• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

bigosc2k

Banned
I'm in year 6 of my company league. This year my keeper is AJ Green, I have the 2nd overall pick, the following RB have been kept; Ezekiel Elliot, David Johnson, Le'Veon Bell, Todd Gurley, Devonte Freeman, and LeSean McCoy.

I'm thinking of going Julio Jones as the #2 in the draft, and I'm thinking Christian McCaffrey with my 2nd round pick.

Haven't played in years. Been wanting to get back in it without being with total strangers.

I do a work league and it's been fun. I wouldn't find it as fun with a bunch of strangers though but that's just me . Should try to see if there's interest at your work to try and get a league going

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I need someone to vent to about bullshit in my league which 8 out of 10 think it is nothing. I am in a keeper league. Commish pulled a dirty move last year. One guy had Lynch dropped him for the Pats D. D went back on his team. Magically championship week commish has the Pats D. Teams get locked. No one thinks this is a big deal but this is the 3rd time he pulled shit. Am I wrong for being mad?https://imgur.com/a/i2FRI

Hey guys, we have two GAF leagues to fill:

1. GAF Justice League 3: 12 teams, no fee
It's a great league with a 3-tier Premier League like structure - if your team is good enough, you move up to league 2 or 1 next year. Thread link
Draft: Sunday, August 27, 2pm PST! Post in thread or PM The Outsider ASAP
Basic stats:
- Auction Draft!
- 0.5 PPR
- QB / 2RB / 2WR / Flex / TE / K / DEF

2. GAF No Quitters League: 14 or 16 teams, $65 USD paypal or Leaguesafe
A long running league with serious players. A different winner every one of the past 8 seasons! Thread Link
Draft: Sunday, September 3, 6pm PST
Basic stats:
- Snake Draft
- 0.5 PPR, some return points though minimal
- QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / WR+TE Flex / TE / K / DEF

smokeymicpot said:
I need someone to vent to about bullshit in my league which 8 out of 10 think it is nothing. I am in a keeper league. Commish pulled a dirty move last year. One guy had Lynch dropped him for the Pats D. D went back on his team. Magically championship week commish has the Pats D. Teams get locked. No one thinks this is a big deal but this is the 3rd time he pulled shit. Am I wrong for being mad?https://imgur.com/a/i2FRI

Okay, so you're saying
1. Someone dropped Lynch for Pats DEF
2. Didn't make playoffs
3. Roster should be locked
4. Commish picks up Pats DEF in playoffs

Is that it? Then yeah, quit the league. When a roster is locked, its locked, and the only thing you can do is GTFO, because the sheriff is not going to see reason.

So my team for my 12 man standard money league of £240

QB - Ben Roethlisberger
RB1 - LeSean McCoy
RB2 - Todd Gurley
WR1 - Terelle Pryor
WR2 - Devante Adams
TE - Jordan Reed
Flex - Terrence West
K - Mason Crosby
Def - Steelers

Bench - Andy Dalton
Bench - James White
Bench - Cameron Meredith
Bench - Desean Jackson

Thought i did alright from drafting 6th. Made sure to draft receivers and Runningbacks in the first 8 rounds

I played a league for "fun" last year and got to the championship game but was busy with the holidays. My QB got benched for the playoffs and I didn't go look to get a new one. I lost the championship game but whatever I didn't care.

Until I went back and looked at the transactions for the week of the championship game. The guy I played against dropped everyone on his bench and picked up any QB that might be starting. Which, okay, pretty lame but a smart strategy. Then I noticed he wasn't the only one doing that. One of his friends in the third place game was doing the same damn thing to stop me from having a chance to win the championship.

I told them both off and told the league what they did and that I wouldn't be playing that league if they were still there this year.

So, no, fuck people who do shady shit for fantasy football.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Hey guys, we have two GAF leagues to fill:

1. GAF Justice League 3: 12 teams, no fee
It's a great league with a 3-tier Premier League like structure - if your team is good enough, you move up to league 2 or 1 next year. Thread link
Draft: Sunday, August 27, 2pm PST! Post in thread or PM The Outsider ASAP
Basic stats:
- Auction Draft!
- 0.5 PPR
- QB / 2RB / 2WR / Flex / TE / K / DEF

2. GAF No Quitters League: 14 or 16 teams, $65 USD paypal or Leaguesafe
A long running league with serious players. A different winner every one of the past 8 seasons! Thread Link
Draft: Sunday, September 3, 6pm PST
Basic stats:
- Snake Draft
- 0.5 PPR, some return points though minimal
- QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / WR+TE Flex / TE / K / DEF

Okay, so you're saying
1. Someone dropped Lynch for Pats DEF
2. Didn't make playoffs
3. Roster should be locked
4. Commish picks up Pats DEF in playoffs

Is that it? Then yeah, quit the league. When a roster is locked, its locked, and the only thing you can do is GTFO, because the sheriff is not going to see reason.

Yes especially since the commish does that move. He also dropped the D and no one noticed.
I played a league for "fun" last year and got to the championship game but was busy with the holidays. My QB got benched for the playoffs and I didn't go look to get a new one. I lost the championship game but whatever I didn't care.

Until I went back and looked at the transactions for the week of the championship game. The guy I played against dropped everyone on his bench and picked up any QB that might be starting. Which, okay, pretty lame but a smart strategy. Then I noticed he wasn't the only one doing that. One of his friends in the third place game was doing the same damn thing to stop me from having a chance to win the championship.

I told them both off and told the league what they did and that I wouldn't be playing that league if they were still there this year.

So, no, fuck people who do shady shit for fantasy football.

Yeah its bullshit. Its a work league and to curse at me. These are supposed to be friends don't treat me like that.

Did 1 of my 2 drafts today. 12 man ppr...

Aaron Rodgers
David Johnson
Mark Ingram
Doug Baldwin
Allan Robinson
Emmanuel Sanders
Jeremy Maclin
Kenny Golladay
Thomas Rawls
Duke Johnson
Rex Burkhead
Shane Vereen
Chris Johnson
New England Patriots D
Justin Tucker

Did 1 of my 2 drafts today. 12 man ppr...

Aaron Rodgers
David Johnson
Mark Ingram
Doug Baldwin
Allan Robinson
Emmanuel Sanders
Jeremy Maclin
Kenny Golladay
Thomas Rawls
Duke Johnson
Rex Burkhead
Shane Vereen
Chris Johnson
New England Patriots D
Justin Tucker

Damn that's a dream starting crew for me

I would say if West or Hunt are available on free agency then yes, if not you may want to hold onto him and hope for the best. nothing new on how long he will be out.
Why is everyone so low on Ware anyways? Hunt is being drafted higher than Ware ever was, and Ware straight up is undraftable by some now. I didn't think he did that bad last year

UberTag

Why is everyone so low on Ware anyways? Hunt is being drafted higher than Ware ever was, and Ware straight up is undraftable by some now. I didn't think he did that bad last year
He damaged multiple knee ligaments in last night's pre-season game and had to be carted off the field. He's on the shelf for upwards of 2 months. Hence the spike in Hunt's draft value.

He damaged multiple knee ligaments in last night's pre-season game and had to be carted off the field. He's on the shelf for upwards of 2 months. Hence the spike in Hunt's draft value.
I know about the injury, but Ware never went as high as Hunt is now projected to go, and he's gonna come back eventually. So why is no one even looking to draft Ware now when he can come back and be a starter as soon as week 2... Someone ITT literally suggested to straight up drop Ware

phanphare

Banned
I know about the injury, but Ware never went as high as Hunt is now projected to go, and he's gonna come back eventually. So why is no one even looking to draft Ware now when he can come back and be a starter as soon as week 2... Someone ITT literally suggested to straight up drop Ware

before the injury there was already some pessimism about ware's role going forward with hunt there, that was baked into his draft value. while he's out hunt is the guy. also ware could be out 2 weeks, could be out 8 weeks. could come back to a time share, could re-injure himself. that kind of uncertainty sucks especially when week 1 comes and goes and I want to make moves.

Jarnet87

Hunt must have had a lot of hype in training camp and his preseason. Ware had a good 2016 but he also has injury concerns (even before this injury). Didnt play a full season in either 2015 or 2016. I have a draft tonight and I may spend a late round flyer on him depending on what else is left. Leagues with an IR slot should draft him as well.

Hunt must have had a lot of hype in training camp and his preseason. Ware had a good 2016 but he also has injury concerns (even before this injury). Didnt play a full season in either 2015 or 2016. I have a draft tonight and I may spend a late round flyer on him depending on what else is left. Leagues with an IR slot should draft him as well.

before the injury there was already some pessimism about ware's role going forward with hunt there, that was baked into his draft value. while he's out hunt is the guy. also ware could be out 2 weeks, could be out 8 weeks. could come back to a time share, could re-injure himself. that kind of uncertainty sucks especially when week 1 comes and goes and I want to make moves.
Thanks guys, I bought into the hype and dropped Ware for Hunt this morning and already don't regret it with the news. Sucks to hear about Ware, as I was looking forward to seeing how Ware improved from last year

Jarnet87

If you are drafting shortly note that Cam Meredith just got injured. Heard it on the fantasy station on Sirius. Said it looked really bad, put in an air cast and carted off

UberTag

I can't get too excited about a guy that has persistent health issues and scored as many TDs as he lost fumbles last season.
Hell, I have a hard time getting excited for Jordan Reed and he's infinitely more talented and valued for his position.

If you are drafting shortly note that Cam Meredith just got injured. Heard it on the fantasy station on Sirius. Said it looked really bad, put in an air cast and carted off
Man, the Bears are super shallow on offensive depth. The wheels are going to come off for that team if Howard ever goes down.

Ptaaty

Before injury this was a 50/50...trending to Hunt. Now Ware out for year...you have a bell cow in a system that produces. Hunt is an easy top 10 back for me....almost top 5.

TeegsD

Hey everyone, drafting in the middle of the pack this year - 7 out of 12. Wondering what opinion's are on who I should be targeting? .5 PPR on ESPN. I'm feeling really good after studying the latest BeerSheets and messing with Boris Chen's draft aid. Just wondering what the best strategy would be. Debating going RB/RB first due to RB depth being a significant downfall for me last year.

Before injury this was a 50/50...trending to Hunt. Now Ware out for year...you have a bell cow in a system that produces. Hunt is an easy top 10 back for me....almost top 5.
Now idk about him being close to that high. I still distinctly remember the Devontae Booker hype last year (which is more similar to this than I'd like to admit), and he flamed out after like 2 weeks. Hunt is still a rookie who hasn't played an NFL snap yet, and talent wise he's no Zeke/Fournette. I'd put him in the RB2 area around Ingram/Hyde/Anderson which is still great value, but no way am I putting him right after Freeman and Gordon like you insisted

UberTag

I'd put him in the RB2 area around Ingram/Hyde/Anderson which is still great value, but no way am I putting him right after Freeman and Gordon like you insisted
I'd take Hunt over all three of those guys. Ingram (coach hates him), Hyde (shit offense/schedule)... and while Anderson gives me pause, I can't see teams not stacking the box with Siemian still the head QB in town and Jamaal Charles doing his best to not be sent out to pasture.

I'd take Hunt over all three of those guys. Ingram (coach hates him), Hyde (shit offense/schedule)... and while Anderson gives me pause, I can't see teams not stacking the box with Siemian still the head QB in town and Jamaal Charles doing his best to not be sent out to pasture.
Would you consider Hunt a low end RB1/high end RB2 then? Around RB12 overall?

UberTag

Would you consider Hunt a low end RB1/high end RB2 then? Around RB12 overall?
I don't know if I'd go QUITE that high. I'd definitely have him in the RB13-RB18 discussion with the likes of Mixon, McCaffrey, Miller, Lynch and suspended Zeke (whose suspension will likely drop from 6 games to 4). Hell, I'm not even all that sold on Lynch after his one year off to be honest... I can see the Raiders RB situation being a platoon where Lynch, Richard and Washington all rob each other of value.

So I'm thinking RB15-16. Definitely high-end RB2. I wouldn't want him as my RB1 outside of the deepest of leagues. Dude has opportunity but is unproven.

Early word on Meredith is a torn ACL. Likely done for the year.

TeegsD

Roast my lineup - 12 Team 0.5 PPR, 7th pick overall

Drew Brees
Isaiah Crowell
Kareem Hunt
A.J. Green
Dez Bryant
Travis Kelce
Eric Decker
Jags D
Janikowski
Doug Martin
Tyrell Williams
Giovani Bernard
Corey Coleman
Marvin Jones
Big Ben

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
1. (5) Julio Jones WR
2. (27) Jordy Nelson WR
3. (43) Lamar Miller RB
4. (54) Mike Gillislee RB
5. (56) Davante Adams WR
6. (65) Cam Newton QB
7. (67) Adrian Peterson RB
8. (69) C.J. Anderson RB
9. (71) Matt Bryant K
10. (72) Willie Snead WR
11. (86) Delanie Walker TE
12. (103) New England DEF
13. (106) Brandon Marshall WR
14. (109) Pierre Garcon WR
15. (118) Chris Johnson

I think I did alright. I messed up a bit in the middle rounds.

TylerD

We went from a 10 to 8 team league this year. I "won" the draft according to Yahoo. Pretty pleased with my draft.

1. (2) Le'Veon Bell (Pit - RB)
2. (15) A.J. Green (Cin - WR)
3. (18) Todd Gurley (LAR - RB)
4. (31) T.Y. Hilton (Ind - WR)
5. (34) Demaryius Thomas (Den - WR)
6. (47) Jimmy Graham (Sea - TE)
7. (50) Marcus Mariota (Ten - QB)
8. (63) Joe Mixon (Cin - RB)
9. (66) Keenan Allen (LAC - WR)
10. (79) Tyler Eifert (Cin - TE)
11. (82) Arizona (Ari - DEF)
12. (95) Adam Vinatieri (Ind - K)
13. (98) Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
14. (111) Frank Gore (Ind - RB)
15. (114) Kenny Britt (Cle - WR)

natjjohn

What's GAF consensus on David Johnson vs Leveon Bell?

I think Bell has higher upside by a little scared by hold out and him coming in and tweaking something right out of the gate. League is PPR and .2 points per carry.

Doran902

Did my draft from pick 7, 12 team, standard league, money league, 1 qb, 2 wr, 2 rb, 1 flex (te, wr, rb), 1 te, 1 k, 1 d.

Starting.

Jaemis Winston
Doug Baldwin
Keenan Allen
Devonta Freeman
Kareem Hunt
Evan Engram(waited super late on te)
Kelvin Benjamin
Mason Crosby
Eagles

Bench

Sammy Watkins
Tevin Coleman
Jonathan Stewart
Thomas Rawls
Chris Hogan
Jamaal Williams

Yahoo absolutely flamed me to death for this team but I am very happy with it. They projected me 12th with 2-12.

Did my first two drafts this weekend.

This is my GAF League 2 Auction Roster:

QB1 - Matt Ryan
RB - Todd Gurley (Also got Zeke for a good value)
RB - Dalvin Cook
WR - Doug Baldwin
WR - Kelvin Benjamin
FLEX - Derrick Henry or Eric Decker
TE - Evan Engram (Giants new starting TE)
K- Tucker
DEF - Texans
Bench - Big Ben
Bench - Randall Cobb
Bench - Ezekiel Elliott
Bench - Hunter Henry
Bench - Rams D (Dropping ASAP)

PPR 2 QB Superflex League

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
RB: Melvin Gordon
WR: TY Hilton
WR: Amari Cooper
TE: GRONK!
QB/W/R/T: Tyrell Williams
W/R/T: Sammy Watkins
K: Cairo Santos
DEF: KC Chiefs

BENCH:
Eli Manning
Frank Gore
Joe Mixon
Latavius Murray
Theo Riddick
Jamison Crowder

Now I need to figure out whether to dual wield QBs or keep with either 3 or 4 WR for week 1

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
You mean like how many yards and TDs a player is expected to get type projections? If so, FFToday and Fantasypros has those. I think NFL Savant might as well.

Na, I meant Yahoo's projections on how they think your team will do. And also the draft grade. I guess they don't have it for auction leagues?

Ack, was a bit late to my 10-team, non-PPR draft yesterday and had the first two slots auto-filled. Was just thrilled to see it was Odell Beckham with the first pick. I hope that injury isn't too serious. Jordy Nelson for the next auto pick and I can't complain with that. As for the rest:

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Leonard Fournette
RB - Carlos Hyde
WR - Odell Beckham
WR - Jordy Nelson
TE - Delanie Walker
Flex - Keenan Allen
D/ST - Denver
K - Chris Boswell

Notable Bench - Frank Gore, Hunter Henry...maybe Jeremy Maclin if that works out in Baltimore.

The rest of my bench is garbage. For some reason I ended up with Gillislee and James White, 2 NE RBs when you shouldt have 0. I feel like I did terrible, will have to watch the waiver wire closely. Though I do like Frank Gore as a solid stand in and Hunter was a good late round get if he takes over the Chargers #1 TE spot. Hopefully rookie Fournette goes Zeke all over the place, but as with anything JAX related I am not counting on it.

The rest of my bench is garbage. For some reason I ended up with Gillislee and James White, 2 NE RBs when you shouldt have 0. I feel like I did terrible, will have to watch the waiver wire closely. Though I do like Frank Gore as a solid stand in and Hunter was a good late round get if he takes over the Chargers #1 TE spot. Hopefully rookie Fournette goes Zeke all over the place, but as with anything JAX related I am not counting on it.

the only NE RB i'm taking a flier on is Burkhead and that's only because he's going undrafted/pretty much free in most leagues. I wouldn't pick up any of the other three though

All right, my GAF league is now allowing us to have a keeper league. The question is who should be my keeper

QB
Russell
Flacco

RB
Melvin Gordon
Jordan Howard
Mark Ingram

WR
Jordy Nelson
Michael Thomas
Allen Robinson
Sammy Watkins
Terrelle Pryor

TE
Greg Olsen

Def
Baltimore
Tampa Bay

Kicker
Justin Tucker

I'm thinking of using my keeper on Jordy Nelson or Greg Olsen I guess?

I have a bad feeling about Gordon so that's why I'm not sure I want to use it on him

Griss

6th round pick: Spencer Ware
7th round pick: Julian Edelman
8th round pick: Cameron Meredith

Just end my life already. All within 24 hours of the draft. Un-effing-believable. Although in its own way it's not as bad as losing Gronk was for me last year as my first 5 rounds are at least intact.

So I put in waiver claims for Kareem Hunt and Chris Hogan and for some reason the teams that finished first and second get to pick them up (I finished 2nd last last year). Very frustrating.

At least I still have Antonio Brown, Todd Gurley, Matt Ryan and Travis Kelce...

Top Bottom