• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 41, 2017

Would be kinda funny if the version wound up justifying itself to EA through its legs. That said it's still hovering around like, 1% of all sales overall.

Depends on if they actually expected sales to be similar or less than the versions which released on platforms that are eleven and twelve years old. I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume that they expected the game to do significantly better than the legacy versions since most people have moved on to current gen consoles based on the platform splits.

I’m sure the next version will come to the Switch though, I think they released Fifa 14 on the PS2.

Chobel

More importantly there are significantly more PS4 and X1 users today than when TEW first released.

Xbox users are adopting digital sales significantly more than PS4 users? The other option is that Xbox users are buying much less games now, which is IMO unlikely.

Shiggy

Based on Bruno MB's numbers from last week:

Forza Motorsport 6
Week 1 - 38,000 [38,000]
Week 2 - 22,700 [62,700]

Forza Motorsport 7
Week 2 - 30,000 [30,000]
Week 2 - 11,000 [41,000]

EW2 bombing stings a little but I'm really glad at Crash legs. I always knew it would sell well but I didn't expect it to be quite this evergreen. The PSN rereleases of the originals were but this is more expensive, doesn't seem to matter.

There must be some pressure to port it to at least XBO and maybe PC/Switch but who knows what the exact details of the Sony partnership are.

EW2 bombing stings a little but I'm really glad at Crash legs. I always knew it would sell well but I didn't expect it to be quite this evergreen. The PSN rereleases of the originals were but this is more expensive, doesn't seem to matter.

There must be some pressure to port it to at least XBO and maybe PC/Switch but who knows what the exact details of the Sony partnership are.

Crash just looks like a timed exclusive. I'm guessing we'll find out about PC/XB1/Switch versions around Nov/Dec.

Xbox users are adopting digital sales significantly more than PS4 users? The other option is that Xbox users are buying much less games now, which is IMO unlikely.

Or if the UK console sales are mirroring the US, Xbox sales are cratering, and the disparity is there's far more PS4 users now.

17 (17) NSW FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
18 (08) 360 FIFA 18 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)

FIFA 18 Switch managed to keep steady while last gen version fell like a rock. PS3/360 outselling Switch version seems like temporary and were front loaded. In the long run, Switch will probably still remain selling consistently while the last gen version will loose legs. We're talking about a version avaliable for a brand new and popular system against two old and out of the card systems. Of course, trolls and detractors will take the opportunity to call shots at it.

Metroid has never sold well. I have no idea why Nintendo don't just put the series out of it's misery.

Metroid always sold above 1M+. Other M was the only bust after the series was foolish shelved. 3DS was also a bad choice of a platform at this moment, all eyes of the world are around the Switch now.

FIFA 18 Switch managed to keep steady while last gen version fell like a rock. PS3/360 outselling Switch version seems like temporary and were front loaded. In the long run, Switch will probably still remain selling consistently while the last gen version will loose legs. We're talking about a version avaliable for a brand new and popular system against two old and out of the card systems. Of course, trolls and detractors will take the opportunity to call shots at it.

Metroid always sold above 1M+. Other M was the only bust after the series was foolish shelved. 3DS was also a bad choice of a platform at this moment, all eyes of the world are around the Switch now.
The Metroid Prime collection also failed to sell over a million copies. I don't think it even got half a million.

jett

D-Member
Steamspy reporting 56K in its third day , I know it needs a week for accurate numbers but this is an indicator on how things are going , A great shame but predicted

Man, I thought it had sold more than that on PC. I guess it is what it is.

Shadow of War is massive, already at 350K on Steam.

Crash still holding on.

Why does Knack 2 exist. When even MHS a game capcom couldn't even be bothered to localise themselves is beating you, you have some real problems.
Probably because Cerny wanted it to happen. I know the studio started on it right after the first one because they felt there was potential for better. They faced problems trying to meet the PS4 launch.

They ended up making a better game than the first one, but Knack 2 isn't all that good either. I thought it was barely average.

black070

How is Shadow of War doing when compared to Mordor or are there no numbers for it?

Code:
[Week 41, 2017] MIDDLE-EARTH: SHADOW OF WAR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) ~ 82,000

PlayStation 4 ~ 50,000
Xbox One ~ 32,000

[Week 40, 2014] MIDDLE EARTH: SHADOW OF MORDOR (WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE) ~ 100,000

PlayStation 4 ~ 56,000
Xbox One ~ 41,000
PC ~ 3,000

Not too bad, accounting for digital probably puts them neck and neck.

dan2026

They should of put Metroid on the Switch.
Even a quick cheapy port would of sold like hotcakes.
Nintendo are fools to just release of 3ds.

Shadow of War is either barely down or flat with Mordor adding in digital.

But that really rough debut for Evil Within 2
You know, I don‘t that‘s great for that game either. Sure, the revenue will be up with digial, lootboxes and many different versions of the game, but I expected this to do better physically. It‘s legs might die quicker than the first one, too. However, it seems to do quite well on Steam, so there‘s that.

Next week is GTS. Wonder how big the decline will be and if it manages to sell 100k+.

Kill3r7

Unquestionably digital is the elephant in the room. Unless digital adoption is significantly outpacing console user growth we should see a minor sales increase at retail. This gen we are constantly pointing to digital as the panacea for middling retail performance of several AAA sequels, especially current gen only releases.

My weekly unscientific look at the Amazon UK 2017 yearly chart shows GT Sport finally appearing at 96.
Shadow of War PS4 is at 57, but I haven't looked for that before so I'm not sure how long it's been there.

EGM1966

A reminder of week one GT sales in UK.

Man GT6 was such as mistake launching on PS3 after PS4 took off like it did. Though to be fair seems Sony were caught unawares how strong PS4 demand was.

Shame for EW2 but not unexpected for me as I felt the original was fun but flawed and didn't inspire interest for more in the majority of those who played it. A drop makes sense for me for the franchise (such as it was) in context.

I'm really curious to see how GTS sells in current market. PS4 strength in PAL coupled with first GT this gen makes me think it'll outperform GT6 - but it's not a numbered release and there's doubt over the SP/MP split in market I believe, so that could hurt it.

Forza 7 numbers seem about right given PAL position for Xbox and shift to Horizon for the franchise vs the sim orientated original.

Plum

My weekly unscientific look at the Amazon UK 2017 yearly chart shows GT Sport finally appearing at 96.
Shadow of War PS4 is at 57, but I haven't looked for that before so I'm not sure how long it's been there.

Can't check right now, where's Mario? I'm really interested to see how that one sells considering how early the heavy marketing seems to be appearing.

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
Would be really interested to know what kind of percentage digital sales count for in today's market?

Is the issue that Sony & co don't want to supply this data? Surely it's really easy to retrieve for them?! 🤔

Can't check right now, where's Mario? I'm really interested to see how that one sells considering how early the heavy marketing seems to be appearing.

Mario's at 14 in the 2017 chart and been high up for quite a while.

In the current chart SMO is number 1, GTS is at both 3 and 4 for Steelbook and £4 cheaper versions.

Additionally there's the October chart, which is
Fifa PS4
Fifa XBone
SoW PS4
Mario Odyssey
SoW XBone
Dual Shock
GT Sport Steelbook
CoD PS4
GT Sport

gtj1092

Would be really interested to know what kind of percentage digital sales count for in today's market?

Is the issue that Sony & co don't want to supply this data? Surely it's really easy to retrieve for them?! 🤔

Pretty sure I read a recent story that Sony claims PSN accounts for 40% of all PlayStation software sales.

Top Bottom