• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy |OT| N.Teresting and N.Tertaining N.Fographics With-N

Sullichin

i know this does not belong here,but it's crash
anyone can remove the screen screen?

giphy.gif

Lol I used some crappy online tool to do this

The results are..interesting

k1qTIOD.gif

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Stormy Ascent available now. It's in the store as an add on to the trilogy (free)

They've also added a map shortcut to go from the first level to the last, that's handy.

No download btw

Interesting....did they stealthily do anything with the load times so they're not ass when you leave and enter a level?

Ultimadrago

Stormy Ascent is showing as $2.99 (which is a stupid price for one stage by the way) for me in the Store for some reason. Hm, let me check it out again.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Can anyone who finishes the download check if they snuck in any patch notes or QoL updates?

There's already one QOL someone noticed. Apparently now there's a shortcut on the map to go from the last level back to the 1st one. I'm hoping maybe they snuck in some better load times when you exit and enter a level.

Gulz1992

Just platinumed Crash 2, so now I've finished all three games. Will now check out the Crash 1 DLC levels. Can't imagine the hell they're going to be.

farisr

Just tried stormy ascent for a bit,

I can see what the "hype" is about.

This is the level of challenge I expected from Slippery Climb when I heard people talking about that. I'll tackle this properly when it's time to play Crash again (I want to finish at least one other game before starting it back up)

Kraq

Just got the gem on Stormy Ascent.

That was hard. Perhaps one of the hardest things (if not the hardest thing) I've ever done in a 2D platforming level.

Now for the relic..

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Stormy Ascent stats:

- N. Bryo tokens (22 boxes in the bonus stage)
- THERE'S A DAMN TIME TRIAL, UUGGHH
- About 3 checkpoints, 4 if you count the bonus stage
- There's a rather cheap death near the final checkpoint where if you just run to the ledge, you'll get hit by one of those flasks from an enemy you can't see.
- My first attempt took about 25 deaths, 11 being from the bonus stage. I say this as someone who has platinumed all 3 games

Honestly....I still think High Road is harder on account of the fact the stage is having move away from the screen compared to 2D.

I have no idea if I'll be able to do the relic. It's going to suck being able to actually do it but then only get a sapphire (which is 7 minutes or less. I wonder what gold is)

Banzai

I just played and finished a brand new Crash Bandicoot level (sort of). Fuck me.

It's really not THAT hard, btw. I died maybe 10 times, and that's mostly because I didn't know the level at all.

The platinum relic might be trouble though.

Hektor

Finished it!

Did cost me around 50 lives. Most of the level isn't actually hard, only the ending is, that part with the two platforms that simultaneously withdraw is where around 40 of those deaths are coming from.

Hektor

Bonus Stage is just what the fuck.

You can exploit it in two different ways. The first metal Jump box if timed right can get you all the way up to the tower in the air in front of the TNT.

Another way is to jump and spin the flying tower, landing on the jumpbox underneath. That way the wooden jumpbox doesn't get damaged for some reason and you can repeat that process ad infinitum until you got all but one crate

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I did the latter, leaving the 1up box left so I could jump on it & reach the other side.

So far, I can reach the bonus stage pad in about 2:15, that's the farthest I've made it. Hopefully, they didn't just make up a time as an afterthought like with the other levels that were CLEARLY not designed for speed running.

samred

Stormy Ascent was announced as "free for 30 days," so, scoop up now if you are on fence about getting the full game, I guess.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I cannot for the life of me remember how I got past this part during the time trial. I seem to do just fine until that part, but 9 out of 10 times, I'll just die because I just BARELY missed the platform.

So what are the trophies supposed to be. One for breaking all the boxes and one for getting the gold relic I presume?
I'm pretty sure, yes.

Just received this amazing Activision press release:

“The fan response to Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy has been tremendous with the title landing at number one worldwide in physical game sales, even though it was only on shelves for two days in June (2). We’re thrilled that there seems to be a whole lot of people out there who love Crash as much we do,” said Eric Hirshberg, CEO of Activision.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Gold Relic for Stormy Ascent is 4:30. Platinum Relic is 3:10.

Words cannot describe how much I miss the powerups from Crash 3....

Croash

Excellent news, I'm excited about Stormy Ascent, but first I gotta finish Crash 2 Time Trials.

I'll say I'm happy to see it's free, and I hope it's not just this one level. Make more, please.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
HOLY SHIT, I GOT THE GOLD RELIC IN JUST UNDER 4 MINUTES.

BOTH TROPHIES ATTAINED

Edit: I can't save a video because I paused for about 90 seconds & the video would be too long, aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh

TheOGB

Banned
WHEW lad, this final stretch is rough. Only died 8 times before the Bonus, 41 times IN the Bonus, and now I'm up to 40 deaths in the level proper post-Bonus.

Good christ that took me about an hour and a half straight to beat. Bonus room was a real headscratcher and that ending, fuck.

Still can't really believe I've just played a new Crash Bandicoot level after like 2 decades :/

Ah well, gem done! Definitely not messing with that relic though, the gem was hard enough!

Top Bottom