• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hiromi Tsuru (Yakuza 0's Reina Voice Actress) has passed away

sublimit

Banned
The Japanese voice actress behind Yakuza 0's Reina and the Dragon Ball character Bulma has passed away at the age of 57.

Asahi News reports that Tsuru was found unconscious in her car in Tokyo Thursday evening and passed away shortly after arriving at the hospital that night.

Tsuru boasted a storied career as a voice actress, landing her first voice acting role at the age of 12 for the anime Lupin the Third. She would later go on to become the voice of Bulma throughout numerous Dragon Ball seasons and series, including appearances in the many video game adaptations of the show.

Her most recent video game credits included Bulma in 2016's Dragon Ball: Xenoverse 2, Anne in Bravely Second: End Layer, and Reina in Yakuza 0. She was also the voice behind Ninja Gaiden II's Elizebet, Major Motoko Kusanagi in the 1997 Ghost in the Shell game, and Naomi Hunter from the Metal Gear Solid series.
https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news...tal_Gear_Solid_voice_actress_Hiromi_Tsuru.php

RIP :(

Aggelos

Those are really heart-breaking news...

I'll always remember her as Naomi Hunter from the Metal Gear Solid series
https://www.aoni.co.jp/search/tsuru-hiromi.html

tsuru-hiromi.jpg

Dunki

What a huge loss. Just looked up her wiki and he voiced a ton of great stuff.

Rest in Peace Hiromi Tsuru...

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Dragon Ball Super and Yakuza 0 really helped me appreciate her more, recently. That last DBFighterZ trailer that begins with Bulma talking with Goku seemed especially pleasant to me.

It's not often you get to see characters grow up with you so often. Goku's going through the Adol Christin Sickness, but Bulma, rather than being shocked, worried, or highly concerned... just leers at him, because she knows Goku. She knows how goofy he can be, and she has known him for all his formative life.

She's been voicing characters I've heard for years, and in older anime I've watched years after their introduction. Now I want to really watch KOR even more now (been a fan of it's music for years), to hear what she brings to Madoka,

Tsuru-san seemed to bring a nice, strong direction to her characters. Even though I didn't immediately place her as Reina in Y0, I knew I was hearing a veteran VA when she first showed up. There's just something different about many JP female voices that started before our modern "moe" phases.

In the end, I hope her death wasn't as lonely as it sounds. An actress who shared her voice with the world for so many years, deserved to have friends, family, and fans surrounding her before passing on.

Peroroncino

Way too soon, it's always hard to read about stuff like that but it's even harder when it's about a person that lent her voice to some of my favorite japanese characters out there... fuck...

Top Bottom