• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFIV DS style Final Fantasy IV The After Years remake coming to iOS/Android [Screens]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks fine, but can this be the final remake/port/sequel of FF4 for at least two decades, Square? You have other (better) games that can do stuff with.

wrowa

Well, I guess they can re-use most FFIV assets, so that After Years can be remade rather easily? Why else would they go back to After Years of all possible games.

So anyone want to give me the under/over of having a Japanese Android release, an English IOS release and not getting an English Android Release ?

Jubern

Sorry if it's been answered since I don't have the time to read the topic, but I asked at the booth and they confirmed it was a Matrix game.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nah, FF4 Complete Collection on PSP/PSV is the way to go when it comes to FF4.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
So many remakes and they can't add a few more polys here and there. For god's sake SE, practically any phone nowadays can run circles about the DS. A few extra polygons to round things up couldn't hurt that much.

So many remakes and they can't add a few more polys here and there. For god's sake SE, practically any phone nowadays can run circles about the DS. A few extra polygons to round things up couldn't hurt that much.

After Years was a 2D Game ,not 3D. So this 3D remake wasn't DS limited. I'm pretty sure the IOS/Android port of IV actually has higher polygon count than the DS too.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
After Years was a 2D Game ,not 3D. So this 3D remake wasn't DS limited. I'm pretty sure the IOS/Android port of IV actually has higher polygon count than the DS too.

That is not the point I was trying to make though. I am not saying after years is a DS game. I am saying that basically all smartphones in the last 3-4 years can run laps around the DS so why does the game still sport DS level 3d models? There are free games on the android store that looks better than that. SE should care more about their legacy than this.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
So they are willing to make FFIV scale iOS remakes.

I wonder if they will do 5 and 6 eventually.

This seems to me a mere reuse of DS assets, it seems a very, very low budgeted effort, seriously. Due to that, I still think FFV/VI remakes could appear on 3DS. I mean, well developed, well shown FFV/VI remakes, like DQVII (which was a massive effort on Square's part, given how huge the original game is). Yeah, I mean if they WANT to do them :lol

cecil still has that assy victory stance. i'm betting they are doing as minimal as possible (and charging you $20 for it naturally).

I really wish they would add more frames of animations to the attacks everything else is smooth but those. Legacy of ds stuff.

And please patch widescreen to 4.

mzl.bzwgbkmt.320x480-75.jpg

stretched graphics never look good and in normal mode with borders, the borders are super distracting.

*sigh* This would've been a DS game.

Still, would want to get IF it's a one price deal. However, seeing how After Years is structured I'm assuming F2P with IAP chapters which the total will come out to $236.84!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This seems to me a mere reuse of DS assets, it seems a very, very low budgeted effort, seriously. Due to that, I still think FFV/VI remakes could appear on 3DS. I mean, well developed, well shown FFV/VI remakes, like DQVII (which was a massive effort on Square's part, given how huge the original game is). Yeah, I mean if they WANT to do them :lol

I'm sure they could reuse FFIV's art assets for 5 and 6 with a few alterations! :p

Foffy

Banned
Man, this shit is inconsistent. Wasn't IV remade on PSP to be more like TAY which was also remade? Now TAY is being remade again to be like IV was on DS? What in the fuck?

Kikujiro

Man, this shit is inconsistent. Wasn't IV remade on PSP to be more like TAY which was also remade? Now TAY is being remade again to be like IV was on DS? What in the fuck?

It's not inconsistent because they are on two different platforms, on iOS you have the DS version of FFIV (3D), since they are porting The After Years it would be inconsistent to use the PSP versione (2D).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom