• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Halo 4 in game images [Up: Third New Screenshot In OP]

Honestly, not trying to troll or anything, but you could mix those screens up with screens from the other 360 Halos and try to have me guess what games they are from and I couldn't tell ya. All the damn Halo games look the same to me and this one is no different.

x5XaC.jpg

steveovig

The fingers look long there, but I bet they look great from first person, and I really like the design. I am seriously liking what they did with the armor here, I really hope we can get more screens as the morning progresses.

Really? I mean, maybe the armor texture is Reach caliber, but otherwise these look a lot better than past games.

I'm not really talking about graphics quality though. I'm sure this game will look more impressive than any of the others. My main complaint with the series is my inability to find a unique character in the whole series. To me, every character looks like Master Chief, with maybe a few alterations and I can't get into the series because of that. I tried with Reach, got bored, and gave up.

Anteater

Honestly, not trying to troll or anything, but you could mix those screens up with screens from the other 360 Halos and try to have me guess what games they are from and I couldn't tell ya. All the damn Halo games look the same to me and this one is no different.

Isn't that a good thing though, it means they're consistent with their art, you might not like them, but nothing really wrong with looking identical, especially when it's just shots of master chief

I'm not really talking about graphics quality though. I'm sure this game will look more impressive than any of the others. My main complaint with the series is my inability to find a unique character in the whole series. To me, every character looks like Master Chief, with maybe a few alterations and I can't get into the series because of that. I tried with Reach, got bored, and gave up.

What is this I don't even.

Especially OUTSIDE of Reach. Reach at least had multiple Spartans, and I guess you could say they looked similar enough if you're really damn blind, but...to say "every" character in the games looked like Master Chief..when there was literally only one of him in any other Halo game outside of ODST? lol wut

So you're not talking about graphics quality...you're only talking about how the main character doesn't look different and the same as in any other Halo. So once again, I'll say...

Thanks for telling us that Master Chief looks like Master Chief. Appreciate the insight.

MKAllDay

I don't see how to that complaint, while legitimate, applies to this screen shot at all. The reason being the person in that photo...is Master Chief.

Looks quite different to other installments to me. The images are well composed and the lighting is great.

steveovig

What is this I don't even.

Especially OUTSIDE of Reach. Reach at least had multiple Spartans, and I guess you could say they looked similar enough if you're really damn blind, but...to say "every" character in the games looked like Master Chief..when there was literally only one of him in any other Halo game outside of ODST? lol wut

Well, it's true. Gimme some unique characters to play around with not everyone that looks so similar.

LQX

His bottom half is not shown but his body proportion still look out of whack as if he will still look stumpy. Was hoping they would grow up the art style a little. Then again its only two images.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
looks fine, but why release two Myspace-cropped photos and nothing else? It's... weird.

His bottom half is not shown but his body proportion still look out of whack as if he will still look stumpy. Was hoping they would grow up the art style a little. Then again its only two images.

it's because of the new armor, it makes it look like his shoulders are almost at his chin in height, which makes him look shorter overall.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
looks fine, but why release two Myspace-cropped photos and nothing else? It's... weird.

We'll be getting a ton of new info tomorrow, supposedly from both MP and SP. I think it's save to say that these aren't the only screenshots we'll be seeing

Ryaaan14

Banned
Fan of the new plate, NOT a fan of the scaly Elite-esque underarmor.

Love the detail though, and I'm going to wait until I see it in motion to really judge.

the under armor around the hip in that first pic looks really nice, loving how the bump map looks, also loving the visor and the lighting on that.

Still wish that the armor had a new texture though, not a fan of how matte it is, wish it had a bit more of a shine to it, and a bit more of a brighter colour like in 1-3.

Redford

aka Cabbie
Ok, so his armour changing is understandable. But where would a new Battlerifle variant come from?

Canonically: We have no solid idea on how long he's been in cryo, and the UNSC is implied to be involved with the matter at hand. Probably a new model.

Like others have said, it might just be 343i's take on the weapon sandbox.

Well the UNSC is in this game and this does take place some time after Halo 3.

I thought it was just Chief and what was left of the Dawn.

Because some developers like to keep the art fresh. In other words: It doesn't matter.

It does matter. There needs to be some sort of explantion where all this new equipment (his armour is explained though) is from - Reach's explanation was that it was Army instead of Marines.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
We'll be getting a ton of new info tomorrow, supposedly from both MP and SP. I think it's save to say that these aren't the only screenshots we'll be seeing

oh, wow. awesome.

Dresden

It does matter. There needs to be some sort of explantion where all this new equipment (his armour is explained though) is from - Reach's explanation was that it was Army instead of Marines.

It'll turn out that some secret human intelligence agency--ONI or whatever--got there first before being wasted. Da Cheef grabs the gear off their rotting corpses.

If you cannot tell the difference between Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and this, then that is entirely on you. They're pretty easy to tell apart to most Halo fans.

I like Halo, but you show me a screen shot from any of the current generation games and I would be hard pressed to tell you which one was which. It's not that much of a stretch to believe and that idea certainly isn't worthy of your massive over-reaction pic.

Top Bottom