• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory is choosing between PS4 and XB1 #BOVESPA #DODONGO #BOJANGLES

Pain

Banned
Oh, c'mon.

7V4OB.png
Lol. That's pretty embarrassing.

Zephyrus

Banned
Oh oh oh, i know! Maybe, (just maybe) some people in this thread don't watch the show/are not watching the episode, and are merely commenting on a thread posted to a specific section of a website they frequent. I know, it's crazy.

Indeed. It IS crazy.
You know what I do when I try to post my opinion about a show I don't watch nor care about?
I don't post it.
It's just that easy.

Not

Banned
Can we all just call the Wii U dead at this point? Not even a mention. Even its 8-year-old predecessor gets a passing lampoon.

Corpekata

Banned
I like Big Bang. Watch it all the time. They over exaggerate on nerds but no other show talks about stuff like gaming. I would rather watch a show about nerds that like games and Star Wars then Grays Anatomy. Dont get the hate.

Not really? Community has done a lot of video game stuff. Ben from Parks and Rec is a nerd character that actually feels like a nerd. Big Bang is mostly "Say brand names and expect laughs." They almost never get the stuff they're talking about right. South Park had a better MMO episode than Big Bang did, and that's sad. There's plenty of stuff out there featuring nerds or nerdy subject matter these days.

Oersted

I love when this happens. It's like GAF looking into a mirror and seeing how ridiculous we all are.

The rage in this thread would work so perfectly in the show.

I like Big Bang. Watch it all the time. They over exaggerate on nerds but no other show talks about stuff like gaming. I would rather watch a show about nerds that like games and Star Wars then Grays Anatomy. Dont get the hate.

Hey there, Grey's Anatomy was awesome before it took a nosedive into being a boring mess.

Not

Banned
Wouldn't they just pick whichever company pays more? Or end it on a stalemate. I would assume this is all marketing, no?

Well, that, and it's easier to break stories by referencing current events (or at least, events that were current back when the scripts were written)

LegoArmo

I don't really watch this show, but if it's half as bad as some of the attempts at jokes in this thread, then it must really be terrible.

My God.

My dad turned this episode in, 30 seconds in and I can't do it anymore. Not even he laughed at any of the "jokes" and he "likes this show"

klaushm

Man, Gaf really is a hate machine hahahaha
I was surprised when I saw the other topic about Amy Henning and some people were really hateful towards Star Wars.

Cubed

I love all the laugh track jokes and claims that the show just spills a bunch of science jargon to make people laugh.

Neither are accurate. You're perpetuating a stereotype that doesn't apply. You instead have seen one episode (maybe) and then decided you didn't like the show you'd hop on the bandwagon of Internet meme insults for the show.

I, personally, barely care enough about the show to watch it. However, either have legitimate complaints about the show, citing specific reasons for why you dislike it, or, you know, shut up and leave the thread. Don't be a parrot for inaccurate insults.

I'll never understand the overt negativity on the internet.

Epcott

Was too busy watching Community's animated GI Joe tribute episode.

I'll have to catch this episode on Hulu, where I watch all my favorite BBT episodes.

;)

Corpekata

Banned
South Park just went by the initial black friday sales, which did favor the X1

South Park is also about kids, and is meant to lampoon their "war" in the first place. All of the stuff in that South Park episode is a bunch of jargon the kids don't even know the meaning of, which is sort of the point (the only good point any of the kids bring up is that they'd be splitting their friends between consoles and not being able to play with each other). There's a reason half of that entire arc is basically ripping the media a new asshole.

Zephyrus

Banned
I'm sorry you're so afraid to share your opinions. It's really not as big a deal as you make it out to be.

I'm never afraid to share my opinions. Reason why I keep getting banned everywhere.

If I have something to say, I say it. If you don't like what you read/heard, I don't care. I don't sugar coat anything.

But it's beyond stupid and childish to go to a thread to whine about something that you don't watch or care about.

Why? What's the point?

ViolentP

I'm never afraid to share my opinions. Reason why I keep getting banned everywhere.

If I have something to say, I say it. If you don't like what you read/heard, I don't care. I don't sugar coat anything.

But it's beyond stupid and childish to go to a thread to whine about something that you don't watch or care about.

Why? What's the point?

Why post in a manner that keeps getting you banned? Same reason, because they want to.

TalonJH

Was too busy watching Community's animated GI Joe tribute episode.

I'll have to catch this episode on Hulu, where I watch all my favorite BBT episodes.

;)
I plan to watch Community's GI Joe episode on July tomorrow. My wife likes Big Bang Theory and if she misses it, we have to watch it on their website.

KoopaTheCasual

Why? What's the point?
But that's exactly what's happening here. People (in succession) are saying some variation of, "oh that show is lame" and leaving the thread. Sure, there are the really weird and crazy Big Bang Theory haters, but the majority of the comments seem to be from people who know what the show is about and have seen a little of the show and have written it off.

This is nowhere near as bad as how reddit would have handled this.

Zephyrus

Banned
Why post in a manner that keeps getting you banned? Same reason, because they want to.

there is a difference though. You do understand that, right?

Me not caring if your feelings get hurt isn't the same as me going over to a thread about Star Fox and saying I don't like the game for reasons that are beyond my grasp simply because I have never in my life played a Star Fox game.

TalonJH

South Park is also about kids, and is meant to lampoon their "war" in the first place. All of the stuff in that South Park episode is a bunch of jargon the kids don't even know the meaning of, which is sort of the point (the only good point any of the kids bring up is that they'd be splitting their friends between consoles and not being able to play with each other). There's a reason half of that entire arc is basically ripping the media a new asshole.
I enjoyed the SP episode a lot. But I wishes would have used an actual Sony exec.

Cant you do both? I watch BBT, its mindless entertainment.
And thats why I can say quite often the jokes fall flat and, in its core, its still just a sitcom, which uses "Nerd-fandom" as their selling-point.
But they dont really use it accurately, most of the time.

I think a lot of people dont like BBT because a lot of the viewership doesnt really belong to the "Nerd-fandom", but still pretend they do. Hearing people say "You dont really know Schrödingers Cat. Its from BBT!" and things like that might aggrevate them.
It is a bit like fans of music. There are the fans, who really like one particular genre and go to a lot of concerts and then they meet the (often) girls who just listen to it, because one song of them was featured in the charts and not because they are a big fan of the genre.

ViolentP

there is a difference though. You do understand that, right?

Me not caring if your feelings get hurt isn't the same as me going over to a thread about Star Fox and saying I don't like the game for reasons that are beyond my grasp simply because I have never in my life played a Star Fox game.

Ignorance isn't the only reason to dislike something.

And the only difference I see is that you expect people to respect something that they don't like because others may like it, while you feel you needn't concern yourself with hurting other peoples feeling because the platform of "truth" is your given right.

You sir, are a hypocrite. Nothing more. How's that for not sugarcoating shit?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna take this chance to ask someone for the link of a parody video made in paint where Leonard asks "Hey, Sheldon, what are you doing?" and Sheldon answers "Using only the worst operative system ever, Windows Vista" and the crowd just dies of laughter.

Anyone knows what's the name of that video?

vypek

Wouldn't they just pick whichever company pays more? Or end it on a stalemate. I would assume this is all marketing, no?

It was strong marketing for both. A lot of data was given out about both systems.

Winner:
Neither was bought.

Knoxcore

The episode epitomized the pointlessness and moronic nature of the "console war." For those attuned to the topic like us, it was quite funny tbh.

I enjoyed the SP episode a lot. But I wishes would have used an actual Sony exec.

I was about to say that they might not have wanted to show a real person
getting his head caved in by Bill Gates
, but then I remembered that
George R. R. Martin got his dick chopped off in the middle of reciting a poem about it and was then trampled to death
. So yeah, no clue why they did it the way they did.

Top Bottom