• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good phone app for uploading photos and posting them on forums

Hey guys, looking for a good app to use that I can upload photos to and easily post them to forums and such. Downloaded the imgur app but that thing is such a worthless garbage app.

I'm on iPhone. Thanks in advnace

mhayes86

I'm not sure about the best, but I agree that the imgur app is awful. Try Opengur instead, but I'm not sure if it's also available on Apple, though.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Do you need to post them from your phone, or just have them easily accessible to upload?

All my photos get automatically uploaded to both Google photos and Flickr, both of which are sharable, but I don't know if they are more easily shareable than imgur.

Typically I'll just take a photo of something then open one of those two services on my laptop, upload from their to imgur, then share wherever.

Do you need to post them from your phone, or just have them easily accessible to upload?

All my photos get automatically uploaded to both Google photos and Flickr, both of which are sharable, but I don't know if they are more easily shareable than imgur.

Typically I'll just take a photo of something then open one of those two services on my laptop, upload from their to imgur, then share wherever.
Post them from my phone.

Discord, the chat app, ironically enough

You can create your own server, upload almost any pics or gifs with ease. That's what I do

nillapuddin

As a side note, if people have Windows Phone recommendations Id love to hear em

currently I

1. send photo to self on telegram
2. open telegram on computer, copy image
2. go to imgur.com on computer, paste image
3. upload
4. get links

nillapuddin

Actually just found a great one

Imgur4Windows
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sto...gh5wwsd?ocid=9nblggh5wwsd_ORSEARCH_Bing&rtc=1

It has a terrible name and icon

but the actual app is very fast and it has a nice upload section

7OvjjNs.png

qGHlJNx.png

mnMAT6ql.jpg

one of the worst decisions imgur made was to try to capture people on mobile who often accidentally click on an imgur image.

I do that at least on IOS and the damn thing takes over the browser and/or tries to run the app (not sure which) and I've got to wait in order to get back to where I was in the topic, its maddening.

They also removed the ability to upload an image using imgur.com from mobile without logging in and instead try to force you to use the app.

Clearly someone who thinks its time to _monetise the audience_ has taken over at imgur and they may do that but they're burning up goodwill.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Imgur doesn't even give me a proper link anymore. From their blog they talk about wanting to focus on their community so they don't want direct links anymore, they want you to go to imgur to view things

I'd love something on mobile I can just upload and grab a bbcode compatible link

rykomatsu

Imgur doesn't even give me a proper link anymore. From their blog they talk about wanting to focus on their community so they don't want direct links anymore, they want you to go to imgur to view things

I'd love something on mobile I can just upload and grab a bbcode compatible link

Photobucket app?

YNTidijlzpyzYDmqCcV6DLDq4UHumpCYTdKAcNe4Ony-tUlym7fFS5Qyvb3SB8tm8cxxXi_ypLj-owkZnoqgSYP0sOpU7CwYCafU9ZJYnH9dF4fYdwDUOKlXAHNn-roOJwa6JItMEvi1vTPB2TnvpA19obbrhe0NNmyaBL1tgVE71fFTu2bQ96dYCIrVirW_UzgRTshwmaSWy6SCkVTMML9r4XSaAAXDzeeiEUhXZn_pkXlyoECdD8M3iFkPvG9TeF4fG2HqAx3JDBx0w0PpWJjby39tNjFt0U6Qtzml9dmy2uPGfDRM9-dkaN_kXVuH3mKdFYXZadFkk0wQSuVAoIAFE4ml4cEb4GPkZATmvMQh-JVXz3HtKQiKamokQo7TbchvAIpamgORT1zF_t-ofaEFnaqTRRdUO46L15GWhctOPNAowMeJ1ua8fApXDkTSCdOOXAti22jjFiRR_zWDVAENZTDOrmlX2-DQYiR6jK_1Pg9z19bv4Ku-t61nqXXfqSqalaGlTlsNKFXsWFGHz6sOK2mlgxNFVawoVOQ1jSWXHW_bi80bPH-1XI6x_8EC9LR_Sfjk3jM7KegngBry--1ip-9I1nDjpYjMP5ItT3iflxAOrCtL=w1044-h441-no

Monocle

Well that's fucking annoying. It used to be so simple to use.

jts

...hate me...
RCHiPQz.png

edit: worked, and was simple and quick enough. Basically, use the imgur website. Not the app.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
imgur (mobile site+app) became unusable for me. It used to be easy and fast to use but with the disappearance of direct links it sucks. I'm still using the Chrome extension (imgur Uploader) though.

I'm quite happy with the abload.de app.

Stitch

Gold Member
I find it a lot easier to use the imgur mobile website than the app. The app is utter trash.

Yeah, I think the site works fine. Still gives me direct links. Maybe because I'm a registered user.

The app is total bullshit. Most website apps are actually bullshit. They're usually just a way too show you even more ads.

EGOMON

I created a bookmark in my home screen of a dedicated website i use in uploading photos for direct links

How does one do this? I was just messing around in the app and I couldn't quite figure it out
Bring up the sidebar that shows what servers you've joined, and you should see a dotted circle with a plus in the center
That should bring up this menu, touch "Create a new server"
Go through the settings like name and server location, then it should be all done

Touch the plus on the left side of the text bar, and you can upload most things to the server

Top Bottom