• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy |OT| N.Teresting and N.Tertaining N.Fographics With-N

*Splinter

I have done a few relic runs while naturally progressing through the game. but right now for the remainder, I want to do the toughest ones first before tackling the others. I just did:

The Lab
Jaws of Darkness
Slippery Climb
The High Road

Is Sunset Vista the next hardest one?
Fumbling in the dark is also tricky as there is a mask that doesn't spawn during time trials.

Generator Room has a tough platinum time but gold is probably ok.

Native Fortress is RNG hell.

Sunset is hard too but only because it's so long.

Lace

2aHkvU9.png

Fun little Easter egg in the last game. The plates have 96-17 in reference to the first game's release and the current game's release. Love the extra little detail they added.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So Crash 2 cuts out a cutscene, doesn't highlight that a boss room has now become available and doesn't tell the player how to get to the next area once the boss is defeated. I mean I played the original so I already knew but still it's a stupid change that I can see confusing new players initially.

Also, holy shit they've completely fucked up the ice physics.

Cassovia

Yesterday I finally got Platinum on Crash 1.

..and I will tell you, there are some challenging levels, but after a while you will get used to it.

My advice is, do time trials first and then go for gems.
While running for time you will not lose your life and at the same time you will memorize every corner.

In the end I’ve earned gold on The Lab on my 2nd try.

I’ve immediately moved to Crash 2, just to see how it looks after so many years. You can earn colored gem in the first lever pretty easily, it’s not even fair comparing it to Crash 1.

Yesterday I finally got Platinum on Crash 1.

..and I will tell you, there are some challenging levels, but after a while you will get used to it.

My advice is, do time trials first and then go for gems.
While running for time you will not lose your life and at the same time you will memorize every corner.

In the end I’ve earned gold on The Lab on my 2nd try.

I’ve immediately moved to Crash 2, just to see how it looks after so many years. You can earn colored gem in the first lever pretty easily, it’s not even fair comparing it to Crash 1.

Crash 2 definitely had the most interesting the get coloured gems though, especially back on the PS1 when it didn't tell you how to get them on the loading screens.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So overall I thought original Crash 1 was much better than remake Crash 1 with the exception of relics being a good addition. Partway through Crash 2 my feelings are looking to be similar.

Demoskinos

On Crash Warped now. As a person coming at this with almost zero nostalgia so far Crash 1 is still my favorite overall. The other games have their highlights but far too many gimmick levels in later games for my liking.

I really enjoy how Crash 1 is really straightforward platforming. Couple of hog and boulder levels but they don't out stay their welcome.

Sullichin

So overall I thought original Crash 1 was much better than remake Crash 1 with the exception of relics being a good addition. Partway through Crash 2 my feelings are looking to be similar.

I definitely don't agree, why do you think this? I really like how only the colored gems need perfect runs now, and that the bonus rounds count toward the boxes. There's some really fun box breaking challenges in the bonus rounds. Overall I like all of the changes/QOL updates in the remake. I think Crash 1 benefits the most. The turtles in High Road are just fucked up though - it's the only level I think is better in the original.

Popsickles

Timing on that one does seem a little messed up. Think I did it by jumping a lot earlier than I thought I needed to

Belive me I have tried jumping early, jumping late, aiming left, aiming right just seems really bugged. I think its the incline before the jump that effects jump hight.

Mariip

Timing on that one does seem a little messed up. Think I did it by jumping a lot earlier than I thought I needed to
My friend told me to stick to the right and jump a bit after getting the box and it worked, i hope that helps... that hog is still a bitch tho

Sullichin

Yesterday I got a few more relics, knocking out some of the levels I was worried about! Not least of all.... THE LAB. I am so happy to have this one done. I love this level but holy shit is the time trial tight! Lost track of how many times I started that level over. I'm actually not that far off from platinum now but I think i'll keep my sanity.

The only ones left:

High Road - definitely going to be the hardest for me, spent hours on it already
Sunset Vista - very stressful due to length but one of my favorite Crash levels. Might save it for last.
Native Fortress - Barely missed gold, I got this shit

Orbis

Belive me I have tried jumping early, jumping late, aiming left, aiming right just seems really bugged. I think its the incline before the jump that effects jump hight.
Something worth considering, have you tried quitting the level and starting again? I'm sure I recall someone saying timing was off in a level when they died and respawned at a checkpoint. I don't think it was Hog Wild but could be the same timing glitch.

farisr

Fumbling in the dark is also tricky as there is a mask that doesn't spawn during time trials.
Yeah... this one is actually the only one to actually legitimately frustrate me. I mean, I spent hours on getting a gold on The High Road, way more time than I have on this so far, but the whole lights out gimmick was bad enough, but on top of that a mask is missing as well, really pissing me off.

Basically saying "you must beat this section in this amount of time no matter what" regardless of whether you're going for a platinum, gold or sapphire relic.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ok, finally started. Considered starting with 3 and working my way back, but I'm doing it in order anyway. Up to Ripper Roo in Crash 1, the Native Fortress was the first level to give me a game over, first of many I bet.

How do the transparant platforms work again? Do you have to find a secret in the level for that?

Tapejara

Ok, finally started. Considered starting with 3 and working my way back, but I'm doing it in order anyway. Up to Ripper Roo in Crash 1, the Native Fortress was the first level to give me a game over, first of many I bet.

How do the transparant platforms work again? Do you have to find a secret in the level for that?

Those platforms can only be filled in by finding the corresponding coloured gem in one of the later levels (coloured gems require beating a level in one life while also breaking all of the crates). So for example you'll need the green gem from Lost City to go back and use the platform in Jungle Rollers.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Those platforms can only be filled in by finding the corresponding coloured gem in one of the later levels (coloured gems require beating a level in one life while also breaking all of the crates). So for example you'll need the green gem from Lost City to go back and use the platform in Jungle Rollers.

Oh ok thanks! I'll save the perfect runs for later, getting through the game is my first priority.

Tapejara

Oh ok thanks! I'll save the perfect runs for later, getting through the game is my first priority.

Just realized I should clarify that getting coloured gems with no deaths only applies to the first game! In Crash 2 and Warped you earn them in different ways.

As well, the no death perquisite only counts after you break the first checkpoint. Feel free to die as many times as you like before that! Deaths don't count for bonus rounds either.

Finally beat crash one. Man...really didn't enjoy it as much as I did five years ago when I replayed it. Just too many controlling issues. Controlling issues aside, the game is how all remasters should be done.

Popsickles

Something worth considering, have you tried quitting the level and starting again? I'm sure I recall someone saying timing was off in a level when they died and respawned at a checkpoint. I don't think it was Hog Wild but could be the same timing glitch.

Ill give it another try later.

Sullichin

Yeah... this one is actually the only one to actually legitimately frustrate me. I mean, I spent hours on getting a gold on The High Road, way more time than I have on this so far, but the whole lights out gimmick was bad enough, but on top of that a mask is missing as well, really pissing me off.

Basically saying "you must beat this section in this amount of time no matter what" regardless of whether you're going for a platinum, gold or sapphire relic.

Wow, I can't believe I didn't realize why that section was so difficult. I was spinning rats to hit the mask in the distance at that part during my runs, wondering why the hell I was running out of light there when I'm racing through the level at an insane pace.

Wow, I can't believe I didn't realize why that section was so difficult. I was spinning rats to hit the mask in the distance at that part during my runs, wondering why the hell I was running out of light there when I'm racing through the level at an insane pace.

I haven't checked but I recall someone saying there's a mask outside of a box in that level, and collectables all fly off when the time trial clock is grabbed, including that mask. Was that you who said that?

I still really enjoyed that time trial. That was after having done High Road though, so that probably changed my perspective considerably

Sitris

So.... Family watched a blu ray last night so my Crash disc had to be removed. For some unknown reason auto saving was disabled for Crash 3, lost all my progress after beating the final boss. I had all the gems (that you can get before relics) and half the time trials.

I'm just happy I hadn't done any of the hard levels! Still going to have to have a break for a few days before I redo all the bits I lost though.

Wow Cold Hard Crash's box gem is like being the king of back tracking. Had a harder time on that then the level with the bees that involved back tracking.

Beat Crash 1 and 2. They were hard but fun.

I think this second motorcycle level in 3 will conclude my time with this collection. It's a shame but this is complete shit.

After 4 or 5 attempts I finally got myself into 2nd about to pass 1st, I hit a turbo strip which put me straight into a police blockade which does not trigger a warp rescue and there is no way out. No reset button either so I need to do two more loads. Goodbye.

goldenpp72

Huh really? maybe I'll try that. And yeah I'm on this second one at night and the best I've done is 4th. =|

Try to maintain boost as long as possible, cumbersome as it is. The second one is the hardest one to simply 1st place for me, I actually got the third and even forth platinum relic really easily, but the first level was actually the toughest platinum relic, so yeah, uneven all over.

Huh really? maybe I'll try that. And yeah I'm on this second one at night and the best I've done is 4th. =|
that one you can't really afford to screw up.

Avoid all jumps when possible, hit every green arrow dash as much as you can, don't get off the road.

If you screw up don't immediately quit, keep driving the road until you memorize every turn. It's a pain.

It's weird how the third was so much easier, maybe lessons learned from this one?

Demoskinos

Finally got it. That one is going to be fun to Time trial later. Lol. Nothing is going to stop me now though dammit. I've platniumed the first two games and Warped is going to be next.

farisr

So that frustration I mentioned earlier on this page during the Fumbling in the Dark time trials, I think was mostly due to it being hot. LOL. Came back to it later, had the AC on, was relaxed. Still took some time, but I wasn't getting frustrated at my failed attempts like I was earlier. Ended up getting a platinum relic for it the first time I finished. But yeah, looks like air conditioning was the factor as to why I didn't get frustrated with The High Road at all despite spending more time on it, as opposed to this. (But yeah, it being a gimmick level and that missing mask did not help).

Working my way backwards through levels now.

Now I just need the relics for:
Sunset Vista
Boulder Dash
Whole Hog
Temple Ruins
Up The Creek
Native Fortress
Rolling Stones

and the Platinum is mine.

Oh, and a few gems, but those shouldn't be an issue as I've already gotten all the colored ones.

By the time I'm done with Crash 1, I think it would've provided me easily with 30+ hours of gameplay. I'll be playing something else after, and then come back to Crash 2 after I finish that. Treating each of these games with the attention and care they deserve.

PaulloDEC

Just finished Crash 3. If we ignore the fact that I haven't actually beaten Cortex in the original game (he just has so many goddamn health blocks!) that's all three games "finished".

With so many gems and relics still at large though, I have a feeling the disc won't be leaving my PS4 for a good while yet.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Finished the Road to Nowhere yesterday and was pleased when I got through it... but I didn't know there was a second one. Eeh think I'm going to get a few of those colored gems before tackling that lol

jmartoine

Finished Crash 1 and am now going back through doing some relics and gems. Doubt I will be able to get all the relics but I might give all gems a go. Would it be best to get the coloured gems first?

LAM09

Just completed 2 & I was surprised how much of a cakewalk it was compared to most of 1. How does 3 compare in that regard?

Top Bottom