provided by Rockstar and if it's to be made available for download today it could be anytime up to 9pm uk time.

Rockstar however have closed their call center and are not taking calls in the UK.

The guy I spoke to says they're waiting for more information but cannot guarantee any date shown on the store as it's solely Rockstar's place to adhere to whatever date's or time's shown and Playstation have no infuence on such things given that developers can change things at their own discretion.

Demathe

Neo Member
F*ck yeah.

I think I speak on behalf of everyone that we want a humongous amount of impressions but especially how the game runs and looks both graphically and performance wise.

sure I'll give details on how it runs and looks

I'll do so after a good few hours of gameplay so I can provide some accurate (and totally spoiler free) info :)

J4g3r

Just got back from preordering my limited edition at GAME ready for pickup at the midnight launch.

I asked the people who work in the store and they said they will be getting the game in stock just in time for the midnight launch.

To add to that, the game is being delivered in armoured vans. (Same ones that would deliver to banks)

I honestly thought they were joking about the armoured vans. They really weren't though! :/

Dries

F*ck yeah.

I think I speak on behalf of everyone that we want a humongous amount of impressions but especially how the game runs and looks both graphically and performance wise.

EDIT: In the SPOILER thread, of course.

Rather a PM to me, since I ain't going anywhere near that minefield.

params7

Banned
I cannot wait for monday night.

How I'm going to make it through this weekend I don't know. Maybe I'll start another playthrough of RDR.

monkeyhat

Argh, my shopto order is stuck on processing even though I prepaid. Anyones order been dispatched with shopto?
Not mine :( Really hope they ship soon. I could've got it for a fiver less on Amazon, but went with Shopto in the hope that it'd turn up a few days early.

Raxious

I'm not one to lie about getting a game early just to act all cool online, but sure, I guess I can post a pic later on ;)

What store? Maybe I'm gonna pay a visit as well :p

Demathe

Neo Member
You lucky bastard you. Enjoy! Can we expect some info around 10-11 tonight or tomorrow morning?

I'll definitely post something later on tonight

What store? Maybe I'm gonna pay a visit as well :p

I'm not gonna give out the details of the guy or the shop, but if you're willing and able to come to Den Haag between 18:00 and 19:00 and pay €65 for the regular version let me know and I'll ask him if he has a copy left

Someone at another forum has has their Amazon order shipped today (UK). They used Amazon prime.

Oh cool, mine is dispatching now from there so hopefully it'll ship today and get here tomorrow or monday. I'm pretty close to the big ass amazon fulfillment center so hopefully it'll be pretty quick.

Acorn

Not mine :( Really hope they ship soon. I could've got it for a fiver less on Amazon, but went with Shopto in the hope that it'd turn up a few days early.

Yeah, they usually do and I thought even with Rockstar being strict it would still get dispatched today as first class is 1-3 working days (although its closer to 1 day 80% of the time).

I got an automated text today from EB asking me to go to the midnight launch. They want me to go at 10:00pm....yeah, I think I’ll pass on that. It'll be crazy.

With the store having well over 600 pre-orders I think it's not going to be worth it. I'll just wait till morning
even though I won't be able to sleep hnnnnnnnng!

Lach

I'm not gonna give out the details of the guy or the shop, but if you're willing and able to come to Den Haag between 18:00 and 19:00 and pay €65 for the regular version let me know and I'll ask him if he has a copy left

hmmm...If I leave right now and go like 300kph on the german autobahn I might just make it :p

jiggles

Banned
I think the strangest thing about my Amazon UK order having shipped this morning vs. everyone else's saying "Dispatching Now" is that I only ordered it yesterday.

Damn, I was in training all day yesterday, got a wedding this weekend... But today just a rgular day at work. Must resist the leaks thread. I have so far.

Gaz_RB

I hate all of you that are getting it early.

Not really but still :(

For people who've been in the spoiler thread, just tell me this.

Does it look fucking awesome?

Ridiculously awesome. Runs really smooth too.

After watching leaked footage I am sorry to report (no spoilers) that the game is really really bad a very bad game with bad gameplay graphics sound story everything and everyone should cancel their pre-orders trust me.

3859271924_24af790d82_o.gif

For people who've been in the spoiler thread, just tell me this.

Does it look fucking awesome?

It's everything any fan has ever wanted. The first thing I thought, and this is cliche, but regardless, the first thing I thought was how is this seriously running on the HD twins? It literally, no sarcasm, no joke, seems like wizardry. I wish I knew enough about programming, because if I did, I'd find out that this game has some sort of secret sauce encoded within. That's how huge and content filled the gameplay seems.

Dries

I'll definitely post something later on tonight

FUCK, the temptation! I live in Den Haag, but got a SE edition waiting for me at GameMania with an advance payment already down.

Must..... be...... strong.........

Dabanton

Argh, my shopto order is stuck on processing even though I prepaid. Anyones order been dispatched with shopto?

Same here it's processing. I keep checking the site to see if it's changed.

Hopefully I see it change before close of time this evening.

Cheddahz

Banned
I'm just going to the midnight release at my GameStop to get the game. I don't really want to go, but I have classes Tuesday and an exam, so I'll be studying for most of the day.

After the exam though, I'm cracking out on the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom