• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bonkers Amazon.com PSN Deals

As a UK-GAFer, I want to buy AC:IV digital PS3 and upgrade to the PS4 version... would this be possible? How would you upgrade it?

As a UK GAFer, why can't they just bring this stuff to some other countries as well. I swear Amazon.com always has a bunch more buying options for games than the UK.

Van Owen

Banned
This is pretty good. I can spend $44 to get the PS4 version of AC4 and have a total of $15 leftover in my PS wallet, as opposed to spending $50 to get another $10 PS credit back through Sony's store.

skynidas

Banned
when thursday?

all day, i would assume

As a UK GAFer, why can't they just bring this stuff to some other countries as well. I swear Amazon.com always has a bunch more buying options for games than the UK.

well, as said on the op, you can also get this deal... I live in Spain and already bought NBA 2k14 though amazon's PSN store and I'm planning on getting BF4 and ACIV through these deals

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Looks like the BF4 PS3 Season Pass is already on sale.

V5tzaPb.png

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00GGUUJB8/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20
Saw BF and my mind jumped to BF4.... >_>

AlexBasch

Don't buy Battlefield on current gen. The frame rate sucks and you can never have more than 24 players. Only buy if you are going to get a PS4 before the $10 upgrading deal goes away
I was okay with BF3 performance but the beta kept freezing my PS3 after every match, I thought it would be fixed in the final game.

Welp, guess I'm skipping it since I don't plan on buying a next gen console until mid-2014.

SOLDIER

Probably a dumb question, but doesn't hurt to be safe: does the $10 credit you got with the system work toward upgrading to the PS4 version of a game?

It most likely should work since it's a PSN purchase, but just wondering.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Are you able to upgrade digital versions of PS3 games to the PS4 versions as well? I know that the PS4 requires you to have the physical disc of the PS3 game inserted into the system so you can play the digital PS4 version, but I assume doing the digital-to-digital upgrade doesn't have any such restrictions.
Correct, no such restrictions when I bought CoD on ps3 and did the ps4 upgrade. But ya can't trade it

Does anyone know if the battlefield premium will transfer to ps4? I didn't think it was like the CoD season pass.

Probably a dumb question, but doesn't hurt to be safe: does the $10 credit you got with the system work toward upgrading to the PS4 version of a game?

It most likely should work since it's a PSN purchase, but just wondering.

That's what I plan on doing. It's just store credit. It shouldn't matter what you buy with it I don't think

SOLDIER

That's what I thought, but thanks for the confirmation.

Last question: did DF ever do a comparison between Battlefield 4 and Lego Marvel for PS4 vs PC?

Curious how they both performed on Sony's new machine and the pros and cons of going that route vs PC.

Darknight

Wow some of these prices are making me want to go digital on my 3 games. Only reason because I kinda feel weird swapping out disk to play each game that is on the Menu. Reminds me of VITA.

Im really thinking of selling off my physical copies and getting a digital copy. No more swapping and ready for Remote Play any time. DAMN it AMAZON!!

International folk: you'll need a US address (preferably in a state that doesn't charge tax for digital purchases, such as Delaware), and a dummy US PSN account. Stick the US address in the Amazon address book, splash the cash, and activate the codes on the US PSN account. Log into your dummy account, download the games, and then switch to your regular account to play them. Do note that last step won't work on a Vita or a PSP, so don't buy any handheld stuff with this method.

Any idea if it's the same deal with the PS4, you can download stuff on the US account and play it on the UK/EU/AU account?

Does anyone know if the the amazon US PSN codes for the games will work on a Canadian PSN account?

US PS plus codes work, but psn wallet funding codes don't work. So not sure if these will work with a CA account.

Well, if United States PlayStation Plus codes work in Canada, I'll gladly grab two years.

They do, I've used multiple US codes on my CA account. Similarly, CA plus codes work on US psn account.

However, WALLET funding codes will NOT work.

Kyoufu

Does anyone know if the the amazon US PSN codes will work on a Canadian PSN account?

US PS plus codes work, but psn wallet funding codes don't work. So not sure if these will work with a CA account.

Previous posts in this thread state that games and PS+ subs work, but not PSN funds.

ZeroX03

Banned
Is Puppeteer a must-play game? I have a massive backlog atm and prefer my PS3 games to be physical, but $20 w/ a $5 off code I have is pretty tempting.

Top Bottom