• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: new Half-Life 2: Episode 3 concept art revealed (from 2008)

RooMHM

It'll be great when Ep3/HL3 finally comes out and takes place in an arctic environment of the sort that everyone will be totally sick of thanks to Lost Planet 3 and Dead Space 3.
It will be infinitely better compared to everything we have ever seen so we won't be sick of anything *hyperbole*

i1yoHbpGTXq5I.gif

I still believe.

Liamario

Banned
It's from 2008, so while interesting, it's difficult to take much notice of this art. The game could have and probably was cancelled and production on a full blown sequel began.

I would be amazed if the next game is Episode 3 instead of Half Life 3.

Harpuia

I can't imagine this game would be anything short of disappointment if it ever comes out. Seeing this stuff is awesome, even if it was mostly just Alyx concepts.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This leak is pretty sizable. Should cover the next three years nicely.

Sibylus

Banned
Arctic helicopters, Advisor hallucinations, and overgrown Xen platforms.

Yup, this looks like the Episode Three in my head.

*writes Valve desperate letters*

Xdrive05

Valve's complete silence on this game is disturbing. I bet they had EP3 over half done then decided to scrap it and start over for whatever goddamn reason (new engine? Doubtful). Can't think of why else it would be taking so long.

I almost wish steam, tf2, l4d and portal never happened just so there'd be pressure on valve to release this goddamn game already. Almost.

gabbo

I almost wish steam, tf2...never happened just so there'd be pressure on valve to release this goddamn game already. Almost.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to wish that upon the two things that predate the episodes and one that predates Half Life2 altogether.

gdt

I love Valve, and HL is one of my favorite franchises, with HL2+eps being possibly my favorite game of all time. I have no problem waiting. There are other games to play, books to read, movies to see, girls to fuck, etc.

When its ready, it'll be amazing. I'd like for it come out sooner, sure, but I'd rather they take as long as they need. Dunno why people get so angry about it.

I love Valve, and HL is one of my favorite franchises, with HL2+eps being possibly my favorite game of all time. I have no problem waiting. There are other games to play, books to read, movies to see, girls to fuck, etc.

When its ready, it'll be amazing. I'd like for it come out sooner, sure, but I'd rather they take as long as they need. Dunno why people get so angry about it.

i think its just the lack of news and info from valve. It'd be really nice to get an official statement from valve letting us know the status of Ep3/hl3.

ironcreed

Banned
Nice tease, but I am not going to get excited until they announce something. I have games that I'll actually get to play to worry about. Great looking ones at that. I don't want another 'Episode' either. I want a fully realized Half-Life 3. It's beyond ridiculous at this point and that is just being honest.

Top Bottom