• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy |OT| N.Teresting and N.Tertaining N.Fographics With-N

yoonshik

i know this does not belong here,but it's crash
anyone can remove the screen screen?

giphy.gif
crash4f04b.gif

Gartooth

Holy shit was Stormy Ascent ridiculous. I finished it and got the gem but it cost me 52 lives to do it. I'm so glad I came prepared because I can only imagine how frustrating a game over would have been. I probably lost 10 to 15 lives on the 2 platforms that disappear at the same time near the end, until I figured that the trick was to keep running and not stop.

Demoskinos

Holy shit was Stormy Ascent ridiculous. I finished it and got the gem but it cost me 52 lives to do it. I'm so glad I came prepared because I can only imagine how frustrating a game over would have been. I probably lost 10 to 15 lives on the 2 platforms that disappear at the same time near the end, until I figured that the trick was to keep running and not stop.

That's where I am right now with 3 live left. Trying to get down the timing.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaand game over near the end. FFS. You win for now Stormy Ascent. I'll be back. I think Honestly the only thing I really need to get down is that final to platforms that are on the same rotation fuck that is hard. I don't know the timing for it at all.

Kraq

Got the Gold relic and I'm off the Platinum by 30 seconds. Gonna be tough to bring that down but there's already a skip that'll save you 5-10 seconds.

No clue how people are getting this down to 2 and a half minutes.

Kinsei

Banned
I died at the final section of Stormy Ascent during the time trial. I was on track to get the platinum relic too. Fuck everything.

Took 20 minutes to get the level's gem and took about 30 minutes to get the platinum relic on "Stormy Ascent". I think the loading screen tip saying "Good luck (You'll Need It)" is a bit overblown.

*Splinter

Here is my platinum run: https://youtu.be/P9GhTGPN6Ow

2:54:74 - clean run up to the 2 minute mark. The top section wasn't optimized at all, this was the first time I got past the first horizontal moving bird.

I thought I fucked up the last jump ;_;

I still think High Road is the hardest to complete, but this is easily the hardest relic. Ridiculously long, many difficult sections, and the platinum time is much less forgiving than Sunset Vista.

Gartooth

That's where I am right now with 3 live left. Trying to get down the timing.

Edit: Aaaaaaaaand game over near the end. FFS. You win for now Stormy Ascent. I'll be back. I think Honestly the only thing I really need to get down is that final to platforms that are on the same rotation fuck that is hard. I don't know the timing for it at all.

I found out I could reliably make the first platform if I didn't stop running between jumping off the birds and then jumping onto the first platform. That could have just been my timing being consistent since starting from the checkpoint, but it was the only method I got to work since I could not time it at all if I tried waiting it.

Tapejara

I'm glad it's free, if only for a limited time. Not sure I would have spent $3.99 CAD on a single level, but Stormy Ascent is great I recommend downloading it while it's free.

I never played the original version of Stormy Ascent as I didn't have a way to access it (didn't own a GameShark), so this was very much me experiencing a new Crash level for the first time in years! It looks great and plays great; I absolutely adore Slippery Climb and this retains the same great groove of that level. Lost a ton of lives on some of the later sections - those horizontal scrolling birds kept screwing me over - and got the gem. Going to try for the relic later as well. Props to VV for finally and officially releasing Stormy Ascent!

Also, great to hear about Crash's performance worldwide. Looking forward to strong legs through the coming months, and hopefully CTR and Spyro!

Got the Platinum Trophy today for both Crash 2 and Crash 3. Now I decided to try and platinum Crash 1... This is going to take awhile, isn't it?

Gulz1992

Finally got the gold relic for Stormy Ascent. I have no desire to try for the platnium relics, so I'm totally finished with this trilogy. Overall, I really enjoyed this and it got me interested in Crash Bandicoot again, something I never expected to happen. I also never played Crash 1 and 2 before, so 2/3 of this was totally new to me.

TrojanAg

The controls for the Road Crash level in Warped are fucking atrocious. The controls seem to lock up randomly sometimes on turns and even though I'm not on the gas and I'm turning, Crash just keeps going straight into a fucking catcus.

theaface

Gold relic finally done for Stormy Ascent. Phew, that was tough! Great old school platforming challenge.

That's all trophies for all 3 games now, so I guess I'm done!

Stormy Ascent wasn't nearly as difficult as I expected it to be. I managed to get the gem and gold relic in about an hour. My life count went from 91 to about 70 or so, and the bonus stage was pretty fun to figure out; I only died a few times there (wtf at the off-screen TNT box, though).

I didn't expect it to have so many checkpoints, either.

I mean, if any stage was gonna be cut from the game due to difficulty, I think High Road is definitely the better candidate.

All that said, that last scientist is in a really dumb spot. Cost me a few runs.

Sullichin

Here is my platinum run: https://youtu.be/P9GhTGPN6Ow

2:54:74 - clean run up to the 2 minute mark. The top section wasn't optimized at all, this was the first time I got past the first horizontal moving bird.

I thought I fucked up the last jump ;_;

I still think High Road is the hardest to complete, but this is easily the hardest relic. Ridiculously long, many difficult sections, and the platinum time is much less forgiving than Sunset Vista.

Nicely done! I am really scared of the time trial here

Got the Gold relic and I'm off the Platinum by 30 seconds. Gonna be tough to bring that down but there's already a skip that'll save you 5-10 seconds.

No clue how people are getting this down to 2 and a half minutes.

Lol, I discovered this by accident

Sullichin

I know some don't like the slippery climb/stormy ascent music in the remake but I kinda love that goofy synth

Also Stormy Ascent makes me wish Crash Maker existed. Just imagine the bullshit people would make.

EDIT: I am ashamed to admit I got a game over on stormy ascent. I thought i was good at this game after getting the plat but I guess not ;)

ghibli99

That looks very easy and you clearly choked on the second platform.
Not taking into consideration all the adrenaline, mental blocks/frustrations from previous fails, etc., that contribute to situations like this? Yeah, sure. But it's like people who say the Daigo parry thing is 'easy with practice', as if it's something anyone could just do.

Not that I'm bitter that I've spent 2-3 hours trying to gold Cold Hard Crash and still can't even reach the end...

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Eh ok, I just got all the colored in gems in Crash 1. After moving on to the other games I thought I'd give the hardest levels another shot and did most of them with little issues except Slippery Climb, which took a few tries. Still... not as daunting as I'd first have guessed. All the other gems are just a matter of cleanup now. I guess the real devil for the plat is in all the time trials. I just tried N Sanity beach again and can't seem to make it under 29 seconds. Still, the plats for 1&2 are one step closer now that I at least have all the gems. Time to unwind again with some Crash 3 now.

Stormy Ascent Platinumed.

Fuck

But honestly it was brilliantly hard. High Road was just frustating hard. Its interesting. High Road was never the hard level in original. Slippery Climb is still challenge, but that level didn't change much. Hig hRoad sky rocketed as most annoying hard level.

I suppose if they would want to change physics after all, I wonder if bridge levels and Crash 2 Nitro jumps are only things needing a fix. Didn't have that much trouble in Native Fortress or 3rd pig in Hog Wild. Or were those also bullshit enough for some?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
What is this Stormy Ascent? Is it a new DLC stage for the game?
Yes, & it's free until Aug. 20th, so nab it now while you can.

It's technically "new" in the fact it was suppose to be removed from the original game due to being too hard, but it was still accessible via Gameshark.

Roo

Stormy Ascent Platinumed.

Fuck

But honestly it was brilliantly hard. High Road was just frustating hard. Its interesting. High Road was never the hard level in original. Slippery Climb is still challenge, but that level didn't change much. Hig hRoad sky rocketed as most annoying hard level.

I suppose if they would want to change physics after all, I wonder if bridge levels and Crash 2 Nitro jumps are only things needing a fix. Didn't have that much trouble in Native Fortress or 3rd pig in Hog Wild. Or were those also bullshit enough for some?

I don't remember the nitro jumps being so high. Could be wrong but I don't think they were this bad in the original.
I lost several lives trying to jump over them only to hit one that jumped as high as me.

As for the 3rd pig in Hog Wild it definitely wasn't broken in the original. The hitbox there is a complete mess in the trilogy so I had some trouble completing that level.

I'm kind of baffled it seems like they won't fix any of this game's issues.

I don't remember anyone complaining about this yet, so here I go.

What the fuck happened to the Cortex monitors in Generator Room?

x4czdgy.gif

From dark and creepy sleuthing Cortex to choppy nonsense.

Moze

Banned
The game in general isn't as dark as the original. The hands that grab you in Slippery Climb look awful in the remake.

I don't remember the nitro jumps being so high. Could be wrong but I don't think they were this bad in the original.
I lost several lives trying to jump over them only to hit one that jumped as high as me.

As for the 3rd pig in Hog Wild it definitely wasn't broken in the original. The hitbox there is a complete mess in the trilogy so I had some trouble completing that level.

I'm kind of baffled it seems like they won't fix any of this game's issues.

Well Nitro Boxes definately jump too high because.... well...

nitro-glitch.jpg

Yeah.

Top Bottom