• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Waypoint: Inside the Sexual Misconduct Allegations Rocking NeoGAF's Last 48 Hours

SaikyoBro

The two continued to hang out, according to Leupp, because she attributed the incident to him "being drunk that one night." They talked about how what happened was "not okay," and he seemed receptive to the feedback.

"I had no reason not to trust him still," she said. "It was a creepy thing, but I tend to give people second chances. He had already invited me to go to E3."

Malka and Leupp did have consensual sex one time after the shower incident.

Clearly the absolute shitstorm of drama over the weekend was 100% warranted.

MrToast

Evilore deserves a second chance, a lot of people here are jumping to conclusions and we don't know if these accusations are true or false.

OEM

WHY IS IT ALWAYS THE JUNIORS

Thinking_Face_Emoji_large-480x430.png

Two Words

Evilore deserves a second chance, a lot of people here are jumping to conclusions and we don't know if these accusations are true or false.
The biggest issue is how this whole thing was handled. Frankly, if we assume every accusation is true, he could easily admit to it as being a mistake on his part. It’s not like this was an incident of rape or sexual assault.

And if she is not telling the truth, he could just as easily say she isn’t. But trying to ban away any discussion is just doing far more damage.

clemenx

Banned
Lmao victim blaming and mental illness card. It was almost impossible to look worse talking than staying silent but he did it.

What a piece of trash.

The biggest issue is how this whole thing was handled. Frankly, if we assume every accusation is true, he could easily admit to it as being a mistake on his part. It’s not like this was an incident of rape or sexual assault.

And if she is not telling the truth, he could just as easily say she isn’t. But trying to ban away any discussion is just doing far more damage.

Was OP just banned for this thread?

GamerJM

Banned
Evilore's response to the allegations reek of narcissism, sociopath, and an overinflated ego that signals that he truly thinks he can do no wrong. What a disaster, what a horrible human being, and I hope everything turns out fine for the woman involved, long-term. And remember, the most powerful thing you can say to a victim of abuse is "I believe you".

MrToast

Even if it is somewhat true, he deserves a second chance, people have done worse. Besides that point, we need to hear from he man himself in full, as there is 2 sides to the story.

sikkinixx

The biggest issue is how this whole thing was handled. Frankly, if we assume every accusation is true, he could easily admit to it as being a mistake on his part. It's not like this was an incident of rape or sexual assault.

Agreed. The whole shower ordeal sounds like something that could be a drunken misunderstanding and his grab-ass while drunk (noticing a theme) comes across as trying to puff up the "damn at some dank party, booze is flowin, sex is happenin!"braggadocio . A more straightforward, humble and timely mea culpa would have saved GAF. Instead a series of bad choices about older bad choices fucked it all up.

Now stuff about (former) mods feeling unsupported by EL or how GAF seemed to lack a steady hand in tackling what is a more toxic, more extreme to the left/right environment, seems like a bigger issue?

Nishastra

Banned
It's fun to see the piles of GG people coming out of the woodwork to celebrate the removal of Off Topic.

"Let's just have fun with video games" has always been a rallying cry to remove/ignore marginalized people and issues, and now it's become GAF's policy.

I'm thankful that GAF came back, though, because it gives me an opportunity to properly log off and never come back.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
It's fun to see the piles of GG people coming out of the woodwork to celebrate the removal of Off Topic.

"Let's just have fun with video games" has always been a rallying cry to remove/ignore marginalized people and issues, and now it's become GAF's policy.

I'm thankful that GAF came back, though, because it gives me an opportunity to properly log off and never come back.

It's a videogame forum. Not tumblr.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

They won in the end.

The Hermit

fWx327.gif

In this article it states that they had consensual sex at a different time after the shower incident.

So if she was creeped out so much then you’d have to wonder why would this occur after the fact..

As with everything it’s not black and white.

In this article it states that they had consensual sex at a different time after the shower incident.

So if she was creeped out so much then you’d have to wonder why would this occur after the fact..

Yeah !!!! She slept with him after, so it was consensual all along.

#minorityreport

Even if it is somewhat true, he deserves a second chance, people have done worse. Besides that point, we need to hear from he man himself in full, as there is 2 sides to the story.

You're a garbage person for saying this. Hope no one tries to take advantage of you next time you're vulnerable.

SoulUnison

Banned
NeoGAF is one of the biggest forums on the internet, and video games have always been a hot button scapegoat.

The way we compose ourselves right now could be used to affect the very nature of the internet, going forward.
There's a whole hotbed of important principles and issues on display right in front of us, but it goes way beyond "video games" or any specific incident.

Let's set a good precedent, think critically, and consider our words.
Don't prove the internet a mistake to people with the power to make it so.

This x100

As for the topic at hand, this whole meltdown really could’ve been avoided had Evilore been quicker with a statement and not tried sweeping discussions about the issue under a rug.

The alleged incident is rather tame compared to the other sexual harassment allegations that have dominated the recent news cycle. He could’ve come back from this a few days ago, but now? I’m not sure.

A person has the right to say no at any point, be it causal acquaintances, or married for decades. Situations change and relationships evolve - but your logic is why the #metoo hashtag is important.

Arkage

Banned
The two interesting component of this article were

1) It claims many mods left due to wariness from a delay on the public statement rather than some outright call-to-arms revolt. Of course there are other articles (kotaku) that characterize their actions as trying to signal solidarity with the woman. I imagine it was a mix of the two.

2) Some of the details make this story even more strange. There were open relationship statuses (though apparently only for one gender). There was a continued relationship which turned into physical intimacy after this supposedly scaring assault. It seems more like a misread of the timing more than anything else.

RDreamer

But, there was already a self admitted other sexual assault instance. So this is Chance 2, and this response, especially said in this article is a whole other chance gone. Could have taken the high and mature road and had a better, more empathetic response. If it truly was a mistake or he regretted what he did, I’m definitely not seeing it in what was said here.

SaikyoBro

A person has the right to say no at any point, be it causal acquaintances, or married for decades. Situations change and relationships evolve - but your logic is why the #metoo hashtag is important.

She said "no" and he got out, lol. I'm not denying that the guy has some issues but this whole mess has been so overblown.

MrToast

But, there was already a self admitted other sexual assault instance. So this is Chance 2, and this response, especially said in this article is a whole other chance gone. Could have taken the high and mature road and had a better, more empathetic response. If it truly was a mistake or he regretted what he did, I’m definitely not seeing it in what was said here.

This is the thing though, how do we know if 'chance 2' is real? This story could literally be fake news.

Top Bottom