• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OG Xbox Games Coming 10/24 & Xbox One X Enhanced 360 Games

Is everyone just enjoying a feature of Xbox?

No

No fucking way

No 'well that would be good, but NO GAMES'?
'Id care if I had an Xbox, which I'm never getting'?
'who cares bring back Scalebound'?

Really?

Nothing?

Shit

Seems like a fair share of the toxic side account suicided.

Lom1lo

Why are only 4 360 Games enhanced? This Resolution thing could be enabled for all games right ? I really hope every game Gerd this

Why are only 4 360 Games enhanced? This Resolution thing could be enabled for all games right ? I really hope every game Gerd this

Because they're native, not upscaled. To get that you actually need to tweak the game, and you can't do that with just any random game you find.

Raide

The only downside is lack of online play for OG games. Was hoping for the grand return of Mech Assault.

Oh, where is my ChromeHounds?

OG XBOX ENHANCE THIS DICKBUTT FOR A RAPIST

VQ0uFUO.jpg

pbatty89

Neo Member
Cant see them on the actual xbox one store only the www site. they also say only works on 360? if i buy kotor will it auto download to my xbox one

xrnzaaas

That's nice, but I'd prefer it they opened One to more 360 games or at least to all first-party titles (Forza 2-4!).

Cant see them on the actual xbox one store only the www site. they also say only works on 360? if i buy kotor will it auto download to my xbox one
Will show up but not auto download - I imagine these new releases are for 360 and One? I could check I guess but it looks like they're on the 360 store.

gossi

Did anyone who owned a game digitally on X360 notice if their purchase/ownership transferred to these downloads?

Microsoft say any CD or digital purchase will work on Xbox One, i.e. no need to rebuy.

The Xbox Marketplace ones will work, but they won't auto download - they will appear in Ready to Install.

Chromehounds was amazing.

They would have to ban party chat for that game to work.

I missed the boat by a couple of months on that game.
Played it for a bit but could never get a group for it.

LFG would be great for it now.

I wish we could have something that "strange" again on xbox one

sja_626

So (select) 360 games are getting a 9x boost taking 720p native games to 4K native on X. Wonder what would happen if one of the rare 1080p native 360 games were to be BC and enhanced. Beyond 4K?

Theorry

SRV

Achievements were a 360 thing I believe.

Yeah, I just Googled it and it looks like they aren't adding them, I honestly thought they said they were adding them. I clearly just jumped to that conclusion, think maybe with the PS4's PS2 trophy additions.

Even so, I'm looking forward to jumping back in to KOTOR!

iFirez

I wonder what time these will go live, as in playable. I tried this morning but got the same message when putting an Xbox disk in of “not supported”. Hopefully It’l be relatively soon, I wanna get my KOTOR on.

Theorry

I wonder what time these will go live, as in playable. I tried this morning but got the same message when putting an Xbox disk in of “not supported”. Hopefully It’l be relatively soon, I wanna get my KOTOR on.

Probably in arround 6 hours. Usual time 360 bc games drop.

Justinh

Ninja Gaiden Black is going into GamePass tomorrow so that's cool.

You can already buy Kotor from the web store.

Yeah, I was about to comment this (good thing I searched page first). Hopefully this is a sign that other games will regularly make it into the program too.

I already have Ninja Gaiden: Black and Psychonauts from like... a long time ago, I'm really hoping that Max Payne 1 & 2 get added to the program too soon. I played them both on PC ages ago, but have never beat them.

Solo Act

I have a question regarding backwards compatibility. I've read on a few sites that a lot of games won't be getting the BC treatment because of expired music licenses, companies gone, etc. I understand these things will limit Microsoft releasing, say, NHL Hitz 20-03 on Xbox Live to buy and download, but couldn't they still make games like this backwards compatible as long as you insert the disc?

gossi

I have a question regarding backwards compatibility. I've read on a few sites that a lot of games won't be getting the BC treatment because of expired music licenses, companies gone, etc. I understand these things will limit Microsoft releasing, say, NHL Hitz 20-03 on Xbox Live to buy and download, but couldn't they still make games like this backwards compatible as long as you insert the disc?

Nope, they have to repackage the software (the disc isn't actually used) which needs license holder approval.

Solo Act

Nope, they have to repackage the software (the disc isn't actually used) which needs license holder approval.

But you can use the discs for 360 BC on Xbox One, so why couldn't it be the same for OG Xbox?

(I'm just trying to understand why this isn't an option as most of my favorite games have zero chance of being officially released as BC, but I'd gladly rebuy the discs on Ebay).

Top Bottom