• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I need to lose 24lbs in 2 months... how do I do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPREME1

Banned
Which does not involve me joining a gym or buying equipment or going all out boot camp style. Is it even possible?

Right off the bat, I'm going to change my diet (a lot more fruits/veggies/nuts, less carns/fast food) and walk my dogs about 2 miles most evenings.

What are some simple exercises or habits that might help give me a boost? I know there's no quick fix for losing weight, but do you have some tips that might help me along the way? For instance, do x amount of ______ in the morning, x amount of ______ during lunch. Etc.

Some quick info:

6'2
224lbs (need to hit 200lbs)

Money is at stake. Help me cash in, GAF.

Enco

Not really healthy losing weight that fast. At least it probably wont be sustainable and you'll end up putting it back on.

1. Calculate your BMR
2. Eat 500 calories under
3. Stick to whole foods

Done.

SUPREME1

Banned
Winner. Combine that with paleo diet and you will see pounds and fat just fly off.

Paleo sounds liek what I had in mind as far as how to eat (lean meats/veggies/fruits/nuts). This sounds good, thanks for this tip... let's me know I was on the right track.

Beachbody Insanity?

Is that like P90X or something?

Onemic

Not really healthy losing weight that fast. At least it probably wont be sustainable and you'll end up putting it back on.

1. Calculate your BMR
2. Eat 500 calories under
3. Stick to whole foods

Done.

That's not fast at all really. It's only 24lb.

In comparison I dropped from 270lb+ to 220lb in the span of 2 months.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Napkin math: 3500 calories per pound of fat. 24 pounds. You need an 84,000 caloric deficit. That's a 1400 calorie deficit a day. No, you're not going to lose that weight without significant diet changes and exercise. "Cutting weight" may or may not work but I don't think most people would get 24 pounds out of fluid weight.

People recommending Insanity obviously didn't read the OP; Insanity is the very definition of "going all out boot camp style".

J-Roderton

I lost almost 15 in about four weeks by not eating shitty food all the time and drinking a ton of water daily. I don't know if you drink a lot of beer or not, but if you do, don't drink so much.

I don't know if you'll lose 24 lbs in 2 months doing this, but I heartily recommend following the South Beach diet phase 1 meal plan, and doing at least 80-100 minutes of cardio a week.

You'll probably drop about 15 at least.

Napkin math: 3500 calories per pound of fat. 24 pounds. You need an 84,000 caloric deficit. That's a 1400 calorie deficit a day. No, you're not going to lose that weight without significant diet changes and exercise. "Cutting weight" may or may not work but I don't think most people would get 24 pounds out of fluid weight.

People recommending Insanity obviously didn't read the OP; Insanity is the very definition of "going all out boot camp style".

Insanity is like what 40 mins a day? I wouldn't call that "going all out boot camp style".

SteeloDMZ

Banned
p90x-bodies.jpg

No excuses. You'll probably have to spend $50 at most for a good pair of resistance bands. Also get this into your mind: getting in shape takes work and commitment. There's no easy way to do it, so you'll either have to change your habits and start working out intensely, or you'll stay as you are right now.

Assuming you have your diet under control, do sprints 6 days a week, with a supplementary full body circuit 3 times a week.

Enco

That's not fast at all really. It's only 24lb.

In comparison I dropped from 270lb+ to 220lb in the span of 2 months.
That's around 3 lb a month.

You could probably do it but you'll have a crappy time and you're likely to put it back on.

It depends why you want to lose the weight so quickly. If it's a temporary thing you can do it. If you want a life change, that goal is unrealistic.

Shadybiz

Beachbody Insanity?

Is that like P90X or something?

Yes, but it's more for cardio. It's a 60 day program, so it would fit into your 2 month window.

Anecdotal, but I did this program during the summer, and did not lose a lot of weight. Probably just a few pounds. Now, that's not to say that the program didn't work. I lost a good amount off my gut, and my love handles diminished greatly. So basically, I replaced fat with muscle.

For just straight up losing weight, I would say lots of running, and lots of jumping rope. I know you said you don't want to join a gym, but if you can find a boxing class somewhere, I will guarantee you will lose weight with that.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
No carbs, no sugar, exercise.

Your body uses carbs as energy and stores the fat for when you don't eat. Newflash, we never don't eat carbs.

Stop eating carbs and in 3 days your body will start to burn fat. Just make sure you eat your fibers, otherwise no poop!

HIIT every other day.
Protein rich diet with minimum amount of fats and carbs (so skip out on most fruits and veggies, and drink a lot of protein powder mixed with skimmed milk or even water).

Enco

HIIT every other day.
Protein rich diet with minimum amount of fats and carbs (so skip out on most fruits and veggies, and drink a lot of protein powder mixed with skimmed milk or even water).
No fruit or veggies?

Protein shakes instead?

Yikes. Recipe for a miserable life.

SUPREME1

Banned

Am I getting this right? If I lessen my diet by 1400 calories per day, I'd be on track (aside from the various other factors) to hit my goal?

So If I take in 3,000 calories per day now, and I stick to 1,600 instead (I could probably muster 1,000) it'd have a real shot at it. I mean, if that's just the diet side of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom