• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Huge Marvel Comics Digital Sale on Amazon - lots of stuff 90% off

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
If you're even remotely interested in Marvel comics and have a way to read digital comics, jump on this sale. You're getting entire volumes (which usually feature 5-7 issues) for a quarter or half the price of a single issue.

Yes, it can't be overstated - these are $3 issues going for like 20 cents.

You are getting an unbelievable deal here.

hey guys, never read any, where do I start?

I just picked up the Vision from the recommendations here. Any other collections that I should check?

what are you into?

Metalmarc

Guys have you seen the Kindle versions of The Art of Movie book prices? Okay they are pre-orders at the moment but with amazon you always pay the lowest price given when you pre order right? Or will they charge the full price when they release?

IMG_7644.jpg

jon bones

I don't know man, kinda overwhelming. Recommend me some good ones for a beginner and will probably get them.

OK, not a problem. These are self-contained, complete, good for new readers and AWESOME.

Astonishing X-Men, vol 1-4

Uncanny X-Force, vol 1-7

Loxley

Thanks for the heads up, picked up a lot of stuff. I'm usually more of a DC guy but I'm always down for some X-Men and Ultimate Spidey. Grabbed Miller's Daredevil run as well, which I've never read but heard great things about.

Jmille99

I don't know man, kinda overwhelming. Recommend me some good ones for a beginner and will probably get them.

- Old Man Logan by Mark Millar
- Planet Hulk/World War Hulk
- Punisher Max by Garth Ennis
- Superior Spiderman (Dan Slott has a good run in general though) - PS get the Ends of the Earth and Dying Wish arcs which lead into Superior Spiderman

Metalmarc

hey guys, never read any, where do I start?

I just picked up the Vision from the recommendations here. Any other collections that I should check?

Are you in the usa?

Do you like Deadpool? There is a Deadpool Adamantium Collection 788 pages, $5.71 digital whereas the paper version is $153, nice saving, or if your a fellow brit its like £4 odd.

sqwarlock

Books I'm thinking of getting:

Gwenpool
Ms. Marvel (all 7(?) volumes)
Jane Thor
Alias
Black Panther (Ta-nehisi Coates series)

Any opinions or other things I should look at based on those?

BigBlueBanana

Neo Member
I passed on the superhero stuff and picked up Marvel's (formerly Dark Horse's) Star Wars Legacy series. Three volumes, over 1200 pages and only $15. It's a non-canon story that takes place 100 years after all the Star Wars characters we know are dead. I'm up to issue 4 and it's great so far.

Oh, and buy The Vision books for God's sake!

Thanks for the recommendations guys. On a buying spree right now. I have an Amazon USA account but I'm in India right now. I'm still able to make purchases through Amazon USA. I read them on my iPad.

Got these so far -

Vision Volume 1 & 2
Ms. Marvel Vol 1, 2, 3 & 4
Thor Visionaries Vol 1
Wolverine Weapon X

Is this good?

Thor: God of Thunder by Aaron Johnson

OK, not a problem. These are self-contained, complete, good for new readers and AWESOME.

Astonishing X-Men, vol 1-4

Uncanny X-Force, vol 1-7

- Old Man Logan by Mark Millar
- Planet Hulk/World War Hulk
- Punisher Max by Garth Ennis
- Superior Spiderman (Dan Slott has a good run in general though) - PS get the At Worlds End arc which leadsbinto Superior Spiderman

you're in for a treat with Ms Marvel, who is destined to be the next Spider-Man

i would pick up vol 1-4 which is her first run (vol 1 is her origin story)

vol 1:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NEW45XE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Are you in the usa?

Do you like Deadpool? There is a Deadpool Adamantium Collection 788 pages, $5.71 digital whereas the paper version is $153, nice saving, or if your a fellow brit its like £4 odd.

Saraluna

Neo Member
Re: viewing these on desktop - I'm running Windows 10 and the kindle app is "not available" - is there another way to read these on my computer if I purchase them?

Dalek

Thanks for the recommendations guys. On a buying spree right now. I have an Amazon USA account but I'm in India right now. I'm still able to make purchases through Amazon USA. I read them on my iPad.

Got these so far -

Vision Volume 1 & 2
Thor Visionaries Vol 1
Wolverine Weapon X

Is this good?

Yes-that series is "godlike", pardon the terminology. That said-be sure to read it in order. Let me see if I can get a reading order for you.

AdamT

Picked up Astonishing X-Men and Ms. Marvel. Have the hardcover of Astonishing Vol. 1, so I'm excited to pick that back up.

Also, I just noticed you can view and buy the all the volumes on a single Amazon page. Never seen that before! Example: Ms. Marvel

jon bones

Got these so far -

Vision Volume 1 & 2
Thor Visionaries Vol 1
Wolverine Weapon X

Is this good?

oh yeah it is GREAT

what part of India are you in bredren?

Sigh. You convinced me lol. I just bought them.

It came out to $53.20 USD for all 22 Ultimate Spiderman books. Incredible deal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018846080/ref=series_rw_dp_sw

😈😈😈

Yeah that's the start, get these too:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0742K4NZ3/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You could also pick up Unworthy Thor which happens around the same time as Lady Thor:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RFHS9P/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And if you haven't read Godbomb yet, get on it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0161XDZYM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Got these so far -

Is this good?

YES. Godbomb is so good. Get the Lady Thor run too!

People, don't sleep on Gwenpool. It's secretly one of the best comics currently running at Marvel. Now's a perfect time to get caught up.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Comixology all the way.

All your comics will be there of you buy them digitally, and they look amazing on my Pro.

Even stuff from DC, Image and others will all live in the Comixology app.

It just says "Download sample" - for every book actually. Am I stupid or is this apple preventing Amazon from selling directly via the app?

It just says "Download sample" - for every book actually. Am I stupid or is this apple preventing Amazon from selling directly via the app?

Yes, but.

You buy on Amazon's site, then link your Amazon account to Comixology and they'll all be there for reading.

A bit more work cause Apple lol.

Y'all making me want to buy a tablet...

Yes-that series is "godlike", pardon the terminology. That said-be sure to read it in order. Let me see if I can get a reading order for you.

Yeah that's the start, get these too:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0742K4NZ3/?tag=neogaf0e-20

You could also pick up Unworthy Thor which happens around the same time as Lady Thor:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RFHS9P/?tag=neogaf0e-20

And if you haven't read Godbomb yet, get on it:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0161XDZYM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

YES. Godbomb is so good. Get the Lady Thor run too!

Does that have an origin story as well guys?

oh yeah it is GREAT

what part of India are you in bredren?

😈😈😈

Andhra Pradesh. You anywhere around?

Dalek

I don't know why they do this, but I assume it's some licensing/in-app purchase thing. It sucks. Buy it on the browser or your computer. They will then show up in the ComiXology app.

Kurdel

Banned

Yeah Apple are dicks, you need to go through the Amazon website in safari, but it gets added to the app instantly.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I don't know why they do this, but I assume it's some licensing/in-app purchase thing. It sucks. Buy it on the browser or your computer. They will then show up in the ComiXology app.

OK I am now caught up to Kindle/Comics and Amazon in 2017...

What a palaver. But these deals are too good to be true. Reading thread for reccs now.

EDIT. Turns out a bunch of stuff is free on Comixology (Prime benefit?)

Does that have an origin story as well guys?

If you get the Lady Thor collection it'll go over her origin / how she becomes Thor.

Godbomb & God Butcher is pretty standalone. You just have to know that Thor is the god of thunder, there's nothing to pick up from the other comic series :)

I think it's because if there's in-app purchases a cut has to go to Apple.

Also holy shit someone needs to stop me. I grabbed the Ennis Punishers, Frank Miller's Daredevil, the Deadpool Adamantium Collection (it was like 5 bucks for like nine thousand issues), Ms. Marvel, and The Vision. Is there one more set I absolutely have to read?

Godbomb is a long story about Thor, it's not an origin story. However in this run it does eventually introduce the lady Thor and you learn her origin.

If you get the Lady Thor collection it'll go over her origin / how she becomes Thor.

Godbomb & God Butcher is pretty standalone. You just have to know that Thor is the god of thunder, there's nothing to pick up from the other comic series :)

Alright, shall I get all 4 volumes or Godbomb and God Butcher good enough start?

he already has Ms Marvel so Squirrel Girl is redundant

(plz dont kill me)

i have family in Chennai but i haven't been back in ages

Ah nice.

I put $25 in my Amazon account yesterday and said "That's it." Eating ham sandwiches for dinner the next couple of days so I can double down.

Here's what I've bought so far:

Mark Waid F4 run (books 1-3)
Wolverine: Old Man Logan
Gwenpool, The Unbelievable 1 (probably getting the other ones later)
Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe
Marvel 1872
Secret Wars 2015
Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment
Marvel 1602 (got free with promo)

Probably going to pick up a few of the recommendations in here too.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'm noticing that some of these are free with a Prime membership. Is that normal? I was never aware.

I put $25 in my Amazon account yesterday and said "That's it." Eating ham sandwiches for dinner the next couple of days so I can double down.

Here's what I've bought so far:

Mark Waid F4 run (books 1-3)
Wolverine: Old Man Logan
Gwenpool, The Unbelievable 1 (probably getting the other ones later)
Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe
Marvel 1872
Secret Wars 2015
Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom: Triumph and Torment
Marvel 1602 (got free with promo)

Probably going to pick up a few of the recommendations in here too.

I got a paperback of Triumph and Torment as a Christmas gift last year. It is such a fun read.

I'm noticing that some of these are free with a Prime membership. Is that normal? I was never aware.

Not sure, there's so much Prime stuff I miss out on things almost weekly...

*EDIT* Holy Shit I just got a $50 Amazon gift certificate from work. You already know what it's going towards...

Top Bottom